Hell no. Its to:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Hell no. Its to:
    Fear the manliness of the Aztec gods of fitness

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Latest chapter is out and shiet, kaato aint fucking around. Fuck with my son - get buried alive.

Also, its kinda funny how in P8 literally everyone is ok with killing. Its like a dark mirror to innocence of characters of P4.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2017-04-18 at 04:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So...I've been thinking...Okuyasu, one of the weakest characters from DiU, has the exact same ability as Vanilla Ice, the guy who single-handedly defeats and murders two Stardust Crusaders. The fuck, Okuyasu, get your shit together man. Guess it isn't the Stand, its the Man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    So...I've been thinking...Okuyasu, one of the weakest characters from DiU, has the exact same ability as Vanilla Ice, the guy who single-handedly defeats and murders two Stardust Crusaders. The fuck, Okuyasu, get your shit together man. Guess it isn't the Stand, its the Man.
    Yeah its kinda implied to be that. Hes not very confident because he as he says so himself, is not very smart. His is a more focused and controlled version of Vanilla Ice and Cream though.

Most of the villains basically say, damn if you tried you would be fucking terrifying.
    Is it against forum rules to ask where I can find good scans of part 5+?

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    So Kars is technically a good guy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Really Kars didn't have plans for World Domination or anything...that's a serious point. If Joseph wasn't there when he woke up, or he just gave him the stone and said 'Don't kill people, K?' it would have been over.

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

Serious question; what is it about this series that people like? I tried watching a few episodes and it just seems to be Exposition the Anime. People verbally describe their own actions, they verbally describe the actions of others, and it's all exaggerated to the point of ridiculousness. I tried enjoying it, but it just feels like a parody of something else, and not in a goody way.

No offense to fans, but I just do not get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    Serious question; what is it about this series that people like? I tried watching a few episodes and it just seems to be Exposition the Anime. People verbally describe their own actions, they verbally describe the actions of others, and it's all exaggerated to the point of ridiculousness. I tried enjoying it, but it just feels like a parody of something else, and not in a goody way.

No offense to fans, but I just do not get it.
    Part 1 is fairly dry. Its not bad by any measure, but its fairly standard. I felt the same way. I mean as much as I enjoyed Speedwagon, I kinda wanted the exposition to shut up. Its a relic of the 80s honestly in terms of how fights used to be drawn. Jojo is a very old manga.

I gave part 2 a shot because I heard it was numerous times better, and it really is. Joseph Joestar is a much more interesting character, he has more character in general, there is some more comedy, and the villains are pretty cool. Part 3 changes the formula up again and is loved as much if not more than part 2 (I prefer part 2), part 4 is more light hearted and is pretty goofy, but still serious at points and is my second favorite part.

I have yet to really go into part 5, and havent looked into the others, but people enjoy them, especially part 7.

Each part is a new cast so it stays pretty fresh.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-05-06 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    So I've been thinking on this a while now, kind of afraid to bring it up, but is the ending to part 3 kind of...cheap? Like, we finally see DIO's power, he can stop time and just flat out dominates the Stardust Crusaders. JJBA has always been about the creative ways our heroes defeat seemingly invincible opponents, but then DIO shows up with the most badass thing yet, here we are on the edge of our seats trying to figure out how Jotaro is going to beat him...and it turns out Jotaro JUST SO HAPPENS to have the same power as DIO all this time! The hell? The most epic buildup ever, and we are left with, "I see you can stop time, guess the only way to beat you is to just do that as well!"

...like come on. REALLY? At least part 4 made up for it, although Jotaro and the gang mistaking a collapsing house, explosions, and screaming for rain is kind of stupid as well, at least Josuke was creative in his fight with Kira.

Side note, how stupidly specific of an ability is "Bites the Dust", anyway?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree that's why I find part 4 a bit better than 3. As for Bites the dust it's specific because it was created by being stabbed by the stand arrow a second time. Part 5 deals with this a bit more

- - - Updated - - -