Quote Originally Posted by Crysth View Post
    Maybe if the animation on the shoulders came and went, instead of constantly being present? The helm making me a lighthouse is too much for me (class fantasy of beacon in the darkness, lul?).

I get the red, but it's not a deep enough red for Horde. I think of a more rich color than a peach and pink that's included. Although I do like the LFR purple, but that's such a common color for paladins as it is. But the Alliance blue... mmm, tasty.
    Actually purple really isn't that common for Paladins.

We don't have too many actual tier sets that are purple. Obviously anyone can put together a purple plate transmog but if we're strictly speaking about pallies, we don't have many purple sets.

I think this is the first true purple set actually. The heroic version of T13 is kinda purple and crystal forge is also a very light purple. But the LFR set is a radiant but dark purple. Pretty different

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Actually purple really isn't that common for Paladins.

We don't have too many actual tier sets that are purple. Obviously anyone can put together a purple plate transmog but if we're strictly speaking about pallies, we don't have many purple sets.

I think this is the first true purple set actually. The heroic version of T13 is kinda purple and crystal forge is also a very light purple. But the LFR set is a radiant but dark purple. Pretty different
    Forgive my wording, but I didn't really mean for sets specifically for Paladins only.

Although anecdotal, it's a common color used by people not particularly into transmog, and just want a matching set (*cough* purple Judgement *cough*). Purple or gold are the most common colors I see in the Class Hall or any sort of dungeon/raid with pugs.

Oh, and don't forget we have Soulforge armor for another purple set. Still not a lot though.
    Last edited by Crysth; 2017-04-19 at 01:08 AM.

Forgive my wording, but I didn't really mean for sets specifically for Paladins only.

Although anecdotal, it's a common color used by people not particularly into transmog, and just want a matching set (*cough* purple Judgement *cough*). Purple or gold are the most common colors I see in the Class Hall or any sort of dungeon/raid with pugs.

Oh, and don't forget we have Soulforge armor for another purple set. Still not a lot though.
    There's also the the T10 25 heroic pally set from ICC. That's purple with orange accents.

No I know what you meant, I just meant strictly for pallies and our actual tier sets. This is one of the first tiles in a while it's actually fully purple.

We only actually have like 3-4 sets that are purple and most aren't even a dark purple, or they're purple with other colors and purple isn't the main color.

However, this LFR set matches the challenge mode weapon color for killing KJ. Looks good

Quote Originally Posted by Krek01 View Post
    I'd like that, too, though I think the hardcore PVP scene would throw a massive fit if this were to happen.
    This was under debate some time ago, they did indeed trow a massive fit, because for them elite gear and mythic gear is apparently not the same. And only those who got to 2k rating during that season should have access to elite gear, but going back and farming mythic gear is perfectly ok.

PvPers don't make sense, never has never will. So Blizzard took a 360 on the idea during a couple of hours, and shut it down.

(The idea Blizzard came up with was that if you reached 2k in any season, you could go and buy the elite sets from any season, in other words - if you had a new main in s29 and got to 2k on this new class, you could now go and buy the 28 other sets as well for Marks of Honor)
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe if the animation on the shoulders came and went, instead of constantly being present? The helm making me a lighthouse is too much for me (class fantasy of beacon in the darkness, lul?).

I get the red, but it's not a deep enough red for Horde. I think of a more rich color than a peach and pink that's included. Although I do like the LFR purple, but that's such a common color for paladins as it is. But the Alliance blue... mmm, tasty.
    I've long been of the mind that Tier set design should be progressive, instead of color-based; make all the armor the same design and color, but the flashiness/ornateness of the armor set increases with each successive difficulty in which it's obtained.

LFR is the basic design of the set; Normal, a bit more detailed; Heroic adds 3-D pieces and some details; finally, Mythic gets the fancy particles and finishing pieces. I'd only see the first two until the next expansion anyway, but it makes the most sense to my simple brain.

Quote Originally Posted by yamilonewolf View Post
    Its...its ...beautiful.... what is it?
    That is the paladin tier set from throne of thunder, heroic version i think, LFR one is green ish, and theres a yellow one

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    This was under debate some time ago, they did indeed trow a massive fit, because for them elite gear and mythic gear is apparently not the same. And only those who got to 2k rating during that season should have access to elite gear, but going back and farming mythic gear is perfectly ok.

PvPers don't make sense, never has never will. So Blizzard took a 360 on the idea during a couple of hours, and shut it down.

(The idea Blizzard came up with was that if you reached 2k in any season, you could go and buy the elite sets from any season, in other words - if you had a new main in s29 and got to 2k on this new class, you could now go and buy the 28 other sets as well for Marks of Honor)
    That's fair, I guess. You still have to work for the PVP ranking to get the Elite Gear.

Speaking of, almost have the whole Alliance set for Season 3 pally wear. Just need the gloves and feet now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elkas View Post
    Been using this set for ages. A bit simple, but I keep coming back to it.

Simple, but amazing! I tried it out and I honestly don't want to use anything else atm. I want a patch where they upgraded all the tier sets at least to a higher quality. Even if that's the only thing in the patch lol

Quote Originally Posted by RG7620 View Post
    Simple, but amazing! I tried it out and I honestly don't want to use anything else atm. I want a patch where they upgraded all the tier sets at least to a higher quality. Even if that's the only thing in the patch lol
    World of Warcraft, The Upgraded Tier Set

^next expansion
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    No I know what you meant, I just meant strictly for pallies and our actual tier sets. This is one of the first tiles in a while it's actually fully purple.

We only actually have like 3-4 sets that are purple and most aren't even a dark purple, or they're purple with other colors and purple isn't the main color.

However, this LFR set matches the challenge mode weapon color for killing KJ. Looks good
    Yeah, you have a point. Purple is definitely the secondary color of the palette usually. I'll actually be farming this set, since it looks so good. Glad this set is a rich purple, not some light lavender color (like the Shaman T19 LFR palette).

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post

That's strange. The Elite set from the last two seasons (Legion Season 1 and 2) outright state that you must have earned the rating during those seasons. I haven't looked at the sets from WoD (I think I've been to Ashran once since WoD?) to see what those sets say.

If you can go back and buy them all... brb, learning to not suck at pvp.
    Last edited by Crysth; 2017-04-19 at 06:15 PM.

I have two favorites:

1:

and 2:

Yeah, you have a point. Purple is definitely the secondary color of the palette usually. I'll actually be farming this set, since it looks so good. Glad this set is a rich purple, not some light lavender color (like the Shaman T19 LFR palette).

That's strange. The Elite set from the last two seasons (Legion Season 1 and 2) outright state that you must have earned the rating during those seasons. I haven't looked at the sets from WoD (I think I've been to Ashran once since WoD?) to see what those sets say.

If you can go back and buy them all... brb, learning to not suck at pvp.
    No you can't, they went back on it the same night they released the idea. But it was in the middle of the night, so no one but some NA PvPers replied to it with cries about how unfair it would be.

That's so silly, then. PvP'ers get mounts and titles that have to be earned during the season, and can't be gotten by going back and farming when it's much easier. Meanwhile, you can go back to previous expansions and farm up mounts and mogs from previous raids (there's a few mounts that cannot be gotten anymore, but most jsut have low drop rates). Salt... rising... Sigh, oh well. I should still go get good at pvp.

That's so silly, then. PvP'ers get mounts and titles that have to be earned during the season, and can't be gotten by going back and farming when it's much easier. Meanwhile, you can go back to previous expansions and farm up mounts and mogs from previous raids (there's a few mounts that cannot be gotten anymore, but most jsut have low drop rates). Salt... rising... Sigh, oh well. I should still go get good at pvp.
    I too think it's silly, but I can see how hardcore PVP'ers might counter the idea.

In PVE, you can get past armor sets with relative ease (in Mythics can be done solo if left long enough), but PVP will almost always be more difficult.

A sort of prestige, I guess.

You people forget the elite sets are cosmetic only and not a stat reward like mythic gear is, so there's no comparing them. Mythic gear is necessary to progress in mythic raids, elite gear isn't necessary to progress in PvP.

A closer comparison would be how they make mythic only mounts a 1% or less drop chance after the expansion is over, but not quite.
    An other reason elite gear should stay as a reward for the specific season only is the prestige and the reward for the player at that specific point in time where the classes work in a specific way and the comps are the way they are. People can look at that season's elite gear and say "wow, that guy played the bottom of the barrel spec and still made it". If you could buy it any time that reward is watered down.
    Another reason is that PvP doesn't really give many rewards. At 2k you get the elite gear, at 2.2k you get the tabard and at 2.4 you get the illusion enchant. Other than that, there's only the Gladiator title which very few people get. PvPers need something to work for, something that's time limited.
    Mythic raiders on the other hand get gear that is more powerful than anything else and makes them stronger in the whole rest of the game. So please, stop comparing the two, it's not the same AT ALL and it takes away from your whole argument.
    If you wanted the elite gear you should have gotten it while it was available. You rerolled or didn't play back then? Tough luck, there's other items in the game that are not available anymore either. I'm not seeing any outrage about bringing Corrupted Ashbringer back from naxx40 like some of you are going on about the elite sets.

There's several sets I missed out on for various reasons (The last Cata season elite set comes to mind where I was 4 rating away from 2.2k when the team was disbanded by the team owner after a nerd rage and I got demotivated to get the rating again) but that doesn't mean I should be able to buy the set now. It would cheapen the reward for the guys who actually got it.
    Last edited by Cariboulou; 2017-04-19 at 11:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Deleted
    I would compare Elite PvP sets to CM armor and weapons, not Mythic raid gear.

Now on the topic of the Cruel Gladiator sets: I am loving the Horde recolour.
    The creamy colours look really odd, but match the Thalassian Charger mount, and the reds are the same as on the Blood Knight or Thrallmar tabards.
    Skyhold Claymore and Forgotten Champion's Blade are nicely matching it for weapons.
    (Or HC Starshatter with a Vol'jin's Spear Tabard - both are red-ish, and have the same green accents)

Quote Originally Posted by Cariboulou View Post
    You people forget the elite sets are cosmetic only and not a stat reward like mythic gear is, so there's no comparing them. Mythic gear is necessary to progress in mythic raids, elite gear isn't necessary to progress in PvP.

A closer comparison would be how they make mythic only mounts a 1% or less drop chance after the expansion is over, but not quite.
    An other reason elite gear should stay as a reward for the specific season only is the prestige and the reward for the player at that specific point in time where the classes work in a specific way and the comps are the way they are. People can look at that season's elite gear and say "wow, that guy played the bottom of the barrel spec and still made it". If you could buy it any time that reward is watered down.
    Another reason is that PvP doesn't really give many rewards. At 2k you get the elite gear, at 2.2k you get the tabard and at 2.4 you get the illusion enchant. Other than that, there's only the Gladiator title which very few people get. PvPers need something to work for, something that's time limited.
    Mythic raiders on the other hand get gear that is more powerful than anything else and makes them stronger in the whole rest of the game. So please, stop comparing the two, it's not the same AT ALL and it takes away from your whole argument.
    If you wanted the elite gear you should have gotten it while it was available. You rerolled or didn't play back then? Tough luck, there's other items in the game that are not available anymore either. I'm not seeing any outrage about bringing Corrupted Ashbringer back from naxx40 like some of you are going on about the elite sets.

There's several sets I missed out on for various reasons (The last Cata season elite set comes to mind where I was 4 rating away from 2.2k when the team was disbanded by the team owner after a nerd rage and I got demotivated to get the rating again) but that doesn't mean I should be able to buy the set now. It would cheapen the reward for the guys who actually got it.
    We weren't saying to have access to it while it's still THAT season's reward, or even the season after. But the fact you can go back for the cosmetic look of Mythic raiding gear after the content is relevant begs the question, why can't you do it for the older PvP seasons? The prestige has now shifted to the new seasons, just as the prestige has shifted to the new raid content. If you are concerned with watering down a reward, then Mythic and Heroic raid sets should be cut off after the end of the expansion too. That reward was earned while it was relevant, do not sully that prestige. Turnabout is fair play, and all that jazz.

Higher difficulty raiding gear being stronger is no longer as potent of an argument with the advent of Titanforging. Higher difficulty only gives a higher starting ilvl for the item to proc. Since you can do only WQs, LFR, and mythic 0's, and (with the luck of a god) get gear equal to or better than Mythic, it now can be viewed as only being a cosmetic set (which is how I view it, as someone that does the content). But these sets don't hold their prestige because you can come back next expansion (or this expansion, depending on how we scale) and farm them. Also, I don't farm previous expansions' raids for stat upgrades. ToT doesn't hold anything for me except cosmetics.

As for mounts and titles, there are some easily farmed PvP rewards (such as the Vicious saddles, and RBG titles). Just as there are easily farmed PvE mounts (Nightbane), and these are made easier over the course of an expansion with gear, since PvE content remains static. The difference is that for the high ranking PvP titles (rival, duelist, glad), you have to earn those now. You cannot go back and get them. Meanwhile, you can go back and get all old PvE titles at any time, barring the titles that were already limited (server first titles, for example, which have been gotten rid of for nearing 8-ish years). Glad mounts can never be gotten once the rewards are given out, while you can go farm mounts from bosses in previous expansions. Hell, Plagued Protodrake and ZG mounts, which had access cut off for a few expansions, can be bought off the BMAH, though for absurd amounts, I'm sure. Why not the Glad mounts? Off the top of my head, there are more seasons worth of glad mounts unavailable than PvE mounts no longer obtainable from any means. Even if you add in BMAH only mounts, Glad has more.

You're pretending we are in an outrage over something, when we really aren't. It's something we'd like, sure. Just like it'd be nice to get Atiesh or, for some, Corrupted Ashbringer and other items. But "outrage"? Nah. My only argument is let us go back and get older stuff from most/all sources, especially if the content is obsolete. Raid mounts have stupid low drop rates? Make Elite gear or mounts cost stupid amounts of Marks of Honor (I'd drop tons of Marks for a set, maybe even a gold cost too).
    Last edited by Crysth; 2017-04-20 at 12:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    All I am going to say is that it sucks to have stuff removed. I don't like it regardless of how 'hard' it is whether it be for PVP or PVE. This game is over ten years old and that luster of prestige has kinda worn off.

Anyways, I got the LFR ToV set! I love it so much. I gotta find a spear to match it. I also forgot how much I missed mogit. Already my love for xmog has come flooding back now that it's been updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Humans Paladins don't have "a lot of lore" behind them.