Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Benomatic View Post
    Probably during events of warcraft 1, 2 or 3.
    Genn was only involved in Warcraft 2 and that was fighting against orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mentioned that all the way back in the Broken Shore Scenario in the pre-launch event. It was the first time he even saw demons most likely
    Yeah, apparently Genn bluffed his way into the Broken Shore and then the lie just kind of exploded from there. He was able to sell Velen on the idea even.

Deleted
    Who let the King wander off alone? He might actually die which would be terrible news for the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Who let the King wander off alone? He might actually die which would be terrible news for the Alliance.
    Who cares? It's not like the Alliance has done anything of value this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    I keep wondering, if he's still so insecure, why didn't he name a regent, or better yet why didn't the Alliance leaders come up with one on their own? This is hardly a time for a major leader to wistfully try to find himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Um, when has Genn fought the Legion before this expansion? He's had like 1 battle with them and he ended it mostly pissed at the Horde.

Someone's been lying on his resume.
    I always thought it was implied the Legion tried to attack Gilneas during the third war. I mean we already know the Legion and Scourge destroyed Stromgarde which isn't shown in Warcraft 3. It isn't that big of a stretch that they attacked Gilneas as well. Though it seems they were pretty unsuccessful.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    I keep wondering, if he's still so insecure, why didn't he name a regent, or better yet why didn't the Alliance leaders come up with one on their own? This is hardly a time for a major leader to wistfully try to find himself.
    If you're referring to High King, Anduin hasn't claimed that title. There is an important difference between King and High King. Anduin obviously feels he can't live up to his father's legacy and isn't worthy of being high king.

King = The leader of Stormwind as dictated by bloodline
    High King = Military leader and Representitive of the Alliance decided democratically by each faction leader

The Alliance has no High King currently. It seems to be primarily represented by Velen and Genn at the moment, but not in an official capacity. It's more that they're doing shit.
    Last edited by Captain Kennedy; 2017-04-19 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kennedy View Post
    I always thought it was implied the Legion tried to attack Gilneas during the third war. I mean we already know the Legion and Scourge destroyed Stromgarde which isn't shown in Warcraft 3. It isn't that big of a stretch that they attacked Gilneas as well. Though it seems they were pretty unsuccessful.
    The worgen starting zone starts with the scourge outside the gates and the worgen curse spreading throughout the city. I think we would have noticed if the Legion was around.

I don't think Genn and Velen were talking about the past. They both have been present to fight the Legion at least once. And the Broken Shore was quite the massacre. An event, that Anduin didn't see in person.
    Guess they are talking about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Kennedy View Post
    If you're referring to High King, Anduin hasn't claimed that title. There is an important difference between King and High King. Anduin obviously feels he can't live up to his father's legacy and isn't worthy of being high king.

King = The leader of Stormwind as dictated by bloodline
    High King = Military leader and Representitive of the Alliance decided democratically by each faction leader

The Alliance has no High King currently. It seems to be primarily represented by Velen and Genn at the moment, but not in an official capacity. It's more that they're doing shit.
    But Anduin does send Genn, the leader of a different faction within the Alliance, on a mission as if he was his superior.

Who cares? It's not like the Alliance has done anything of value this expansion.
    Sounds funny, coming from the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Sounds funny, coming from the horde.
    I don't play horde. I play the race that had their capital assaulted by the Legion and received no help from the Alliance. You know, the one who's leader is part of Legionfall actually trying to stop the Legion instead of chasing undead elf tail or crying about daddy.

Genn mentions fighting the Legion before back in the Broken Shore scenario right at the start when by what we know it is his first time encountering them.
    Yeah, that is odd indeed.
    But I was talking about the people who didn't get the line from the cinematic at first.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't play horde. I play the race that had their capital assaulted by the Legion and received no help from the Alliance. You know, the one who's leader is part of Legionfall actually trying to stop the Legion instead of chasing undead elf tail or crying about daddy.
    You're a panda?

Deleted
    Even with his limited experience from the Broken Shore, it's weird for him to stand next to Velen talking about the horrors of the Legion.
    Except Velen is the only one mentioning the Legion's horrors. Who is Genn to say 'Well, I never really fought em till half a year ago" to a guy whom's people have been hunted across the stars by them for milennia. Would sure make him come across as an uncaring dick in a scene that isn't even about him.

You guys are reading into stuff that's not even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    Except Velen is the only one mentioning the Legion's horrors. Who is Genn to say 'Well, I never really fought em till half a year ago" to a guy whom's people have been hunted across the stars by them for milennia. Would sure make him come across as an uncaring dick in a scene that isn't even about him.

You guys are reading into stuff that's not even there.
    To be honest, I don't even know why they chose Genn for that scene. Khadgar, Jaina or Muradin would have more to say about the Legion, Varian and/or Anduin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I mentioned that all the way back in the Broken Shore Scenario in the pre-launch event. It was the first time he even saw demons most likely
    To be fair, velen is also kinda speaking out of his ass. Since for last 25k years all demons were behind him as he was advancing in opposite direction.

Btw, is anduins stand ability to see past events like that one guy from jojo ?
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2017-04-19 at 10:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Considering his shoulder muscles have not overtaken his neck yet, I doubt he has a stand.
    He is from post art style change era.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    From the context I thought Velen was saying that Anduin didn't know the horrors of the Legion as the Draenei did (the "we" in his speech), he wasn't referring to himself and Genn. Although Genn did fight on the Broken Shore and personally saw the Legion's slaughter of the Alliance forces - so he could certainly still qualify on that ground, regardless.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The worgen starting zone starts with the scourge outside the gates and the worgen curse spreading throughout the city. I think we would have noticed if the Legion was around.
    And then there's a massive time gap while the player character goes feral for a few years. Just because we didn't see it in the starting experience doesn't mean it couldn't have happened. There's certainly the opportunity for it and it wouldn't be surprising really. The Scourge and Legion worked very closely initially.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    But Anduin does send Genn, the leader of a different faction within the Alliance, on a mission as if he was his superior.
    Genn leaves on his own accord doesn't he? He prepares to embark to Stormheim while the others are at the funeral.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    From the context I thought Velen was saying that Anduin didn't know the horrors of the Legion as the Draenei did (the "we" in his speech), he wasn't referring to himself and Genn. Although Genn did fight on the Broken Shore and personally saw the Legion's slaughter of the Alliance forces - so he could certainly still qualify on that ground, regardless.
    I never consider how vague that "we" bit could be. He could just be referring to the Draenei.

Depending on how long WoW goes or whether we get a WC4 or a sequel MMO, I would love to see a "Warcraft: Next of Generations" thing.

An older, badass paladin King Anduin, a Grand Master LiLi Stormstout, a Blood Knight Salandria, an Earthen Ring Dornaa, Warchief Durak, a Tide-King Murky.

It would be like Legend of Korra, only without the cliche love triangles.