Looks like a much stronger execute phase. Like that even matters nowadays? Void cleave is still a joke.

p.s.: just make Avatar baseline already, is it that fucking hard...
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2017-04-19 at 12:24 AM.

Just change Shattered Defenses. It's the one thing that just cries for FR.

I don't see any nerf. Increased cost of FR is not a nerf because now MS has a permanant FR stack(30% increased damage in total) . This is also a huge buff to Mortal Combo talent and they also buffed other talent in that row without reducing FR build damage in total. This is exactly what people were asking for: make non-FR builds viable.

10 second(potentialy 18) CD reduction on CS will serve as bad luck protection which also was asked for a lot.

Surprised they didin't increase the damage of Overpower. It is a proc so when it does proc you would expect to see a good number. Like stone heart proc(exe ring). But no, when you use overpower on a target with CS debuff and even when it crits it is still not a good damage.

I like the change to Anger management because of synergy it will have with t20 set bonusses. but this will probably make Ravager pointless.

I don't realy know what they are afraid of when buffing Cleave and realated trait. It has CD, it costs rage and it is a frontal cleave(not aoe). I don't think anybody would complain if the buff to Void Cleave was 1000%.

Btw Whirlwind recieved 4 buffs which 3 of them being damage increse resulting 110% increased damage in total.

Bad for sorry english(;d)

easier to read the official patch notes

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    • Arms
      • All abilities damage increased by 10%, in addition to any damage changes below.
      • The effect of Mastery has been reduced by 20%.
      • Anger Management now spends 20 Rage per 1 second of cooldown reduction (was 10 Rage per 1 second), and now also reduces the cooldown of Bladestorm.
      • Cleave damage increased by 20%.
      • Colossus Smash cooldown reduced to 20 seconds (was 30 seconds), and damage increased by 10%.
      • Dauntless cost reduction is now 10% (was 20%).
      • Execute damage increased by 25%.
      • Fervor of Battle damage bonus increased to 80% (was 45%).
      • Focused Rage now costs 20 Rage (was 15 Rage).
      • In For The Kill now refunds 40 Rage (was 30 Rage).
      • Mortal Strike damage increased by 20%.
      • Overpower no longer costs Rage, no longer procs from auto-attacks, and may not proc itself.
      • Precise Strikes (Artifact trait) reduced to 10% cost reduction per rank (was 15%).
      • Rend cost increased to 20 Rage (was 10 Rage).
      • Rend’s first hit now deals 280% weapon damage.
      • Slam damage increased by 35%.
      • Titanic Might now increases the duration of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds (was 16 seconds), and now also reduces the cooldown of Colossus Smash by 8 seconds.
      • Void Cleave (Artifact trait) damage increased by 100%.
      • Whirlwind damage increased by 20%.
      • Will of the First King (Artifact trait) increased to 2 Rage per critical strike (was 1 Rage).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post

Btw Whirlwind recieved 4 buffs which 3 of them being damage increse resulting 110% increased damage in total.
    Does that mean that WW is back being the standart filler with Favor?

Well, at least they're trying.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

Looks good, very nice changes and I love the philosophy behind them overall. Hard to talk about numbers with so many changes at once, more to come + t20 + tomb trinkets, etc...

Itemization should be a LOT more interesting now, instead of mastery >>> all by a mile. Our damage outside of CS is going to be a lot better and hits in general a lot harder, BUT rage gen might be an issue.

My one worry is about getting rage starved w/o legendary gloves because of the overall rage increases, dauntless nerf, and the AM change (which is the biggest by far -- when we'd get low on rage, this was our refill). However, this is mostly an FR/previous setup concern. Gotta get on and play, but if FR is no longer the best talent, rage will feel fine. If the FR setup still remains the best even by 1%, rage is going to feel pretty bad.
    Last edited by Anbokr; 2017-04-19 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Does that mean that WW is back being the standart filler with Favor?
    Doublefull. Whirlwind with Favor may be better than slam but it is not better than Avatar in raids especialy with DoS.

There is a case where WW can be a single target nuke. the damage buff of Favor is multiplied by the buff from Cleave(it is not additive). So in fights where there are constanly adds around boss Favor may do more DPS than Avatar. But problem is when there are adds around boss you usualy want to get rid of them instead of using them to increase your damage done to boss. So still Slam filler of raids and WW with Favor filler of dungeons is my guess.
    But they both will be better filler than they are now.
    Last edited by LazyCoding; 2017-04-19 at 03:09 AM.

Deleted
    I find it funny that Enhancement gets Boulderfist baseline because it made the spec fun and engaging. Yet they absolutely refuse to make FR baseline and spice up that tier. The other two talents are pretty garbage in comparison.

So... why not just do Overpower since it's free. Mortal Combo, Titanic, Anger Management and get bladestorm + 6 MS with tier. Tier also resets bladestorm so basically arms is beyblade.

Quote Originally Posted by LazyCoding View Post
    I don't see any nerf. Increased cost of FR is not a nerf because now MS has a permanant FR stack(30% increased damage in total) . This is also a huge buff to Mortal Combo talent and they also buffed other talent in that row without reducing FR build damage in total. This is exactly what people were asking for: make non-FR builds viable.

10 second(potentialy 18) CD reduction on CS will serve as bad luck protection which also was asked for a lot.

Surprised they didin't increase the damage of Overpower. It is a proc so when it does proc you would expect to see a good number. Like stone heart proc(exe ring). But no, when you use overpower on a target with CS debuff and even when it crits it is still not a good damage.

I like the change to Anger management because of synergy it will have with t20 set bonusses. but this will probably make Ravager pointless.

I don't realy know what they are afraid of when buffing Cleave and realated trait. It has CD, it costs rage and it is a frontal cleave(not aoe). I don't think anybody would complain if the buff to Void Cleave was 1000%.

Bad for sorry english(;d)
    Did I miss something? Where is the Huge Mortal Combo buff?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    I find it funny that Enhancement gets Boulderfist baseline because it made the spec fun and engaging. Yet they absolutely refuse to make FR baseline and spice up that tier. The other two talents are pretty garbage in comparison.
    A large amount of warriors hate FR and want to see it gone forever. So I doubt they would do that since it would piss off a large portion of the warrior players base.

why the hate for fr? its the only out of rotation rage dump we have, otherwise we would be full rage bar 24 /7 outof execute phase.

With the changes, arms gloves get a LOT of value back i assume.

Looks like snail paced arms is back. I guess blizzard only wants arms warriors to press one button every GCD, and maybe even fewer with the rage changes. They really should just make FR baseline and make an interesting talent choice instead. It also looks like that they have a hardon for warriors spamming whirlwind every GCD just like pre 6.2 WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    Did I miss something? Where is the Huge Mortal Combo buff?
    I mean the buff to baseline MS. With mortal combo the efectiveness of that buff is doubled. It is not a buff over FR since it buffs both talents but FR got nerfed a little so this talent will be competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Eskwyre View Post
    FR does not make arms fun. Its been met with a lot of negativity. Unlike Boulderfist.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    FR does not make arms fun. Its been met with a lot of negativity. Unlike Boulderfist.
    FR is the only thing differentiating arms from the rest. Without it arms is going to be the most bland boring spec in the game. FR is fun

Holy shit it only took them 8 months to realize how absolutely dipshit retarded the cooldown on colossus smash was.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I played a bunch on the test server as Arms. I felt very rage starved as FR (no gloves) and 23% haste. I really felt the dauntless nerf and increased FR cost. Mortal Combo feels a lot better now. They are heading in the right direction but not quite there yet. IMO, Make Overpower and Avatar baseline again. Give us a way to generate a little more rage as FR.

7+ Year Old Account
    so overpower was nerfed or was a buff? cuse i love this talent

All I gotta say is I hope after all the number crunching that FR does not remain on top. This is not because I dislike FR, but just reading the changes -- the FR build as it exists now has lost a significant amount of rage. And on live it was already feast (in BC) or famine (outside) and I can't imagine exacerbating that (which they did).

These rage changes feel like they were made with non-FR builds in mind (FR always felt rage-starved or balanced, non-FR felt rage-flooded) which is why I hope they really come out on top. Cause if FR is still king by even 1%, Arms is going to feel clunky as hell -- even if the numbers are better over live.