Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    You claim flight is fun. You claim the grind is horrible and should not even exist. Then you grind it out, get flight, and STILL aren't having any fun.

Sounds to me like there is NO pleasing you.
    Flying in current content, when it's still new and relevant, is fun.

Getting to fly only after you've already cleared the existing content as nausem, with nothing of consequence to use it on besides daily tasks, is hardly even significant.

Why is it hard to understand that I want flight to be part of the experience instead of a shitty afterthought?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Here is the major problem with flying, and what you pro-flying people don't understand.

Flying in TBC and Wrath was actually USED for something. It was another level to the game, it added a third dimension to zones that previously were left locked behind a ground mount.

Flying since Cata, and especially in legion is nothing more that going from one bit of ground to another bit of ground slightly faster.

But, again, that's a problem with the current bitch-fest community. Everything needs to be handed to everybody. Whine till you get it. Let me paint a picture with my imagination brush.

Imagine a moment that in legion, there are spaceships everywhere. And with flying, you and others can actually fly up to the space ships and take them down as WQs. That is using flying for fun, because it serves a purpose. But we can't have that because god forbid anything in the game isn't fair to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Flying was not a max level reward, it was something you actually had to earn through gold. And a lot of people had to work to get it. And in older games flying unlocked new content, it didn't just make getting places faster.

But the community would -never- go for that. What if I told you "Oh, half the new world quests are too high to get to, you need flying?" You people would all bitch, but guess what? If you wanted to farm apexis shards in TBC, your bitch-ass needed flying. And if you were poor, you got to fly at 60% speed.
    This is exactly the kind of thing I've been asking for. Flight should add to the experience. But all the haters just look at the ground only design and bitch about how flying would ruin it instead of thinking about how flight could be an asset and open up new experiences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Unlocked Legion flying today and not only has it made WQs less tedious but I have also found WoW 10x more funner! I was on the verge of unsubbing till 7.3 but now I have flying I can truly enjoy the artistic beauty of the zones and explore! Not to mention I can now RP in new places, help friends easier and level alts with less tedium. Who else feels the same
    For me, it is more a luxury thing. Now I can conveniently skip the trash and steal loot etc. Though, I do like that it permits me a bigger view on some zones but in the end, just a luxury of life feature, nothing more. Didn't increase my 'fun' as I was already finding it fun to traverse some zones, or find ways to do so. (FYI, fan of the Rogue hook).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

it is really nice not having my ground mount get stuck on every stupid little rock or root on the ground, not getting attacked by every random pos mob in the game or having my camera clip against every tree ever made. also @Apanonar every zone SHOULD be flat like tanaris, at least your camera wouldn't clip into every fucking tree in the universe. OR they could..you know, design the game with flying in mind like TBC or icecrown and storm peaks.
    Last edited by globenstine; 2017-04-19 at 06:57 AM.

But tell me more about how the post-Wrath team didn't understand. They gave us Cata which unlocked flight all over Azeroth and allowed flight from the BEGINNING of the expac.
    which was f... amazing - i still consider cata the best leveling experience (because it ended so quickly )

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    which was f... amazing - i still consider cata the best leveling experience (because it ended so quickly )
    People like to say cata was a bad expansion when talking about flying. Except that it wasn't the flying most people hated, but the crappy weird raiding. Flight haters like to glaze over that, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    People like to say cata was a bad expansion when talking about flying. Except that it wasn't the flying most people hated, but the crappy weird raiding. Flight haters like to glaze over that, though.
    Well, the super linear questing with a lot of silly writing was also kinda dumb.

Deleted
    Here is the major problem with flying, and what you pro-flying people don't understand.

Flying in TBC and Wrath was actually USED for something. It was another level to the game, it added a third dimension to zones that previously were left locked behind a ground mount.

Flying since Cata, and especially in legion is nothing more that going from one bit of ground to another bit of ground slightly faster.

But, again, that's a problem with the current bitch-fest community. Everything needs to be handed to everybody. Whine till you get it. Let me paint a picture with my imagination brush.

Imagine a moment that in legion, there are spaceships everywhere. And with flying, you and others can actually fly up to the space ships and take them down as WQs. That is using flying for fun, because it serves a purpose. But we can't have that because god forbid anything in the game isn't fair to everyone.

- - - Updated - - -

Flying was not a max level reward, it was something you actually had to earn through gold. And a lot of people had to work to get it. And in older games flying unlocked new content, it didn't just make getting places faster.

But the community would -never- go for that. What if I told you "Oh, half the new world quests are too high to get to, you need flying?" You people would all bitch, but guess what? If you wanted to farm apexis shards in TBC, your bitch-ass needed flying. And if you were poor, you got to fly at 60% speed.

Daem! Are you god?

- - - Updated - - -

And pro flight ppl like the use the argument (well wotlk hade most subs and flying, so therefore flying made wow great)

10+ Year Old Account
    Next expansion, they should consider making GROUND MOUNTS something to unlock at max level. I mean, when is the last time you had to run from Stormheim to Dalaran - and so missed all the great immersion?

Quote Originally Posted by krigsmaskin View Post

And pro flight ppl like the use the argument (well wotlk hade most subs and flying, so therefore flying made wow great)
    Actually that's not how the argument works. Pro flight people use WotLK as an example to prove that flying doesn't absolutely wreck, destroy, or trivialize content the way Blizzard and flight haters claim it does.

There's a significant difference between the two, which I hope you can see.

First day with flying for me...yesterday I had much fun too...Gonna do nether portal farming, and questing today...WQ got done so fast!
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

7+ Year Old Account
    Flying in current content, when it's still new and relevant, is fun.

Getting to fly only after you've already cleared the existing content as nausem, with nothing of consequence to use it on besides daily tasks, is hardly even significant.

Why is it hard to understand that I want flight to be part of the experience instead of a shitty afterthought?
    Flight came at the END of TBC
    Flight came at the END of Wrath
    Flight came at the END of MoP
    Flight came almost at the END of WoD

News flash: Flight has ALWAYS BEEN an afterthought.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Don't get me wrong... flying right outta the gate, playing a Worgen Druid, and picking which zone I wanted to start in... amazing That said, I think flying in the zones from the start ruined the overall wow experience. Had it been a reward at 85 (all of flight on Azeroth), I think it would have made for a much better expansion. Sadly, flight right out of the gate only flooded us with entitled folks who, when they didn't get it immediately, or at level cap, raised a ruckus and unsubbed all the while stomping feet like petulant children.

Flight came at the END of TBC
    Flight came at the END of MoP
    Flight came almost at the END of WoD

News flash: Flight has ALWAYS BEEN an afterthought.
    No idea what game you played but it surely wasn't wow, flying did not come at the end of any of those expansions besides WoD. You even needed flying to complete the storm peaks in Wrath, or get to certain areas in TBC.. Flying was always available early on, usually right after reaching (close to) the level cap.

Ever since the introduction of flight untill WoD release, flying has always been a part of the release content of any expansion.
    Last edited by Fenryn; 2017-04-19 at 12:34 PM.

Deleted
    I think its fine that blizzard delays flight but you are just wrong mr monkey.

Many zones were designed with flight in mind. Netherstrorm and Blade's Edge in BC, Storm peaks and Icecrown in Wrath. But after that blizzard changed their approach and concluded flying did more harm than good to the game in the current implementation.

In Mop you could get flying at max level, but that is hardly the end of the expansion. ONLY in warlords has flying been an afterthought. Its obvious they did not plan on implementing it seen by the issues that came up when they did. Now in legion they were clear about it from the beginning. And despite what people might say this expansion isnt over yet.

Cool, how did you raid Naxx, then?

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Flying is good, now I can afk in the air while other people do wq for me.
    Implying that the same couldn't be done without flying.

All you do in the zones for endgame is farm the same worldquest over and over for AP so yes flying has made that much less tedious because being afk half the time flying from A to B was a pain.

Most posts seems to be "i can do my chores faster now, perhaps even on multiple toons"

im pretty neutral when it comes to flying, but it seems more like it is used to make something not fun more bearable

Flying is a nice convenience. If World PvP gets better next expansion though I want Blizzard to start restricting flying in some areas.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

game is much more fun with flying

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, this is pretty much exactly what the vast majority of the pro-flight people have been asking for. Max level, flight-only accessible content. Sooooo, not sure why you think we would complain about it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Flying is good, now I can afk in the air while other people do wq for me.
    Doesn't seem possible. Seems like the 5 of you in party would just be AFK floating next to each other until it was time to log out. People have to get off their flying mounts to complete the WQs. You can't just float there and they magically complete. I'm a little surprised you didn't know that.