Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Odd things happen in politics. Trump should not have won according to just about all the experts.
    Trumps win was easily within the margin of error, but yeah I'm not saying a win is impossible or anything, it's just not likely and never was, but Osoff doing as well as he has is already basically a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni85 View Post
    A runoff is the most likely scenario, always has been I'll be shocked if he manages to pull out a win here, but this district really shouldn't even be competitive.
    Every district SHOULD be competitive. The voters should constantly be learning and making their party evolve. The candidate should be the best and the competition fierce.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joni85 View Post
    Trumps win was easily within the margin of error, but yeah I'm not saying a win is impossible or anything, it's just not likely and never was, but Osoff doing as well as he has is already basically a win.
    Actually some of the states he won were not. Ohio being a good example. Last polls showed them almost tied. Or within 1% points if I remember right. Trump won by 8 points. But I do agree this does give the democrats some hope. But they should not get overly excited about it. But they will if he wins.

Actually some of the states he won were not. Ohio being a good example. Last polls showed them almost tied. Or within 1% points if I remember right. Trump won by 8 points. But I do agree this does give the democrats some hope. But they should not get overly excited about it. But they will if he wins.
    Well yeah, if you look at states with large differences you can make that conclusion. But if he had something like .5% less votes in just 4 states, he would have lost. There were 5 states with basically razor thin differences, and 4 of them went for Trump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Well yeah, if you look at states with large differences you can make that conclusion. But if he had something like .5% less votes in just 4 states, he would have lost. There were 5 states with basically razor thin differences, and 4 of them went for Trump.
    That is one way to look at it. But you have to admit, a lot of people were shocked he won. Including myself. lol.

That is one way to look at it. But you have to admit, a lot of people were shocked he won. Including myself. lol.
    Were?

I still am.
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Were?

I still am.
    Lol! good one.

7+ Year Old Account
    48.6% with 84% of reporting

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems there's gonna be a runoff, but it's not good news for Republicans.

Counting votes for other candidates, there's a small Democrat lead in what is usually a very strongly red district.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Every other democratic candidate had something like less than .3% of the vote. Based on the numbers I saw, assuming who ever voted republican will vote for Karen, she would win. It was a good try.

Trump called this a big R win.

Fucking lol. This isn't a big win for Republicans; it's a big disaster for them. They narrowly avoided losing a very conservative district. This is a wake-up call.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка

Fucking lol. This isn't a big win for Republicans; it's a big disaster for them. They narrowly avoided losing a very conservative district. This is a wake-up call.
    Can't he still win in the run-off?
    As extremist as the repubs are, I can a bunch of them not voting for a Woman.

Ossof still has a good chance to win in June.
    Especially since most Republicans never liked women in public office much anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Can't he still win in the run-off?
    As extremist as the repubs are, I can a bunch of them not voting for a Woman.
    With 48%, a win in the runoff is highly likely, considering some Democrat votes were also funneled to other candidates. Don't forget that Trump basically spins anything as a win. He's lost millions in lawsuits before and tried to spin them as a win for himself in some way.

And yes, that's part of the reason the votes are split. I live near this area, and often pass through it. I also live in an area that's essentially the same as one of the counties in the district. Rural, white, Christian, and "women belong in the home". Those very rural conservatives are going to have to decide if electing a woman is better than electing a Democrat.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    With 48%, a win in the runoff is highly likely, considering some Democrat votes were also funneled to other candidates. Don't forget that Trump basically spins anything as a win. He's lost millions in lawsuits before and tried to spin them as a win for himself in some way.

And yes, that's part of the reason the votes are split. I live near this area, and often pass through it. I also live in an area that's essentially the same as one of the counties in the district. Rural, white, Christian, and "women belong in the home". Those very rural conservatives are going to have to decide if electing a woman is better than electing a Democrat.
    Our crazy religious party handles it better, they just don't put any woman on the candidate list!
    Smart thinking, SGP(Calvinist political party in English).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Ossof still has a good chance to win in June.
    Especially since most Republicans never liked women in public office much anyway.
    He could. But he still has a uphill battle. The republicans had to split their votes among 11 candidates. Having the run off on June the 20th helps the GOP actually. The women in office thing is dying out, even among the deep south GOP. Time will tell.

10+ Year Old Account

millions of dollars and names like Samuel L. Jackson, Chelsea Handler, John Leguizamo, and George Takei couldn't get them a win. it's a disaster alright, but not for the republicans
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    millions of dollars and names like Samuel L. Jackson, Chelsea Handler, John Leguizamo, and George Takei couldn't get them a win. it's a disaster alright, but not for the republicans
    You guys have the strangest definitions of what disasters are.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    You're pretty delusional if you think that this wasn't a disaster for the Republicans. Republicans collectively outspent him, by the way.

But if this is a prelude to 2018, then I'll be thanking people like you who couldn't read the writing on the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're pretty delusional if you think that this wasn't a disaster for the Republicans. Republicans collectively outspent him, by the way.

But if this is a prelude to 2018, then I'll be thanking people like you who couldn't read the writing on the wall.
    Correct me if im wrong, but what I get from this thread, that seat has always been held by really conservative folk, right?
    That'd be like if a progressive/non-conservative party won the local elections in Urk(our most religious town/village) or hell.. even if they got 1 single seat[in Urk] it'd be a huge upset.
    Last edited by JohnBrown1917; 2017-04-19 at 03:59 PM.