Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Betjent View Post
    Currently not at home, so have not yet simmed it myself. Does it positively affect the BF+AS build more than the AkainuHH Build? Making them on par? Or are they evenly boosted?
    According to the blue post, Hailstorm is not listed in the increase, so it's dubious that AK-HH benefits relatively as much. According to my last Krosus parse, the listed buffs affect about 70% of my damage output. Frostbrand is 9% of my damage.

Another poster indicated that it's a 4% additive increase to the existing 22% aura. So compared to our current total, for AK-HH it would be roughly: 4/(100+22) = 3.3% * 0.7 = 2.3% relative increase. For a non-AK spec (speculative), it would be closer to a (rough estimate) 3.3% * (0.7/0.91) = 2.54% relative increase. So we're not talking a major difference here. If the difference in your sims between your optimized BF setup and optimized AK-HH setup were within 0.3% of each other (roughly 2500 DPS), then you might consider switching (in the context of pure single target).

E.g. gap between the two specs has probably narrowed a tiny bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    How far behind is lightning shield now?
    HEROES NEVER DIE

so it looks like they are trying making rockbiter like boulder fist without the 5% dmg buff and moving landslide to L15, so no 8% agi+ hothand/windsong or 5% dmg+hothand/windsong. it would be nice if they added the 5% dmg to rockbiter. im now curious to what the new L100 talent will be or if they give a nice buff to ascendance
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-04-19 at 03:09 AM.

they finish to kill enhancement shaman.. i'm so sad and angry of this game.

Now it's just ridiculous to play enhancement, this class have no sense, the 4pt20 have no sense, the new rockbiter without the 5% dmg have no sense, wtf is wrong with blizzard .. deleted this spec if u don't like it and stop wasting people's time
    Last edited by Kazzek; 2017-04-19 at 03:47 AM.

Interested to see what happens in the lvl 100 row.

I'm not surprised to see the 5% dmg buff gone, there's really no need for it on a baseline ability. I do wonder what sort of new talent they'll introduce to replace landslide. Hopefully it'll be another frost based skill so that we aren't forced into Hailstorm to get the most out of our legendaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzek View Post
    they finish to kill enhancement shaman.. i'm so sad and angry of this game.

Now it's just ridiculous to play enhancement, this class have no sense, the 4pt20 have no sense, the new rockbiter without the 5% dmg have no sense, wtf is wrong with blizzard .. deleted this spec if u don't like it and stop wasting people's time
    i would be down with ehnace being a tank spec, so they can be the horde opposite of pallys again, but with range dps instead of melee

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    I'm not surprised to see the 5% dmg buff gone, there's really no need for it on a baseline ability. I do wonder what sort of new talent they'll introduce to replace landslide. Hopefully it'll be another frost based skill so that we aren't forced into Hailstorm to get the most out of our legendaries.
    with the 5% damage gone and not being able to pair 8% agi with hothand, it nullifies the 4% buff we just got. also, with rockbuter like boulderfist without 5% damge, they just made it have all the disadvantage of boulderfist with barely any of the advantage, it would be nice if they made ascendance harness all the elements and converted all dmg to frost, fire and nature thus taking full advantage of the ring, or jsut give us elemental blast back lol
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-04-19 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaty View Post
    with the 5% damage gone and not being able to pair 8% agi with hothand, it nullifies the 4% buff we just got. also, with rockbuter like boulderfist without 5% damge, they just made it have all the disadvantage of boulderfist with barely any of the advantage, it would be nice if they made ascendance harness all the elements and converted all dmg to frost, fire and nature thus taking full advantage of the ring, or jsut give us elemental blast back lol
    That 5% buff was only there to balance the Boulderfist talent against HH and Windsong, now that BF is baseline it doesn't make any sense to keep it. That loss will be made up by whatever other t15 talent you pick. Likewise, the 8% agi is made up by whatever t100 talent you take. Its still early for proper tuning but if it turns out the spec is still behind then there are much better ways of accomplishing that.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    That 5% buff was only there to balance the Boulderfist talent against HH and Windsong, now that BF is baseline it doesn't make any sense to keep it. That loss will be made up by whatever other t15 talent you pick. Likewise, the 8% agi is made up by whatever t100 talent you take. Its still early for proper tuning but if it turns out the spec is still behind then there are much better ways of accomplishing that.
    considering how weak we are already it makes more sense to keep a 5% damage boost since we wont get 8% agi to make hothand or windsong stronger, and landslde benefits everything, so its going to almost be the talent taken for most situations, especially aoe. its going to take a redisign of almost everything to compensate. if we had the damage to compete with other classes, hardly anyone would be complaining since the playstyle is generally praised, but instead of just buffing our damage blizzard just wants to move things around, changing up the playstyle, yet the damage isnt getting significantly better. theres plenty of talents they could add to make us better, but given their track record i dont see it happening. theres constantly ptr updates on classes that are doing well, then the one thing we finally get about enhance is that 5% damage is gone, rockbiter has a CD rendering FoA useless and landslide taking a slot that weakens hothand and windsong. the only good i see on this si that landslide can buff ascendance.
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-04-19 at 08:42 AM.

Deleted
    There is no playstyle change yet. That BF change is barely a gamestyle change because we didnt use rockbiter a lot.

The play style change might come with the "new" level 100 talent. Could be Ascendance or the new talent. I would bind ES to ALT+F4 if we were really forced into that direction.

Edit: Looking at logs i use rockbiter in a HH build around every 6 sec. Considering rockbiter now deals 77% more damage, gains 5 MS more and i often only used it to keep Landslide up. It definitely is a buff overall and no gamestyle change at all. I fear that Landslide will be too strong in its current state, making it mandatory.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-04-19 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    There is no playstyle change yet. That BF change is barely a gamestyle change because we didnt use rockbiter a lot.

The play style change might come with the "new" level 100 talent. Could be Ascendance or the new talent. I would bind ES to ALT+F4 if we were really forced into that direction.

Edit: Looking at logs i use rockbiter in a HH build around every 6 sec. Considering rockbiter now deals 77% more damage, gains 5 MS more and i often only used it to keep Landslide up. It definitely is a buff overall and no gamestyle change at all. I fear that Landslide will be too strong in its current state, making it mandatory.
    enhance has had 4 gameplay style changes so far. original BF+HS+SS build, the HH/WS+AS+OC+FoA build, the 4p t19 lava lash fishing build and now the HH+HS aikinu build. soon we will have a CL every 16 sec build and hope we can get SS procs plus crits to even use the 4P. all those changes, yet damage hasnt scaled like other classes. and saying that landslide is too strong is why we are in the state we are now, where they nerf our strongest talents and slightly buff others to where they meet in the middle, and overall nerfing our total dps. hell they even nerfed our legendaries.
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-04-19 at 11:49 AM.

Deleted
    enhance has 4 gameplay style changes so far. original BF+HS+SS build, the HH/WS+AS+OC+FoA build, the 4p t19 lava lash fishing build and now the HH+HS aikinu build. soon we will have a CL every 16 sec build and hope we cam get SS procs plus crits to even use the 4P. all those changes, yet damage hasnt scaled like other classes
    Because of reasons. We could get good traits really fast, we had bad legendaries so we were better with people having less legendaries.

And then came all those 7.1.5 nerfs:

Spontaneous Appandages nerfed by 50%
    10% crit chance lost
    Hailstorm nerf (pre patch, Hailstorm was 15k better than 10% haste, after T19 it was 15k worse than 6% haste)
    More AOE and cleave in NH
    Legendaries nerfed

And the newest problem: bad traits (especially the old ones), letting enhance fall behind.

And related to all of this: other specs got bigger buffs, better new traits, better set bonuses or simply much stronger NH trinkets. Additionally we had BIS trait relics pre NH and no BIS traits in NH.

It all sums up.

Why TOS could be better? One trinket looks quite promising unless they nerf it. 2 out of 3 wind strike relics drop in NH. And we are so bad now that they might buff us a little more. And they will surely nerf COF+DOS. Other specs will get worse relic traits in TOS.

Unclear: T20 set bonus looks bad. Encounter design might favor us ( no clue yet). The new lvl 100 talent might be good. Ascendance might give us some burst because i would prefer it over ES.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-04-19 at 11:58 AM.

Because of reasons. We could get good traits really fast, we had bad legendaries so we were better with people having less legendaries.

And then came all those 7.1.5 nerfs:

Spontaneous Appandages nerfed by 50%
    10% crit chance lost
    Hailstorm nerf (pre patch, Hailstorm was 15k better than 10% haste, after T19 it was 15k worse than 6% haste)
    More AOE and cleave in NH
    Legendaries nerfed

And the newest problem: bad traits (especially the old ones), letting enhance fall behind.

And related to all of this: other specs got bigger buffs, better new traits, better set bonuses or simply much stronger NH trinkets. Additionally we had BIS trait relics pre NH and no BIS traits in NH.

It all sums up.
    and thats a problem. they say that enhance has a problem, then they come out with a band aid 4% damage buff, then take away an 5% damage buff and move 8% agi that helps our hardest hitting ability to the same tier. then you have the new arms warior changes. a flat 10% damage buff, then seperate buff to other abilities upwards to 280% and a 100% buff on a trait. a buff to a very strong frost mage spec. more buffs to warlocs. buffs to rogues. it almost feels like corporate wants blizzard to buff the popular specs and ignore under represented specs, but if enhance wasnt shit on constantly, more ppl would play it.

yes, tos can be better, but all those classes have the same access to those trinkets and relics as well.

i hope the mechanics of the new 4p arent strictly 1 stack on a SS cast. if it counts MH and OH and then each crit when you use it to cleave, then it will be good.
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-04-19 at 12:01 PM.

Deleted
    and thats a problem. they say that enhance has a problem, then they come out with a band aid 4% damage buff, then take away an 5% damage buff and move 8% agi that helps our hardest hitting ability to the same tier. then you have the new arms warior changes. a flat 10% damage buff, then seperate buff to other abilities upwards to 280% and a 100% buff on a trait. a buff to a very strong frost mage spec. more buffs to warlocs. buffs to rogues. it almost feels like corporate wants blizzard to buff the popular specs and ignore under represented specs, but if enhance wasnt shit on constantly, more ppl would play it.

yes, tos can be better, but all those classes have the same access to those trinkets and relics as well.

i hope the mechanics of the new 4p arent strictly 1 stack on a SS cast. if it counts MH and OH and then each crit when you use it to cleave, then it will be good.
    Well that trinket we talk about has a fire damage proc. So it scales with our mastery.

Unless they nerf it specifically for enhance, enhance might be the big winner. Again they sometimes do stupid stuff. Nerf DOS for Unholy specific while unchanged for warrs and rogues.

If they want enhance to be bad it will be bad in TOS too. That is why i envourage people here to show some rage. Staying calm doesnt work.
    Last edited by mmoc4ec7d51a68; 2017-04-19 at 12:09 PM.

With the rockbitter change have they given it the same animation/sound as boulderfist or is it the same one it had before?

I hope they make giving it the boulderfist one a glyph at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Emophia View Post
    With the rockbitter change have they given it the same animation/sound as boulderfist or is it the same one it had before?

I hope they make giving it the boulderfist one a glyph at the very least.
    I would rather have the 5% damage buff over the animation

hell they even nerfed our legendaries.
    Legendaries nerfed
    You are both implying that a multiple of our legendaries were nerfed, which ones were nerfed exept Eye of the Twisting Nether?

Roots of Shaladrassil got buffed with an additional 658 critical strike.
    Sephuz's Secret got buffed from a 15% haste proc, to a 25% haste proc and an additional constant 2% haste.
    Prydaz got a third stat, and shield buffed from 15% to 25%, and it procs even if you get hit.
    Akainu got buffed from 30% extra lava lash damage to 50%.
    Spiritual Journey got buffed from 75% faster recovery to 500% faster recovery on feral spirit.
    Storm tempest is unchanged.
    Emalon's is unchanged.
    KJBW is unchanged.
    Uncertain Reminder is unchanged.

Well that trinket we talk about has a fire damage proc. So it scales with our mastery.

Unless they nerf it specifically for enhance, enhance might be the big winner. Again they sometimes do stupid stuff. Nerf DOS for Unholy specific while unchanged for warrs and rogues.

If they want enhance to be bad it will be bad in TOS too. That is why i envourage people here to show some rage. Staying calm doesnt work.
    There's so many little things they could do, without having to develop new talent, to help enhance get to middle of the road dps. Make OH able to proc WF, at 74% mastery, a 9% chance only on main hand is too low and is the main problem with the proc issue, not the tempest talent. Make our weapon imbue trait effect all of the imbues damage, not just the initial casts. Make wind strikes last longer, but for less speed increase. Just those few things could make a big difference for the spec. Instead they want to remove stuff and move talents around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Creekz View Post
    You are both implying that a multiple of our legendaries were nerfed, which ones were nerfed exept Eye of the Twisting Nether?

Sephuz's Secret got buffed from a 15% haste proc, to a 25% haste proc and an additional constant 2% haste.
    Prydaz got a third stat, and shield buffed from 15% to 25%, and it procs even if you get hit.
    Spiritual Journey got buffed from 75% faster recovery to 500% faster recovery on feral spirit.
    Emalon's is unchanged.
    KJBW is unchanged.
    7.1.5:

Akainu became worthless because of Hailstorm being too weak

EOTN nerfed from 6% to 3%

Quote Originally Posted by Creekz View Post

Emalon's is unchanged.
    KJBW is unchanged.
    So they buffed the utility legendaries.... ok. One of the best legendaries across 2 specs and multiple talent setups, EoTN was nerfed, coupled with HS being nerfed equated to a huge blow against enhance DPS. Uncertain reminder, another of our better dps legendaries for 2 specs and any situation, was 100% extra time on bloodlust. Spiritual journey is 99% worthless in raids. Emalons didn't change, that's a good thing. Yes, akainu got reverted back to 50% after it was nerfed to 30% in 7.1.5, but HS is still bad, so it performs about even with other legendary setups, and the bracers require having the ring to be worth it. Storm tempest isn't changed because it's one of our worst dps legendaries already. KJBW is across all classes, it most likely won't get nerfed, and CoF+BTI outperforms it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skildar View Post
    Yes and that's exactly why it was taken away, because it was too strong and raid absolutely needed a sham for every encounter for that big dps. They managed to make it a good passive, don't focus too much on asking to revert some good work
    So its better now that we don't have it? There's no benefit for having enhance in the raid for stormlash on 2 ppl or empowered on 3 ppl. That's better than stormlash totem that effected everyone? You can't even tell the difference in dps for other raiders when enhance is in or its not, so there's no reason to desire one. You can take a shaman with empowered stormlash out of a raid and bring in another class that will do more damage than what the enhance did plus all the damage from empowered stormlash added. Stormlash totem was desired and when it was dropped you could see a notable raid dps spike. At least if we had that we bring something useful that would make up in total raid dps for the low personal dps we have been doing.
    Last edited by Phaty; 2017-04-19 at 01:46 PM.