Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It turns out he was captured because he was attacking forsaken (breaking argent neutrality here).
    It would seem that the forsaken are invading argent territory since he was patrolling in eastern plaguelands.
    Last edited by delus; 2017-04-18 at 11:58 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    It would seem that the forsaken are invading argent territory since he was patrolling in western plaguelands.
    They own parts of the palguelands, just like the Forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It would seem that the forsaken are invading argent territory since he was patrolling in western plaguelands.
    Maybe he just had an argent crusader tabard from the pre-BC event.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    Much like this story, it's not so much what happens but how it happens. She could have a crush on that leper gnome in the Apothecary quarter for all I care, so long as it makes sense in the context of the story and it is emotionally engaging.

I think people go with the sex angle because we're talking about mature, strong and decisive characters here, and sex just makes sense. Eternal devotion and withholding your feelings are more teenage-y sentiments, and they don't really mesh well with the darker elements of the story, such as "I'm going to murder your cousin who now hates what you've become because I want you to be stronger so I can use you but also as a vanity project".

Though I have to admit this isn't entirely new in Warcraft fanfic... errr... official literature. Lord of the Clans also had this pretty blatant tone problem with fucking decapitating Taretha and throwing her head to Thrall in an otherwise bland and child friendly fantasy book based on a cartoony game where units say silly lines if you click on them repeatedly.
    in the end..... Rated T for Teens.

No Tusk Club.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    They own parts of the palguelands, just like the Forsaken.
    That is sketchy since it is right next to crown guard tower. I'm guessing the forsaken really don't give a damn anyways.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is sketchy since it is right next to crown guard tower. I'm guessing the forsaken really don't give a damn anyways.
    It was Nathanos's home. I don't think they own that.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

It was Nathanos's home. I don't think they own that.
    That's what bothers me. They have to inject some contrived bullshit. Can't the writers just say they found out the dude was Nathanos' cousin and nabbed him?

Much like this story, it's not so much what happens but how it happens. She could have a crush on that leper gnome in the Apothecary quarter for all I care, so long as it makes sense in the context of the story and it is emotionally engaging.

I think people go with the sex angle because we're talking about mature, strong and decisive characters here, and sex just makes sense. Eternal devotion and withholding your feelings are more teenage-y sentiments, and they don't really mesh well with the darker elements of the story, such as "I'm going to murder your cousin who now hates what you've become because I want you to be stronger so I can use you but also as a vanity project".

Though I have to admit this isn't entirely new in Warcraft fanfic... errr... official literature. Lord of the Clans also had this pretty blatant tone problem with fucking decapitating Taretha and throwing her head to Thrall in an otherwise bland and child friendly fantasy book based on a cartoony game where units say silly lines if you click on them repeatedly.
    Yeah, I can understand why sex seems like a logical conclusion. But based on the fact that Nathanos is completely oblivious to Sylvanas maybe feeling something for him, I'd say that sex is unlikely in this particular story. He may not be the brightest tool in the shed, but nobody's that dumb, plus I don't see Sylvanas proposing nor do I see Nathanos doing anything to bring his idol down from her pedestal, which might include fucking her. Unrequited feelings forever lost (or are they?) due to being undead is probably more towards the angle Blizzard was looking for here, I think.

I don't think it's really a matter of tone, more that the sex wasn't as important to their relationship as Nathanos's devotion to Sylvanas. But it's true that Blizzard definitely shies away from sex in general even in their M rated titles, unlike games like Dragon Age or The Witcher.

Could this be an experiment on Sylvanas's part as a precursor to a physical upgrade for herself? She is bound to have a cousin...or, you know, a certain sister (Vereesa) that would make a great body double right? It could also create some great drama between Sylvanas and Alleria later down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Havoktx View Post
    Could this be an experiment on Sylvanas's part as a precursor to a physical upgrade for herself? She is bound to have a cousin...or, you know, a certain sister (Vereesa) that would make a great body double right? It could also create some great drama between Sylvanas and Alleria later down the line.
    her body is already preserved by the Val'kyr. She doesn't need it.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, I can understand why sex seems like a logical conclusion. But based on the fact that Nathanos is completely oblivious to Sylvanas maybe feeling something for him, I'd say that sex is unlikely in this particular story. He may not be the brightest tool in the shed, but nobody's that dumb, plus I don't see Sylvanas proposing nor do I see Nathanos doing anything to bring his idol down from her pedestal, which might include fucking her. Unrequited feelings forever lost (or are they?) due to being undead is probably more towards the angle Blizzard was looking for here, I think.

I don't think it's really a matter of tone, more that the sex wasn't as important to their relationship as Nathanos's devotion to Sylvanas. But it's true that Blizzard definitely shies away from sex in general even in their M rated titles, unlike games like Dragon Age or The Witcher.
    The tone thing is more about the cousin.

Sylvanas looked like she would get more development in Legion, and her arc was pointing at, not redemption, but finally finding her place in the world after Arthas died and she decided she wants to keep on living. She managed to fight alongside the Alliance for a while, and even though she had to retreat you can really see she wasn't happy about it in her Broken Shore cinematic, Vol'jin endorsed her to become the leader of Horde and she's actually trying to find a way to keep the Forsaken going.

So what is the point of this little episode that does nothing to progress the small development she got at the start of Legion (it even happens before all that), but instead fans the flame of haters with another despicably selfish, shady random act of evil™? She kills his cousin? After we see him looking up to her as a kid? And he isn't even Alliance, he's a goody goody Argent Crusade paladin? The horror!

Is anything going to come from this? Would it be good for the story if something did come from this and it derailed the actual in-game development of Sylvanas? Particularly when it doesn't seem to influence the Stormheim quest chain where Nathanos is heavily featured? Does this just not matter at all, it's just that the Forsaken "theme" is doing evil stuff, the same way night elves care about trees?

Either way, why have it in the background of the much weaker (but more important to the story) plot point of Nathanos' tragically unconsummated love for Sylvanas? It's only serving to make the characters look less emotionally compelling and more generically "dark".
    Last edited by Coconut; 2017-04-19 at 12:45 AM.

her body is already preserved by the Val'kyr. She doesn't need it.
    If I were to guess, I'd say it's more she, being a banshee inhabiting her original body, is a different type of undead and doesn't follow the same rules as normal forsaken. It would seem that the Val'kyr essentially artificially created a dark ranger out of Nathanos.

Im assuming a mental disorder that ran in the windruner family, other Elves thankfully seem to have escaped the disease.
    there's aethas and modera. but he's a total kirin kuck, so i guess that makes sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    there's aethas and modera. but he's a total kirin kuck, so i guess that makes sense.
    Aethas would give the Kirin'tor the sunwell if he could.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    The tone thing is more about the cousin.

Sylvanas looked like she would get more development in Legion, and her arc was pointing at, not redemption, but finally finding her place in the world after Arthas died and she decided she wants to keep on living. She managed to fight alongside the Alliance for a while, and even though she had to retreat you can really see she wasn't happy about it in her Broken Shore cinematic, Vol'jin endorsed her to become the leader of Horde and she's actually trying to find a way to keep the Forsaken going.

So what is the point of this little episode that does nothing to progress the small development she got at the start of Legion (it even happens before all that), but instead fans the flame of haters with another despicably selfish, shady random act of evil™? She kills his cousin? After we see him looking up to her as a kid? And he isn't even Alliance, he's a goody goody Argent Crusade paladin? The horror!

Is anything going to come from this? Would it be good for the story if something did come from this and it derailed the actual in-game development of Sylvanas? Particularly when it doesn't seem to influence the Stormheim quest chain where Nathanos is heavily featured? Does this just not matter at all, it's just that the Forsaken "theme" is doing evil stuff, the same way night elves care about trees?

Either way, why have it in the background of the much weaker (but more important to the story) plot point of Nathanos' tragically unconsummated love for Sylvanas? It's only serving to make the characters look less emotionally compelling and more generically "dark".
    It emphasizes and details the bond between Sylvanas and Nathanos, why he is so loyal to her, to the point of sacrificing his own cousin because he trusts her judgement that it is necessary to fight the Legion. It's a story of loyalty, and let us not forget that Nathanos' cousin, while being 'goody goody Argent Crusade' killed quite a few Forsaken. He was a prisoner of war who fired the first shot. He was executed and his body put to use, nothing evil there.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    It emphasizes and details the bond between Sylvanas and Nathanos, why he is so loyal to her, to the point of sacrificing his own cousin because he trusts her judgement that it is necessary to fight the Legion. It's a story of loyalty, and let us not forget that Nathanos' cousin, while being 'goody goody Argent Crusade' killed quite a few Forsaken. He was a prisoner of war who fired the first shot. He was executed and his body put to use, nothing evil there.
    Fair enough, but why not just make him Alliance or Scarlet Crusade instead of suggesting a conflict/breach of trust that isn't established in game?

Better yet, why not let Nathanos make the decision to sacrifice his cousin on his own (maybe because he knows Sylvanas would appreciate a new body that reminded her of him) instead of having her present him with the situation and him just following through like a sheep? A man with initiative would at least feel more worthy of the respect and affection of an elven ranger general.

Aethas would give the Kirin'tor the sunwell if he could.
    I want to see him try, just so Rommath could put him in his place and make demands on the Kirin Tor which they would need to comply to or he'd pull out all blood elf (and maybe even high elf that are not Vereesa crazies) from Dalaran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    I want to see him try, just so Rommath could put him in his place and make demands on the Kirin Tor which they would need to comply to or he'd pull out all blood elf (and maybe even high elf that are not Vereesa crazies) from Dalaran.
    Hey Rommath what are you-*killed by Rommath*
    Holy shit lol

Hey Rommath what are you-*killed by Rommath*
    Corpse gets passed around and rejected by Forsaken, Bolvar and Dreadlords.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Forsaken generally don't experience emotions like normal humans. Nathanos is loyal to her but I really don't think he'd even think twice about killing his cousin, well besides the end when he feels a small twinge of regret after the fact.