Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If anyone has to sign up, everyone should have to.
    The exact thought I had and most certainly with all this fighting for women's rights and equality for those already in the military. Absolutely.

All women, with respect to the same age range as men, should have to enlist and be subjected to a draft if ever needed.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I mean, I think that just supports the notion that the draft should be abolished outright. It's essentially a relic from a bygone era when throwing bodies at things actually kind of made sense. These days it's little more than a registry for government solicitation you're forced to sign up for at gunpoint.
    I think you'd be interested in my post directly above (#302) which is a semi-response to this.

Before all the lefties get their panties in a twist here, read between the lines, especially the serve during war part. Don't go assuming that it is going to be a South Korea or Israel style national service. Those countries are justified in having such a policy due to being surrounded by aggressive or larger neighbours.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    It's 2017, why do we need to expand the number of people in the draft? We already have enough qualified individuals.
    Enough to defeat a poorly armed third world country, but should a war between China or Russia or both break out? Since those lazy Europeans don't want to contribute more to moving the proverbial boat, so to speak, guess who has to take up the slack?

China may be on board with North Korea today, but in bigger picture terms they are the Parthia/ Sassanid Persia to America's Rome (Parthia being the rival state on Ancient Rome's eastern frontiers).

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The basic combat formation of the US Army is the brigade combat team... typically between 5000 in three varietes - Infantry, Stryker (medium) and Armored (Heavy, with tanks). Over the past 4 years Obama (foolishly) cut the number of Active Armry BCT from 45 to 30. Yes, the US has demobilized a third of it's ground power. Thanks Obama, you stupid motherfucker.
    Don't be surprised, the guy didn't have any balls to begin with. That was to expected when one surrounds themselves with weaklings.

Quote Originally Posted by Artaxerxes View Post
    Don't be surprised, the guy didn't have any balls to begin with. That was to expected when one surrounds themselves with weaklings.
    Oh I'm not. It was an intentional effort to try and clip the country's ability to conduct expeditionary warfare. The current ISIS war is how he views US military conflicts as they should be, rather than the Iraq War. The thing about that: wars against ISIS can be done for much, much cheaper than Iraq-style wars, which allowed him to cut defense spending.

It all kind of flowed together. He was elected on a promise to end the Iraq War. Then he moved to prevent the possibility of a sequel. And congruent with that he moved to shift the military towards "low cost, high impact" special-operations driven campaigns, which directly allows for things like large-scale demobilization of US heavy armor.

It also goes hand in hand with his proposed (but aborted) large scale draw down of troops in Europe (to guard against Russia).

His White House national security team were miserable failures who believe crazy, crazy, crazy things.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Israel, Greece, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, (Norway, sorta, and it applies to men and women), Sweden (abolished in 2010), Switzerland, Austria, South Korea, Singapore, Taiwan.

Sure looks like a bunch of third world hellholes lacking education and relying on religious propaganda
    Sweden recently reinstated it starting this summer for both men and women

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Because, at least for my part, I have 0 reason to talk about draft, unless it's immediately relevant to me. Like right now, in this thread. I wasn't even alive 30 years ago, so that's not relevant to me. And kindly don't push an opinion on me that I don't have.

I don't think anyone should be conscripted at all.
    If you're a feminist you automatically subscribe to their views.

Silence is silent approval.

It's 2017, why do we need to expand the number of people in the draft? We already have enough qualified individuals.
    True colors, i love it.

- - - Updated - - -

They can sign up if they wanted to. Equality.
    But men have no choice whether they "wanted to". Not equality.

- - - Updated - - -

So what you're saying is that it would be ok to send of pregnant women and young moms to the battlefield?
    You're saying it's ok to send young dads to the battlefield?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Wow. Talk about moving in the wrong direction.
    People want to have their cake and eat it, too.

Equality is ok for some things, but not for others? Only the things you WANT equality for... Typical liberal attitude.
    Leadsop - Beast Mastery Hunter
    <Godz of War> Sargeras - US

Leadsoprano - Gunnery Trooper
    Leadmello - Kinetic Combat Jedi Shadow
    <Severity Gaming> Prophecy of the Five - US

I can imagine trump trying to enforce a draft for all the war's he wants to start after all the deferments he took.

Deleted
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7028411.html

Wow. Talk about moving in the wrong direction.
    Yes, Equality, it sucks.

Can we just rename this thread to "In which 'Men' make royal asses of themselves, making an 'equality' point that isn't all important, because feminists have caused them to debase themselves."

Because it's far more accurate to the composition of this thread. It's remarkable (not to mention sad, scary, pathetic and so forth) the number of dudes here who let random feminists get under their skin. Holy crap. Did you all have bad experiences with a woman or something?

So many people caring about something so meaningless. I guess that explains how the Gamergate idiocy took on a life of its own though.

Deleted
    Can we just rename this thread to "In which 'Men' make royal asses of themselves, making an 'equality' point that isn't all important, because feminists have caused them to debase themselves."

Because it's far more accurate to the composition of this thread. It's remarkable (not to mention sad, scary, pathetic and so forth) the number of dudes here who let random feminists get under their skin. Holy crap. Did you all have bad experiences with a woman or something?

So many people caring about something so meaningless. I guess that explains how the Gamergate idiocy took on a life of its own though.
    Might aswell rename Gen-OT as a whole then, it's the same thing over and over again, just with a different thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I'm not talking about the right to serve.... I'm talking about the OBLIGATION to serve!!!

AFAIK Israel is the only country, where women are conscripted..
    You think that's because of feminism?

- - - Updated - - -

Give it a minute, they'll explain to you how easily triggered feminists are.

While going into an apoplectic rage any time a thread title is even tangentially related to a feminist topic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Drafts are dumb, but a volunteer army has issues as well. Specifically the general public tends to start to not care what happens to our solders, since "they volunteered".
    Which is as it should be, soldiers don't deserve the glorification they are getting, they are doing a job that is essential to a country but so are doctors/plumbers/garbage collectors, the chances of dying in military service are abysmally small in western countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Men's bodies don't need to recover after their significant other has a child. Men's bodies can't breastfeed a baby. Requesting to keep new fathers home is for emotional reasons, which the Army will not recognize during times of deployments.

Needs of the Military and all.
    We have surplus of baby formula, we can argue about that vs breastfeeding all day, but they'd still be fed at the end of the day. After her recovery time is meant ship her on out with the young fathers. #equality

- - - Updated - - -

Is it wrong to support the feminist ideal of equality? We're just helping them out. Unless we want to call a spade a spade and call feminism what it is, a superiority movement.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    We have surplus of baby formula, we can argue about that vs breastfeeding all day, but they'd still be fed at the end of the day. After her recovery time is meant ship her on out with the young fathers. #equality

- - - Updated - - -

Is it wrong to support the feminist ideal of equality? We're just helping them out. Unless we want to call a spade a spade and call feminism what it is, a superiority movement.
    It's nuanced, PPD -postpartum depression- is pretty common (men can also be affected) so that's something else that can affect deployment. Underlines the need of better mental health care once again.

This is my rifle! This is my gun!
    This is for fighting! This is for fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Just like with the draft now, there would be criteria for drafting women. Note, not all men are eligible to be drafted (unless there is a specific threat level that requires it). It would be the same with women. Pregnant women would, most likely, be restricted. There would probably be minimum age limit so young moms might not see action either.
    New form of draft dodging? Get pregnant! ...kind of kidding.

Anyway, why is this thread about feminism at all? It should be about whether or not we need a draft anymore, or if we do, might there be a better way to do it, etc.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

If anyone has to be conscripted, then women should be conscripted as well.