Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Question About the challenge set tiers from Mist of Pandaria

So they decided to let us buy a token for 10.000 gold and get all the weapons skins in the whole account... i dont know if it has been asked already, why hasnt blizzard done the same for the old challenge sets ? i would deffo pay 1 million gold to get the sets on my other toons like they did for the weapons if it was possible O_O!
    Has it been discussed around on any forum for blizzard about the idea?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'd love more gold sinks for old transmogs.

Legion is keeping us out in the Legion world with the whole endless AP/dungeon/world quest system, so having more gold sinks for old expansions would help. Maybe people would actually buy some wow tokens again and drive the price down.

1 mount for 2 million aint enough, rather have 50 sets of transmog tokens for a certain era for 10k each.

Maybe old ZG era gear or something that's not available anymore too.

Something something you haven't earned the sets on that class, only on the class you did it with.

I personally disagree with that, but that's the common explanation people have here. What Blizzard thinks of it? I dunno.

Deleted
    ye it would had been awesome, i mean like, they did let us getting all the weapons skins for all the other toons or for the whole main account, so why not let the sets do the same? kinda sucks when u re roll to another class and u wish to have got that set instead XD

Quote Originally Posted by Trifflex View Post
    So they decided to let us buy a token for 10.000 gold and get all the weapons skins in the whole account... i dont know if it has been asked already, why hasnt blizzard done the same for the old challenge sets ? i would deffo pay 1 million gold to get the sets on my other toons like they did for the weapons if it was possible O_O!
    Has it been discussed around on any forum for blizzard about the idea?
    Wait what? There's a token for 10k that unlocks all the weapon skins (presuming you mean WoD Challenge Mode ones) for the whole account? If so where do you get it? I got them on my pally but I'd like to unlock the others on other toons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Wait what? There's a token for 10k that unlocks all the weapon skins (presuming you mean WoD Challenge Mode ones) for the whole account? If so where do you get it? I got them on my pally but I'd like to unlock the others on other toons.
    Same vendor that sells the weapons.

OT: As much as I want the other sets having only done it on my paladin, I respect the idea that part of the challenge was playing the class to earn its unique set while the challenge was available. It's certainly not fair to people who spent countless hours working to get them on multiple classes under the influence of devs who stated that it would be the only way to earn those sets.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-04-19 at 03:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is this token u speak of?

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    Same vendor that sells the weapons.
    Oh awesome, thanks!

OT: I'd support the same feature for MoP sets. I have the pally one and really liked priest/rogue but never did them on those toons.
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2017-04-19 at 03:40 AM.

I thought the fact you get all the WoD weapons on all characters across your account but only class specific sets was bullshit personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    so can u only buy the token if u did challenge modes in wod?

Quote Originally Posted by gutnbrg View Post
    so can u only buy the token if u did challenge modes in wod?
    yea /10char

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    yea /10char
    Thats kinda shitty

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Something something you haven't earned the sets on that class, only on the class you did it with.

I personally disagree with that, but that's the common explanation people have here. What Blizzard thinks of it? I dunno.
    but you didnt earn the axes on your warrior if you did it on a warlock
    thats the issue, people want their class intact but dont give a shit about weapons
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    thats the issue, people want their class intact but dont give a shit about weapons
    Hey, I said I personally disagree with it!

Well shit I didn't know about the token. Damn I bought the pieces individually. @_@
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the reason for CM Weapons being Account Wide was due to the Transmog System. Pretty much a Warrior would unlock absolutely everything because it could equip all weapons, yet a Mage would only unlock ones exclusive to that. Pretty much in fairness I think.

As for the MoP sets, best way to describe them is similar to PVP Elite Sets. They were there for that Season, if you didn't earn the Medals/Rating you don't get the set. As someone who did it on all classes, I'm happy they were locked. It's a thing from that era and you can't say there wasn't a fair warning or options to buy boosts in trade chat for gold. Based on the outcry regarding Blizzard considering bringing back old Elite PVP sets I seriously don't want or expect it to happen.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Hey, I said I personally disagree with it!
    i know i was agreeing saying how that argument people use is bad
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Dristereau View Post
    As for the MoP sets, best way to describe them is similar to PVP Elite Sets. They were there for that Season, if you didn't earn the Medals/Rating you don't get the set. As someone who did it on all classes, I'm happy they were locked. It's a thing from that era and you can't say there wasn't a fair warning or options to buy boosts in trade chat for gold. Based on the outcry regarding Blizzard considering bringing back old Elite PVP sets I seriously don't want or expect it to happen.
    Didn't they say that they were adding a way to get old Elite set transmogs at some point? I feel like that was mentioned when they initially introduced the Sets tab in the Collections window.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafiaxo View Post
    I think they'll eventually let those with the achievement receive the other challenge mode sets aswell. Since you technically earned it, just not on that class(Just like the weapons)
    Except expecting you to do the challenge mode golds on ELEVEN characters is beyond ludicrous. There really isn't any good reason.

In the same way I'm hoping they don't time-lock artifact appearances because I don't see me even leveling every class to 110 before Legion is over, on top of doing the EN/NH questlines, the 36 challenge appearances, the 36 unique hidden appearances (some of which require EXALTED with reputations); there's just so fucking much expected, and if it's all time-locked to legion, that is beyond mental.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    OT: I'd support the same feature for MoP sets. I have the pally one and really liked priest/rogue but never did them on those toons.
    Yeah, I mained mage and got gold CMs for both MoP and WoD on him, but since Legion started, I swapped to Druid, and would reeeeeally love that mog (also for my Paladin alt, I'd kill to have that Skarmory gear.

I think the reasoning is that weapons are a bit more unfair. If you got gold CMs on a Warrior, you could unlock literally every weapon (since they can equip every weapon but wands, and, of course, there's no horrible wand mog because wands suck ass), while me getting them on my Mage could only unlock the sword, 2 daggers, and 3 staves. Not quite as fair as only unlocking 1 class set.

That said, it's still a bullshit reason to leave MoP CMs locked if you did them. I can buy the other legendary cloaks and rings from MoP/WoD, even if my class cannot use them, so why the fuck can't I buy the other MoP CMs?
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2017-04-19 at 05:30 AM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maldehv View Post
    Didn't they say that they were adding a way to get old Elite set transmogs at some point? I feel like that was mentioned when they initially introduced the Sets tab in the Collections window.
    They mentioned the potential of it, and the forums exploded with outrage and they backed away from the idea. Holinka twitter post here regarding it, looks like the forum post was deleted (https://twitter.com/holinka/status/823991288080932864).

Also it was quite easily possible to do Challenge Mode Golds on all classes. Whilst the first two or three runs took a bit of time, it quickly became very smooth and most runs were one shots. I myself ended up doing it on all 11 Classes, plus and Alt DK and Horde Warlock.
    Last edited by Dristereau; 2017-04-19 at 03:06 PM.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )