10+ Year Old Account
    when dlcs can be expected to be on sale on steam ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    when dlcs can be expected to be on sale on steam ?
    All of the other Total War games reliably had their DLC on sale for ~75% off during the winter and summer sales within a year or so of their launch (DLC launch).

It is probably a different with Games Workshop/licensing though.

Thus far there has only been one single DLC sale for the game to celebrate the one year anniversary, everything but the Wood Elves was 25% off.

is it true on higher difficulties races (even greenskins) get boost to morale ? i thought difficulty affects only the battle/campaign strategy. if so, what is 'the best' difficulty to play on ?

also i tried playing the empire and it plays sooo different from bretonnia. so much more income than bretonnia, no limit on units (peasant infantry). infantry is actually 'good'
    how is this balanced ? everything should have pros and cons, i see only pros as empire.
    could u point out strenghts and weaknesses of all races ?
    I never felt low on income as bretonia, did you get all the knight vows on your lords? Bretonia is probably the easyest faction, no strong enemies close and you can farm the greenskin event for massive exp, kill the small ork city purge mousillon and you are safe till chaos shows up. With empire you are litterly surrounded by enemies from turn one.

10+ Year Old Account
    do army replenishment buildings work faction wide (every army, anywhere) or only that specific settlement where it was built ? does it add up if its faction wide ?

I dont get it, why are they showing us a perfectly normal rat at the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    how do u even play wood elves in the campaign ? nothing seems to make any sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    I dont get it, why are they showing us a perfectly normal rat at the end.
    Just a rat. Don't let anyone tell you that it means anything. It doesn't.

Skaven don't exist.

Thank Sigmar it's just a normal, everyday, perfectly ordinary red-eyed rat. Nothing to be worried about then!

do army replenishment buildings work faction wide (every army, anywhere) or only that specific settlement where it was built ? does it add up if its faction wide ?
    All buildings are province only unless noted otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

how do u even play wood elves in the campaign ? nothing seems to make any sense
    What are you having problems with?
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    What are you having problems with?
    pretty much everything. almost to none income, with vineyards can sustain only 1 full army.
    amber resource used for tech, buldings and army. if i want more amber i dont get plundering money. just awful concept all together.
    i thought chaos was bad

pretty much everything. almost to none income, with vineyards can sustain only 1 full army.
    amber resource used for tech, buldings and army. if i want more amber i dont get plundering money. just awful concept all together.
    i thought chaos was bad
    Maybe you are awful, ever thought of that?

i thought chaos was bad
    The problem is you mate, you lack basic problem solving and analytical skills.

You don't use amber on units atleast not very much atleast not early, it's used to make dirthu and orion factions play diffrently. You arnt supposed to feild armys of treekin as orion. The entire campaign revolves around proper amber management.

i thought chaos was bad
    Play as the Durthu, his Amber cost for units is much better then Orion
    Prioritize taking coastal regions. Harbors give you a lot more gold then other towns.
    I left the other wood elf faction alone, they are handy at chasing off local beastman threats while your army is out taking cities.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    So control of the vortex let's us perform rituals, and is a soft win condition? Does that mean controlling it spews out friendly stacks of deamons if you are skavin/dark elf? Massively boosts magic as lizardmen/Highelf?

10+ Year Old Account
    i thought chaos was bad
    Maybe you're bad?

Deleted
    Chaos is the easiest faction to play as imo. All you need is 1 mega army front loaded with Chosen and you can wipe the floor with nearly anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    do armor piercing units deal less dmg to unarmored ? is it actually counterproductive or do they do full dmg ?

does wood elf glaive infantry actually have anti-large defense ? it says they are effective against them, but not defense

both questions come from one video where it was implied it can be like that

The Armour Piercing portion of damage is always applied, while the remaining non-AP damage is reduced by armor. So a unit with AP is just as effective against unarmoured enemies.

Anti-Large means they deal additional damage to large units. Charge Defense (and Charge Defense vs Large) negates the charge bonuses of the charging unit.

(The above is correct to the best of my knowledge)
    Last edited by Cyclone Jack; 2017-04-25 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    The Armour Piercing portion of damage is always applied, while the remaining non-AP damage is reduced by armor. So a unit with AP is just as effective against unarmoured enemies.

Anti-Large means they deal additional damage to large units. Charge Defense (and Charge Defense vs Large) negates the charge bonuses of the charging unit.

(The above is correct to the best of my knowledge)
    One little detail, when you have 2 versions of the same infantry unit (one with shields, second with great weapons) the version with great weapons does less overall damage, but bigger percentage of that is made out of armor-piercing damage, so in the end, they do more damage to armored units.