Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JJShadoe View Post
    Well, at least I got to be competitive for half a raid tier.
    Competitive? How about absolutely broken in almost every single situation?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90

This brought a smile to my face.

Deleted
    It's strong but 70-40 is a joke. 65 then maybe a hot fix to 60 if it's too strong. They will need dots buffing by a long way to make up for that

Thank God I switched back to destro

Was anything mentioned about Effigy QoL changes? I know they acknowledged the implementation has some issues, I at least hoped they would implement something to make Effigy less annoying to use. I like that play style even now but hell it can be annoying sometimes.

Overall the first row looks like it will be even in terms of boost it provides, not bad really.

I must be so shit at playing, because frost mages seem to piss on my dps whenever there is some movement involved, running around spamming an instaspell that is doing 50ish % of their total damage. But yeah, I play a lot less nowadays so I guess it is a player issue, since affliction is so overpowered, I guess I am just around 50% of my dps potential and I probably get grouped with the worlds best frost mages only.

Also made the switch back to Destro, it does have a more smooth playstyle imo.
    Afflic became a bit hectic with the short duration of UA and just spamming SoC's for MT dmg.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Anyone who wasn't expecting Affliction getting overnerfed into oblivion was in a dreamworld..
    Fixed for more accuracy.

Affliction wasn't nowhere near as OP as, say, pre-nerf S2M spriest as evidenced by a simple fact: top guilds were not stacking affliction warlocks (whereas they were stacking S2M priests before). This is because affliction was good for one thing only: sustained single-target turretting, assuming there were also some dying adds present to feed the lock with Souls and SSs. Stacking affliction locks would quickly become a liability due to their shortcomings. Now that affliction's single-target dps (the only thing it was useful for*) has been nerfed to the ground with a sledge-hammer, any affliction warlocks present in the raid will decidedly reduce its performance under almost every scenario (assuming equal skill and gear). These nerfs will kill off affliction from the competitive raiding scene.

*) Affliction was also good at padding at Scorpyron, but it was an easy boss and one-of-a-kind fight so this "strength" is just a niche not worth discussing much.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Competitive? How about absolutely broken in almost every single situation?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/11#dataset=90
    In every single target situation you mean? Where all of you were when adds were soulless husks rendering affliction artifact nearly useless on everything but Star augur and Scorpyron?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...et=90&region=1
    Affliction went over the top because of this change alongside with new traits. However they left fury warriors with their broken trinket completely untouched, they left frost dks completely untouched for 7.1.5 like they did it with spriests in 7.0.3 and 7.1, now it seems they leave affliction almost untouched in 7.2. until tomb release which is completely irrelevant now because mythic race is over, progression for many guilds is over, etc. But at the beggining of 7.1.5 affliction got nerf, but mentioned classes (fury warriors/frost dk) were buffed/untouched while already being very strong/op. And in 7.2.5 affliction dps was cut by minimum of 30% once again the only real reason is "just because we rather you don't play affliction".

It's also worth mentioning that blizzard made affliction one of most useless specs in 3v3 arena in 7.1.5. Because of these "just because" 50-100% nerfs. No survivability, no damage, no mobility and the most useless cc in whole game - fear (fear of oom yourself while you getting smashed by warrior paired with dk). And in terms of pvp what affliction got in 7.2? 1m more hp in pvp than other casters. This is Blizzards meaning of "tankiness". Oh and your teammates will enjoy your healthstone which heals for 350k while hp pulls range between 4-6m (still don't know why this thing has 3 charges and 1m cooldown, while it's completely impossible to use more than 1 in arena and even rogues now have self heal which heals more than hs)

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Fixed for more accuracy.

Affliction wasn't nowhere near as OP as, say, pre-nerf S2M spriest as evidenced by a simple fact: top guilds were not stacking affliction warlocks (whereas they were stacking S2M priests before). This is because affliction was good for one thing only: sustained single-target turretting, assuming there were also some dying adds present to feed the lock with Souls and SSs. Stacking affliction locks would quickly become a liability due to their shortcomings. Now that affliction's single-target dps (the only thing it was useful for*) has been nerfed to the ground with a sledge-hammer, any affliction warlocks present in the raid will decidedly reduce its performance under almost every scenario (assuming equal skill and gear). These nerfs will kill off affliction from the competitive raiding scene.

*) Affliction was also good at padding at Scorpyron, but it was an easy boss and one-of-a-kind fight so this "strength" is just a niche not worth discussing much.
    I really hate this argument, they did not stack affliction warlocks because affliction warlocks were not overpowered yet when top guilds were progressing, it first really happened with 7.2, not to mention they didn't have nearly as many ready and geared affliction warlocks.

I do agree that they may have overdone the nerfs though, but we will see, hopefully more changes will come(my own class shadow hasn't gotten a single change yet despite clearly in need of some for example).

Quote Originally Posted by Sunlighthell View Post
    In every single target situation you mean? Where all of you were when adds were soulless husks rendering affliction artifact nearly useless on everything but Star augur and Scorpyron?
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statist...aset=90®ion=1
    Affliction went over the top because of this change alongside with new traits. However they left fury warriors with their broken trinket completely untouched, they left frost dks completely untouched for 7.1.5 like they did it with spriests in 7.0.3 and 7.1, now it seems they leave affliction almost untouched in 7.2. until tomb release which is completely irrelevant now because mythic race is over, progression for many guilds is over, etc. But at the beggining of 7.1.5 affliction got nerf, but mentioned classes (fury warriors/frost dk) were buffed/untouched while already being very strong/op. And in 7.2.5 affliction dps was cut by minimum of 30% once again the only real reason is "just because we rather you don't play affliction".

It's also worth mentioning that blizzard made affliction one of most useless specs in 3v3 arena in 7.1.5. Because of these "just because" 50-100% nerfs. No survivability, no damage, no mobility and the most useless cc in whole game - fear (fear of oom yourself while you getting smashed by warrior paired with dk). And in terms of pvp what affliction got in 7.2? 1m more hp in pvp than other casters. This is Blizzards meaning of "tankiness". Oh and your teammates will enjoy your healthstone which heals for 350k while hp pulls range between 4-6m (still don't know why this thing has 3 charges and 1m cooldown, while it's completely impossible to use more than 1 in arena and even rogues now have self heal which heals more than hs)
    Affliction is broken on huge AoE situations (hello 5 mil dps) and they're one of the best classes on ST. While still being the best cleave (multidot) class. Not to mention that you can't get killed cus lul Drain Soul heals a shitton. Nah man, you never want to acknowledge that your spec is broken, but it's a fact with Affliction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Fixed for more accuracy.

Yea doing 100k more dps (on average) on Krosus mythic than the other non-warlock ranged spec/class is probably a good indicator that the spec isnt OP. /s

Deleted
    A good change, but I think Agony needs a ~15% nerf too. Also maybe decrease the healing and damage done by drain soul by 20% because now it's better than some healing spells.

This is bullshit. i am not switching specs AGAIN and trying to level up another weapon im way behind on. To be fair, im not even mad about the Fatal Echoes fix. If it was not working as intended that is understandable. It can be pretty OP at times. This past weekend in our raid i saw the same 1 UA reapply itself 5 times in a row.

The blue post on the front page say " We’re rapidly iterating on these changes (and some of them are already outdated compared to our internal test environments) but please give us any feedback you can on what you see"

Don't get your panties in a bunch so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    This is bullshit. i am not switching specs AGAIN and trying to level up another weapon im way behind on. To be fair, im not even mad about the Fatal Echoes fix. If it was not working as intended that is understandable. It can be pretty OP at times. This past weekend in our raid i saw the same 1 UA reapply itself 5 times in a row.
    I will however add to this, that im not the best player my any means, i constantly miss shit but can still be decent. Several times a fight im like "fuck i shoudlnt have done that" "fuck that was stupid". what i dont get is this...

Mythic skorp kill this weekend im 1st on boss damage because i dont do that padding shit anymore as it just makes the fight last longer than it needs to, and i only ranked 22 percentile in my ilevel

but heres my logs for M Chrom and M trill...

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...gkCxm/#fight=6

top damage but only 51% in my ilevel?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...#view=rankings

top damage and 91% which im happy with

I manged to parse 99% on a guldan kill once.

but for the most part im middle of the road

Heres our heroic parses from the same day https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/gnVbKyjzXpfm3d1Z/ (we had attendance issues this weekend and the Blizzard Crash on Sunday forced us to miss our 2nd raid day). But my parses here are all pretty middle of the road.

here is my overall https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...278702/latest/ which i honestly dont understand because my overall best % from the individual boss ranking pages are not the individual bests on this overall page.

However what im saying is this just tells me there are equally geared players playing A LOT better than I am (or somehow cheesing parses). So the spec is OP for the high tier players. But for the middle of the road, average players like myself, its going to feel like bad nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by smokeytombs View Post
    The blue post on the front page say " We’re rapidly iterating on these changes (and some of them are already outdated compared to our internal test environments) but please give us any feedback you can on what you see"

Don't get your panties in a bunch so fast.
    You literally just quoted Blizzard against your own argument.

Sure they are changing things but they have already opened the floor to feedback on them.

So people are well within their right to say they don't like the changes and/or why.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    Except classes/specs that didn't switch because of the buff/nerf rollercoaster will just permanently be ahead (at current AK cap), assuming equal play time.

- - - Updated - - -

Aaaaand now I'm back to not knowing where to spend my AP. Great. Might as well flip a coin at this point.
    Except that's not how AP works anymore. In 8 weeks when tomb is open, a single AP item will be worth every single point of AP you have right now alone. If another spec has ANY kind of real lead, it would be 1-5 paragon points, which is worth .1-.5% dps.

It really isn't going to be the end of the world when it comes to ap. Legendaries sure, but not ap.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Affliction is broken on huge AoE situations (hello 5 mil dps) and they're one of the best classes on ST. While still being the best cleave (multidot) class. Not to mention that you can't get killed cus lul Drain Soul heals a shitton. Nah man, you never want to acknowledge that your spec is broken, but it's a fact with Affliction.
    Skorpyion is a unique once in a lifetime bossfight, just like the first few arcway trash groups that blow up in chain reaction style with your soul flame trait (a GOLD trait that is useless 99% of times in raids) our AE is in line with other classes in most other situations, the 5 million dps also requires you to play the boss wrong (standing on the spawnpoint of the adds) which is only possible if you are way overgeared / your dmg doesnt matter anyway. We are not the best cleave class, we are not even the best multidot class, look at the only multidot fight in nigthold (hc botanist), we are getting raped by shadowpriests. Not sure where you get this from. Shadows easily deal ~600k more dps on that boss and they dont even have to reapply every dot manually.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2017-04-19 at 01:05 PM.

A 30% dmg nerf is pretty fucking hefty and I hope they do something to somewhat counter that huge effect.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelfox View Post
    Why are they playing with damage this early then? I could understand if it was a mechanic change, but it's a straight damage nerf
    Well, my line of thinking is
    1: get the three talents in line
    2: make adjustments to spell power coefficients so that you achieve a desired level of output for the spec.

What we are seeing is still step 1, but I could and may well be wrong!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by skitzin View Post
    People keep saying things like this for the whole expansion and it seldom ever works out the way it should.

What's more is that a lot of people like to keep advocating "waiting" like Blizzard isn't already steaming along, full swing in this direction.

Yet here we are in the early days of the PTR and straight off the bat is damage changes for many classes. Damage changes are not some mystical event that occurs only at the release stage of the patch - it's happening right now.

Sorry but the sooner we jump on them for an issue the better.
    While I agree completely that Blizzard has let us down many a time, most of the issues this tier relate to unfun mechanics and terrible talent options rather than throughput. Complaining about damage at this point is just wasting time and making it harder for them to filter out more useful talent/mechanics feedback.
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

I prefer we didn't get ST DPS tied to MG.

I like WiA playstyle far better. I was so much more mobile.