Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Koward View Post
    What what what ? I think you misunderstood me. I mean unbeaten content. There was no such thing in Cataclysm (actually that was THE worst expansion about this specific problem IMO), I actually saw everything (I'm not including a difficulty setting as content) the game had to offer back then and I'm certainly no hardcore. So there was no "unseen" left to discover that I could forever try to reach. I think that results in boredom for a lot of players.

To me the solution is so simple it sounds stupid (but I actually think it would work) : a part of the content should be insanely hard so that a huge part of the population would NEVER see it. They would just keep dreaming about it and play to get better and see new places. I know it sounds weird like that, but really I think that would have its effect.
    Ah, then I indeed misunderstood, and we completely agree. This was actually how Burning Crusade was built - a gigantic questline ending up at Illidan, which was superb if you were part of it, and probably a bit annoying, but something to yearn for, if you could not reach it.

I believe in something to yearn for, its good to have. But Blizzard decided otherwise and made raiding in Wrath much more accessible. Except heroic Lich King then, but that was another story .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I pay for it.

I can give them however much shit I want, plus, you're not my dad.

Sooo... nope. I do what I want.
    That's not really how it works. And nice dad comeback there.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    They should make a better game.
    You should move onto better games if they are out there. If they aren't out there then then just maybe Blizzard is actually doing a good job.... Think about it.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    That's not really how it works. And nice dad comeback there.
    You mean a customer isn't allowed to give feedback about the product he's purchased?
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

10+ Year Old Account
    It actually is how it works. I know it's not my property, but because I'm paying for access to their servers and content, it is within my rights to offer good or bad feedback.

I didn't say they had to listen. But some random guy isn't going to tell me stop giving Blizzard "shit" for things I don't agree with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    You mean a customer isn't allowed to give feedback about the product he's purchased?
    Feedback is one thing, being a jerk is another completely different, do not equate them. Not only that, technically you can provide feedback even when you are not subscribed, it`s within your rights too.

I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, but freedom does. 'Murica.
    Yeah, nice.

Feedback is one thing, being a jerk is another completely different, do not equate them. Not only that, technically you can provide feedback even when you are not subscribed, it`s within your rights too.

I give bad feedback all the time, I just dont rage or give them shit. Paying for content does not gives you the license to be an asshole.
    If we were talking about any other company you would have a valid point. However, Blizzard has been known to ignore even the most helpful and civil of constructive criticism so at this point, they deserve every bit of hate that gets thrown their way.

Deleted
    If you put shit on the table expect for the people you expect to eat it to go up in arms.

If you make a product for customers the customers have every right to an opinion and to voice it doesn't mean you have to listen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    You should move onto better games if they are out there. If they aren't out there then then just maybe Blizzard is actually doing a good job.... Think about it.
    FIFA is a shit game, so too is Pro Evo...No other game exists so im forced to play a shit football game because i wanna play a football game... Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Paulosio View Post
    Of course they are but they used to do an even better job.
    They are getting arrogant and sloppy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    If we were talking about any other company you would have a valid point. However, Blizzard has been known to ignore even the most helpful and civil of constructive criticism so at this point, they deserve every bit of hate that gets thrown their way.
    No, they don't. Being hostile and giving them shit is a sure way to be ignored.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

If they give you shit, it's only fair if you're able to return it.

We get ignored regardless. From the massive well-organized posts to the one-liner shitposts. So what's the point?
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

As I already said, they ignore players regardless. I realize it's impossible for someone like you to understand that Blizzard isn't a perfect (or even a good) company but your ignorance doesn't change reality.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    As I already said, they ignore players regardless. I realize it's impossible for someone like you to understand that Blizzard isn't a perfect (or even a good) company but your ignorance doesn't change reality.
    Yeah sure. I know blizzard is not perfect, and I`m actually pretty pissed with them because of the time gating 7.2 is going through. But sure, paint me as blizz fanboy for not throwing a tantrum over it.

Your rage boner against blizz is showing, and its not going to give you anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Bojangles View Post
    If they give you shit, it's only fair if you're able to return it.

We get ignored regardless. From the massive well-organized posts to the one-liner shitposts. So what's the point?
    My point is that if you give ppl shit, you will be ignored. And they dont ignore the long posts thought out posts, or at least they are less likely to be ignored (although I will say that is even if you dont get a blue to respond to you, it does not mean you are being ignored.) Just look at the brewmaster monk situation, they are being pretty open with their thoughts.

Yeah sure. I know blizzard is not perfect, and I`m actually pretty pissed with them because of the time gating 7.2 is going through. But sure, paint me as blizz fanboy for not throwing a tantrum over it.

Your rage boner against blizz is showing, and its not going to give anything.
    You should know by now that the concept of pragmatism is as good as dead in this community. You either hate Blizzard because "DAE BLIZZ SUX DIX RITE BOIZ" or you're a Blizzard white knight who will defend the company's honor with your dying breath.

@cocacolawheresthesoda: Your thread is completely wrong because you forgot the fact the players should not be the ones finding the solutions, players are good at spotting problems, the best ones at it btw, but horrible at finding solutions.
    That is like part of the game dev's bible.

They're to be held accountable. They won't ever accept blame as they are god-like.
    It's easier to vent frustrations because they won't ever fucking listen.

CREAM, blizz get the money, dolla dolla bill.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

If I would ever tell my customer "Hey stop it with your mindless criticism. If you can't offer me a solution - shut up and stop giving me shit", I'd be fired in a minute.
    If my company excercised this kind of strategy we would've been out of business.

Your rage boner against blizz is showing, and its not going to give you anything.
    Is this supposed to be an insult or dismiss my statement? Because it accomplishes neither and makes you look ridiculous for using such a childish term. By the way, being ignorant isn't going to give you anything either.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    You clearly have NEVER worked in customer service before, getting shit on by a customer is part of the job. They ask for our feed back so we give it. Only person here being a jack ass is you for for failing to realize that just because its negative doesn't mean its unfounded or not true. Opinions are like assholes and everyone has one, those who get butt hurt over someone's opinion is going to have a sore ass their whole life which applies to you for such a rude reply.
    I've worked in Customer Service and did so for quite a long time, from a basic Customer Service representative all the way up to a CS Manager at a large multi-national corporation to something as simple as a Game Advisor at Gamestop -- while I can agree that knowing how to deal with an irate client is absolutely part of the job and that you'll need to be able to take some shit while keeping your cool, I disagree that it's "part of the job" to take any amount of shit a customer dishes out just because they're a customer. If a customer is upset I absolutely want to help them and end the call/meeting/whatever with them being satisfied and their issue being resolved, but that doesn't mean I or any other CS representative is willing to take any level of abuse regardless of the circumstance.

If a customer is irate, I will keep my cool and do my best to assist them. If a customer becomes flat out abusive and vulgar, ESPECIALLY if it is specifically directed at me (or a subordinate you oversee) then things can change a bit. While no matter WHAT the situation is a good CS rep should always keep their cool and should never "blow up" at a client regardless of how abusive they are, there is a limit to what I will take - if it goes to far, while I may still keep my cool I will not remain committed to their problem. I will absolutely disconnect a call or ask a customer to leave if they become incredibly abusive. Whether I ask them to cool off and try again later or tell them they are no longer welcome depends on the context of the encounter.

People that think they can shit all over a CS rep just because "I'm a customer and it's your job to make me happy" are a little delusional. There is a level of common decency that should be applied to social situations, whether you're talking to a CS representative, your barista, or some dude you just met on a park bench. If you take it upon yourself to be a huge dick and are flat-out abusive to the person who's trying to help you, they are absolutely justified in ending the encounter.

If a CS rep DOES "blow up" on a customer, however, they'd probably be in trouble if they'd worked for me at the time I was a CS manager. Even if the customer was entirely, overly abusive, the representative should have ended the call/meeting/whatever or escalated it to a supervisor before getting to that point. It helps if you work somewhere where things are recorded or filmed, too, so if you do end up needing to end a situation with a customer and they then try to contact one of your superiors to act like they were being completely reasonable and you hung up on them (or whatever else) for no reason, you're protected.

tl;dr version: A good CS rep will stay cool under pressure, but you should not expect them to take just any level of abuse you decide to dish out and still help you with your problem. I would not expect a Blizzard GM to continue dealing with a player that is harassing/berating them any more than I'd expect a CS rep somewhere else.