Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    here we go "selling WGoA, 1M"

Wait, so if I already have the warglaive of azzinoth achieve then do this on any character, will my DH have access to the mog? Or does a DH have to do all of it including getting the drops? Be nice if I can just do it on my main (and I already have the glaives on my rogue, would hate to farm it again).

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyre View Post
    here we go "selling WGoA, 1M"
    ....have you even read how you get them or are you just having a sook because you assumed something that is actually wrong.

Kinda shitty way to implement it tho.
    Not everyone has had the luck to get them glaives let alone the set!

Imma cry in a corner for a while ;(
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/4...4841599821.jpg the boy that will forever be named the HHD wiper. R.I.P

Quote Originally Posted by Thalael View Post
    The original items would just go to waste.
    You mean like legendary items have been going to waste ever since transmogrification was implemented? If Demon Hunters are going to be the only class to be able to xmog legendary weapons, despite it being a requested feature from day one of xmog, complaining that you have to do what everyone else has done and actually obtain said legendary weapons is asinine.

Deleted
    Never made such a claim. My point was that since they are making an exception on the rule with the warglaives, it would be a pity that the glaives go to waste on my monk if it turns out the achievement has to be obtained on the Demon Hunter instead of the account. It would just be nice were they to elaborate on the matter sooner rather than later. I'll just begin farming them on my DH just in case.

Well, thank goodness I managed to read that news before going to bed, at least that way I got to do a quick run before the ID reset :P

Looks like you will be able to get Warglaives set as normal Warglaives weapon type from timewalking. Dont need 2 pieces. Also a question - is it just for me or the achievement for these is no longer on the list in game?

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheMizAwesome View Post
    Looks like you will be able to get Warglaives set as normal Warglaives weapon type from timewalking. Dont need 2 pieces. Also a question - is it just for me or the achievement for these is no longer on the list in game?
    Feats of Strength>Raids

I have 2 pairs of Glaives already, time to farm up a third on my DH just in case...

This argument that it is "logical" for warriors and rogues to get it too is just non sense. Of course its logical to you because it favors your wants. However, not everything in WoW is always fair. Warlocks got the green fire quest in MoP. People cried then too but Blizzard didn't bat an eye. Rogues got their own special snowflake legendary in Cata, and while you can't transmog the uglier final version, the other two stages are still available for transmog. I know it may be a hard pill to swallow, but just because something was done in the past doesn't mean it will carry through to the future. We're talking about the second expansion of WoW, TBC, when the game had just taken off. DH wasn't playable for almost a decade, and now that they are, Blizzard is most likely adjusting their philosophy on this.

Ultimately, these people who want to kick and scream about what's fair and what's not are just going to continue thinking they can bully Blizzard into giving in. People need to accept the reality that in this game, everyone does not get the same things.

For all the people upset (and most likely on the brink of unsubbing over this...) I have to ask, if Blizzard opened up transmog for all legendaries, would this satisfy you or do you still NEED the warglaives?

Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    n the inside cover of the original WoW box you can clearly see one.)
    got a handy pic of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    kids these days have no idea what hell we went trough back then for legendaries like warglaive
    what.. kill the boss and hope it drops? very difficult

Quote Originally Posted by wrathblade View Post
    Kinda shitty way to implement it tho.
    Not everyone has had the luck to get them glaives let alone the set!

Imma cry in a corner for a while ;(
    luck? did you even farm?

- - - Updated - - -

from what i've read the warglaives have the same chance as is regular BT to drop, and if you have the warglaives of azzinoth achievement already when you kill illidan you finish the achievement "i'll hold these for you till you get out" and that unlocks the arsenal for you

10+ Year Old Account
    The achievement is a legacy wide feat of strength. I would assume that having a set on one character, would allow you do get the drop on a DH. I have the set on my warrior and DH, but I can still link the achieve from any character showing the date on it. I'm one of the fortunate, got a set on my DH in only 3 runs so I'm covered either way. That being said, I don't blame people for wanting to get them on their DH just to have their bases covered.

Also, how quickly people forget that rogues have a Thunderfury appearance.

So we have to have the Glaives on one of our toons, and then it's a guaranteed drop?

As for the original Glaives achievement, you need both on one toon right? If my Warrior has the offhand and I get the Mainhand on another toon it doesn't count, right? I have the offhand on my warrior, and my Warlock has the mainhand, thunderfury, etc. I really hope I can get the mainhand to drop on my Warrior before this Timewalking event begins.

I said it before, though, it's odd to require a legacy weapon set that our class did not exist for. It seems a little weird. I'm glad it's not a 100% guaranteed drop for all Demon Hunters by default, but I think I'd prefer it just having a small drop chance. That would actually be BETTER - one small drop chance on the current content that gives the full set compared to needing TWO drops with small chances would be easier, and wouldn't require Demon Hunters to have an item set on their account that is from years and years before they existed as a class.

Did they even update the original BC Warglaives so that Demon Hunters can equip them? Last time I checked, the class restriction was never updated; if I'm going to farm for them I'd really like to be able to do so on my DH, but it's pointless if I can't equip. Edit: They have been updated, Demon Hunters can equip the original! ^_^

Edit:
    The achievement originally required the character that obtained the Warglaives be able to actually equip them, meaning if you obtained both Glaives on a Warlock, you would not get the achievement. Is this still the case? If it is, this sucks; although the original Glaives have been updated and Demon Hunters can equip them (thank god), if you have a class that can't equip them you effectively cannot use it for another attempt each week. Unless, of course, this requirement has been changed. Does anybody know if that's the case?
    Last edited by Extremity; 2017-04-19 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Extremity View Post
    So we have to have the Glaives on one of our toons, and then it's a guaranteed drop?

As for the original Glaives achievement, you need both on one toon right? If my Warrior has the offhand and I get the Mainhand on another toon it doesn't count, right? I have the offhand on my warrior, and my Warlock has the mainhand, thunderfury, etc. I really hope I can get the mainhand to drop on my Warrior before this Timewalking event begins.

I said it before, though, it's odd to require a legacy weapon set that our class did not exist for. It seems a little weird. I'm glad it's not a 100% guaranteed drop for all Demon Hunters by default, but I think I'd prefer it just having a small drop chance. That would actually be BETTER - one small drop chance on the current content that gives the full set compared to needing TWO drops with small chances would be easier, and wouldn't require Demon Hunters to have an item set on their account that is from years and years before they existed as a class.

Did they even update the original BC Warglaives so that Demon Hunters can equip them? Last time I checked, the class restriction was never updated; if I'm going to farm for them I'd really like to be able to do so on my DH, but it's pointless if I can't equip. Edit: They have been updated, Demon Hunters can equip the original! ^_^

Edit:
    The achievement originally required the character that obtained the Warglaives be able to actually equip them, meaning if you obtained both Glaives on a Warlock, you would not get the achievement. Is this still the case? If it is, this sucks; although the original Glaives have been updated and Demon Hunters can equip them (thank god), if you have a class that can't equip them you effectively cannot use it for another attempt each week. Unless, of course, this requirement has been changed. Does anybody know if that's the case?
    The wargblaives of azzinoth achievement is a feat of strength available to those who loot BOTH warglaives on a single character who CAN equip them, this is still the case and i dont see them changing it, it is a feat of strength not a meta achievement. the warglaives were always meant to be rare, and they will drop from timwalking BT but at the same drop chance as the originals. also why would they change the achievement just to suit people who werent even trying to farm them?

What a stupid requirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    It absolutely will not be guaranteed.
    Actually it is, kinda. You have to have both warglaives from BT already and beat Illidan in time walking. Yay for me and other who already have both. For everyone else it will be a bit of farming.

so its guaranteed for people who already have the glaives, seems fine to me

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    Of course its logical to you because it favors your wants.
    Literally the exact reason every DH who knows about this is now gloating about how much their beloved class "deserves" it. Give me a break.