The Ascendant sync kill is actually the one I mind the least. They give you a custom animation and effect to let you know when it's coming when you're to close to them. For everything else, even in ME3 MP, it was a 50/50 chance of happening without warning when you get to close to them.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Mass Effect MMO (if done right) you be like Warframe but with a more instances like the ones in SWTOR.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Ugh, a Mass Effect MMO... the idea makes me gag. The idea of a bunch of assholes parking their nomads on mailboxes/important NPCs/etc... no thanks. When it comes to games more people make things worse, far more often than they make things better.

Having said that, I'd be game for some campaign co-op, because I could play with people that I trust to not ruin the experience.
    This. So very much this.

When it comes to Multiplayer, less is more. I want to play with other players, but not with MASSIVE numbers of players. Small scale multiplayer is just fine. And of course the biggest reason why I don't want it in MMO form is because if I have no internet I still want to be able to play.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

Indeed. The MP works fine in his own way, not need a MMO of MA. Its not going to work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    Mass Effect SERIOUSLY needs a Co-op campaign.

I really would LOVE them to do something similar to SWTOR, but on a smaller scale, Release a single-player RPG, with multiple campaigns per class, that you can play in co-op with friends of yours, and participate in conversations with multiple people. I think that's one of the parts I enjoyed the most about SWTOR. Me and my best friend are big bioware fans, and we both loved how we could be on the same conversation with the same NPC, taking turns to deliver our lines.

While I hope I never get to see a Mass Effect MMO, I really really hope one day they give us a Co-op option for Mass Effect. Andromeda was the perfect way to do it too, because the protagonists are twins.
    Bioware's new IP is purportedly, though its entirely speculation, some variety of looter shooter so EA can compete with Activision (Destiny) and Ubisoft (The Division) in that market.

Bioware isn't exactly known for making mindless action games, so I wouldn't be surprised if it has what you are looking for, assuming it is what people speculate. A coop 'RPG' built with a focus on story/group play/loot/etc...

Deleted
    I like the game but this "no save - no checkpoints" thing on certain missions like the "strongholds" is really testing my patience

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I like the game but this "no save - no checkpoints" thing on certain missions like the "strongholds" is really testing my patience
    Get good.

Kidding, I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Am I the only one that can't stop staring at Sara's ass in certain armour?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Why would you even consider STOPPING?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Why would you even consider STOPPING?
    Becomes a problem when engaging an Architect

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    {Lancer Build}

There are so many completely broken builds in this game.
    Didn't do any build watching/research prior to (or since) starting game. I started as full biotic but by level 8ish had gravitated toward this exact build, and have the same mods and gear almost exactly, with only difference is i'm not cheesing the no cooldown shield talent, and its still mega powerful. Been playing that build for weeks now and having a hard time justifying trying anything else (2nd playthrough will be vanguard/close-range though). Quite fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get good.

Kidding, I agree.

- - - Updated - - -

The armor with the neon tubes, two of which go over the curve of her cheeks?

And not her face cheeks.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    The armor with the neon tubes, two of which go over the curve of her cheeks?

And not her face cheeks.
    That's the one

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the one
    Yeah, I had that for a while. For the, um, stats.
    Putin khuliyo

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Bioware's new IP is purportedly, though its entirely speculation, some variety of looter shooter so EA can compete with Activision (Destiny) and Ubisoft (The Division) in that market.
    Was that the IP that was canceled and the dev team refocused on Andromeda or is this another IP they have in the works.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post

The way I see those times is that it is a long boss fight. I think saving after every fight would run some of the difficulty of those moments. Just as saving during a boss fight after mechanics would ruin most boss fights. It does get frustrating but it just means you got to play cautiously if you don't think you'll survive. That or get more skills or higher weapons. Most things in the game even in higher difficulties become easier with the better weapons and higher skills.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Was that the IP that was canceled and the dev team refocused on Andromeda or is this another IP they have in the works.
    A different one from the canceled one, probably out in the near future since they have apparently been working on it since 2012.

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/01/31/a...ut-our-new-ip/

Quote Originally Posted by A Note About Our New IP
    January 31, 2017 by Aaryn Flynn

Hi everyone,

As we’re working hard to finish Mass Effect: Andromeda, I wanted to take a minute to talk about our new IP. As our CEO Andrew Wilson mentioned, we’re creating a unique IP that will bring players together in exciting new ways.

There’s much more to say in the coming months, but for now, I wanted to offer this additional background.

In 2012, we began crafting a new universe full of new characters, stories, and gameplay. Our ambition is simple: Draw upon 20+ years of development knowledge and lessons to create something fun and new for you to enjoy with your friends.

There’s nothing quite as exciting as building a new IP from scratch, and it will be even more thrilling for us to share more with you in the future.

Thanks,

Aaryn

State of mind after playing multiplayer today:

Hosting a multiplayer game with bad internet connection should be considered a crime against humanity.

I'm really hoping they can fix the multiplayer connection issues with P2P, or transition over to dedicated servers, by the time I get around to picking this up.

Because if not, I'll probably give it a pass entirely. My experience with P2P hosted multiplayer games over the years has been...less than pleasant : /

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    A different one from the canceled one, probably out in the near future since they have apparently been working on it since 2012.

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/01/31/a...ut-our-new-ip/
    Just want to throw in an early bet. Its a game set in the modern or post-apoc era.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The way I see those times is that it is a long boss fight. I think saving after every fight would run some of the difficulty of those moments. Just as saving during a boss fight after mechanics would ruin most boss fights. It does get frustrating but it just means you got to play cautiously if you don't think you'll survive. That or get more skills or higher weapons. Most things in the game even in higher difficulties become easier with the better weapons and higher skills.
    eeeh yeah I know the point, is just that it's like super easy part that is like 20 minute long, followed by a slightly tricky one, I die on the tricky one and I have to re-do the 20 minute easy one. I'm ok not saving, but just.. checkpoints?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'm really hoping they can fix the multiplayer connection issues with P2P, or transition over to dedicated servers, by the time I get around to picking this up.

Because if not, I'll probably give it a pass entirely. My experience with P2P hosted multiplayer games over the years has been...less than pleasant : /
    This is why I create all my own games, but for real they need to fix it
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"