Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Lightbulb DH get Warglaives. It is time DK get Shadowmourne?

Hello,

I'm asking you all fellow DK's, wouldn't it be wonderful if we also get our Shadowmourne? Of course getting the Frostmourne will be far superior, but the item is not in the game and probably most of you got the Shadowmourne legenday already, in the bank...

Maybe this news about the DH getting their warglaives open us a door to transmog the legendary items, such as our Shadowmourne, Thunderfury or the Sulfuras 2h-mace.

Probably all of this needs to come with a new timewalking-raid event like the "Black Temple" one. If the recycling content (raid-ish-ly speaking) works, we will see more of this things coming into the rest of the classes as well.

What do you think?

shadowmourne should be dk yes... the weapon effect was so sexy with the souls flying around ^^

Deleted
    Would be nice if they gave us a 2h frost skin

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uselessrouge View Post
    shadowmourne should be dk yes... the weapon effect was so sexy with the souls flying around ^^
    Just use soul reaper as unholy, you get the same effect from that.

Deleted
    Wouldn't mind if they added a few more centimetres to Shadowmourne when they make it a dk artefact appearance.

I'd rather have Frostmourne.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

The shadowmourne xmog is already in the game. If you have the legendary you can xmog the Shadow's Edge axe, which is almost identical to Shadowmourne.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmguitar View Post
    The shadowmourne xmog is already in the game. If you have the legendary you can xmog the Shadow's Edge axe, which is almost identical to Shadowmourne.

I'd say there are some drastic changes. They are as much the same in the way a 1980 Ford Taurus and a 2017 Ford Taurus are the same.
    i9 9900K | Aorus Z390 Master | 32GB DDR4 | 2080 Ti | LG-UK650W

Shadowmourne is a lot more in your face and makes Shadow's Edge look plain as fuck. SM is one of the best looking models in game, they did a great job with it. I'm not really happy about DH's getting the glaive transmog to begin with, mostly as it has no history with DH's within WoW as a game, it was a Rogue/Warrior item. I think honestly they should just leave these old Legendaries to bed.

But yeah it is what it is, come 10th anniversary of ICC in a couple of years for sure I think we might see SM as a transmog, and probably only for DK's.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

10+ Year Old Account
    Shadowmourne should go to Bolvar when he finally gets up off that throne (it's gonna happen).

Then when our Deathlord inevitably replaces him as Lich King (at this rate this will also happen), we can wield it.

If we did get shadowmourne it would most likely go to unholy because frost is stuck dual wielding. Unless they want to give us two of them.

Deleted
    If people paid attention during the Frost DK artifact campaign, they'd realise we already have Frostmourne - just in 2 halves. Think how Ice was broken down and reforged into two new Valerian steel longswords in GoT. Therefore, Frostmourne no longer exists.

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Korgarath View Post
    If people paid attention during the Frost DK artifact campaign, they'd realise we already have Frostmourne - just in 2 halves. Think how Ice was broken down and reforged into two new Valerian steel longswords in GoT. Therefore, Frostmourne no longer exists.
    Yes, I realized that change in the history during my adventures as frost DK (I'm mostly Blood DK all the time) but it's always good to dream... I mean, come on! There are already a lot of plotholes in the history of warcraft already, so adding the possibility of looting/wearing Frostmourne/Shadowmourne despite it's a lil kick in our lore is always welcome by the community (specially DK's community).

Now that they are also recycling the Dragons of the Emerald Dream and Kazzak, this surely opens the door into a new transmog dimension.

And hunters get the legendary bow, and rogues the daggers, and all legendary becomes tmogable. No, I don't like the idea of the warglaives becoming transmogable, and I don't want it to go any further.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    And hunters get the legendary bow, and rogues the daggers, and all legendary becomes tmogable. No, I don't like the idea of the warglaives becoming transmogable, and I don't want it to go any further.
    Pretty much a slippery slope at this point.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even find there to be that much of an appeal to older looking weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyhn View Post
    Hello,

I'm asking you all fellow DK's, wouldn't it be wonderful if we also get our Shadowmourne? Of course getting the Frostmourne will be far superior, but the item is not in the game and probably most of you got the Shadowmourne legenday already, in the bank...

Maybe this news about the DH getting their warglaives open us a door to transmog the legendary items, such as our Shadowmourne, Thunderfury or the Sulfuras 2h-mace.

Probably all of this needs to come with a new timewalking-raid event like the "Black Temple" one. If the recycling content (raid-ish-ly speaking) works, we will see more of this things coming into the rest of the classes as well.

What do you think?
    No,

Each class thats eligible to equip a legendary should be able to do this time walking event (and others in future like BT) and be able to get the x mog, I'm a DH main and I think its BS only DHs get them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    Actually, if it's class restricted I don't mind. It don't belive it would be as common to use them as one might think. I would like to be encouraged to complete those old quests. They're adventures on their own, and being rewarded a class restricted transmog item would be a nice reason to do them.

DK: Shadowmourne
    Warr: Thunderfury
    Mage: That firelands staff
    Priest: Ulduar mace
    Hunter: Sunwell bow
    DH: Warglaives
    Rogue: Deathwing daggers

Might not be entirely fair to all classes and specs, but what the hell, why does it always have to be?

Quote Originally Posted by gtgcul8r View Post
    Actually, if it's class restricted I don't mind. It don't belive it would be as common to use them as one might think.
    The argument that everyone would run around with the same legendary was and will always be utter garbage. Just taking a look at my order hall I can see people using all kinds of mogs, most of them looking atrociously bad but people actually chose that despite having easy access to better looking stuff. People tire of their current mog really fast it seems and frankly most of the older legendary weapon look really "meh" by todays standards. The models are lack alot of detail and unless the people use them because they look less over the top (a rare trait these days) most of the pre cata stuff isn't even that desireable in the first place. Why people defend this for some backwards reason is beyond me...

It would be nice, but the reason dh are getting glaives is because theyve only a handful of tmog options for them.