Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best use of Nethershards?

Hey all. So I'm new to this patch and haven't paid much attention to any of the info that was around before this launched. I'm smack in the middle of it and I'm wondering what's the most efficient use of nethershards if I want to bring my ilvl up?

My Ilvl is not that great (880) - i upgraded my 850 trink and got a 885 one from 5k worth nethershards. I'm not able to farm these at a significant rate, but is there something else i should be using these for?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post
    Hey all. So I'm new to this patch and haven't paid much attention to any of the info that was around before this launched. I'm smack in the middle of it and I'm wondering what's the most efficient use of nethershards if I want to bring my ilvl up?

My Ilvl is not that great (880) - i upgraded my 850 trink and got a 885 one from 5k worth nethershards. I'm not able to farm these at a significant rate, but is there something else i should be using these for?

Thanks!
    If you're 880 the dauntless tokens won't do you any good. If you only want to raise your ilvl keep farming shards and replacing your lowest ilvl piece.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

10+ Year Old Account
    Best use, is the cave-lottery,until you have both the pet and toy... After that, no use at all..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Deleted
    Also the non consumable flask at revered but only 7500 shards needed

Quote Originally Posted by Mythicalfury View Post
    Yeah, I thought that's about all it's good for too.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Best use, is the cave-lottery,until you have both the pet and toy... After that, no use at all..
    That and the two toys from the vendor, maybe the tabard if that's your collection want as well.

Too bad that flask is awful.

OT: Buy more 880 gear. Get vanity items if you really want to, but the 880 gear is the best use if you want to progress your character(and the other options are not even close to the 880 gear in that regard)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post

OT: Buy more 880 gear. Get vanity items if you really want to, but the 880 gear is the best use if you want to progress your character(and the other options are not even close to the 880 gear in that regard)
    for those that dont hardcore raid them flasks are a nice bonus, so they are not awful

for those that dont hardcore raid them flasks are a nice bonus, so they are not awful
    They're significantly worse than real flasks, and real flasks are not very expensive anymore.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

rather use that than countless army outside of raids and maybe higher m+.

They're significantly worse than real flasks, and real flasks are not very expensive anymore.
    Real flasks still cost upwards of 300 gold per use.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=147707/r...ed-fel-focuser costs 7,500 nethershards and will last until the middle of the next expansion when they introduce the next version. It is entirely worth getting.

Yeah you can target legendary, and all gear can titanforge so just get tokens if you got everything else. So see what slot you need most

Deleted
    Relics/Trinkets for me personally. Best way to spend them.

IMO, get all 880 gear, then the reusable flask, toys and such from rep, then gamble for the toy/pet. Then dump them into whatever slot you really want a legendary in. Probably best to wait for a lot of shards 50-100k at least so you don't rack up the BLP only to get some trash like pydraz from LFR the next day.
    Last edited by tuesday the paladin; 2017-04-19 at 04:15 PM.

Deleted
    Just gamble nethershards until you get 666k lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Yippeeeeeee!
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Gamble cost is way too high for me. If it was 500 shards I wouldn't mind. 2k is a lot and takes a long time to farm and it is 40% of the way to a guaranteed relinquished piece. Back in Timeless Isle, we gambled on the chest because it could drop Burdens, that was the main reason, there is pretty much no reason to gamble shards right now unless you want a toy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Gamble cost is way too high for me. If it was 500 shards I wouldn't mind. 2k is a lot and takes a long time to farm and it is 40% of the way to a guaranteed relinquished piece. Back in Timeless Isle, we gambled on the chest because it could drop Burdens, that was the main reason, there is pretty much no reason to gamble shards right now unless you want a toy.
    tbh i'm gambling shards only for fun,i dont need any relqinquished piece, and toys don't concern me. Otherwise just save for toys or buying relqinquished pieces would be my way to go.

It is awesome ... not sure what the issue is with it ... 500Primary+750Stam, great for normal clears and WQs and stuff like that.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gestapo View Post

Thanks!
    I use them to gear up partially my main and fully my alt with 880 gear.

Have been thinking about this, what is the best use of these Nethershards.

Should we save our Nethershards for 7.2.5 and the release of Tomb of Sargeras, and hopefully get the new titanforged ilvl for those Relinquished tokens?