Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeverin View Post
    Alex Jones playing a... 'character'
    What is surprising to me is that anyone actually though Jones' schtick was serious and not just ratings fodder. I mean...really...no one that unbalanced in real life would be where he is.

Alex Jones doesn't worry me...what worries me is the people who believe him and think he's legit because they think the same way. That's a whooooooole lot of mental illness bubbling under the surface of the populace.

Quote Originally Posted by Docturphil View Post
    Umm... not really. It's just a metaphor for a physical feature. Within a certain context it could be racist, but what you just described by itself is not racist. It's not racist any more than "vanilla", "ginger", "ebony", or "ivory".
    Just like the N-word is just a bastardized version of "negro" which is just a description of their skin, right?

And that "certain context" you're talking about? Would a powerful white man, who is known to be a racist, misogynist asshole, calling a black woman "hot chocolate" be racist in context?

Answer is still yes.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-04-19 at 05:05 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Tbh even if Bill goes. What if someone even worse comes along.
    FOX is having a bit of a PR crisis -- I think they'll make a pretty deliberate choice to put someone who won't give them headaches in that slot. Probably a woman, and probably someone more mainstream (but still conservative). Just my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    It's subjective, I guess. A black girl I was with for a little while didn't seem to mind when i used that phrase. Once she looked at me when i said that, did the head shake side-to-side thing, and said " damn right". I lol'ed so hard, and then we .... .
    I have a black friend who told me pretty much from the get-go that he loves it when people say incredibly offensive things to him cause he finds it hilarious. The humor comes from the fact that me or his other close friends being racist toward him is satirical. He knows that none of actually mean it when we say those kinds of things, and that is what's what's funny about it.

Bill O'Reilly? Yeah, it's not a joke from him.
    Last edited by Krigaren; 2017-04-19 at 05:06 PM.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    I'm sure he will go on vacation until this blows over, unless he's really guilty then he should be fired.
    It's at this point where I don't know if you're being facetious. He just went on vacation right after the latest wave of allegations to spend time with his family on the easter holiday.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

15+ Year Old Account
    Hot chocolate? That's "KKK member, cotton planation owner" tier racist!

15+ Year Old Account
    I sure wish people would stop watching the msm so people like bim and those on the left wouls go homeless. Yes they'd have a small following on the internet, but they wouldn't make enough money for their lavish lifestyle anymore.

Ahh the good old days when some of us had a sense of humour. Hang on, is this even racist? I mean its a black guy saying it "satirically" and I mean, hes black. Those guys can't be racist. That hot chocolate comment though, pretty fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The news said Fox has had to pay various women $30 million dollars to go away. He's an expensive cash cow, but if the advertisers start pulling out of his show it's over.
    He's lost almost all of his advertisers over the last two weeks.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/maddieb.../#6cd359aa7987

Until only a few days ago, the word "invincible" was often associated with Fox News' ratings king Bill O'Reilly. Now, his future at the cable news network--his home since 1996--is much less certain.

Sixty companies have pulled advertisements from O'Reilly's show following an April 1 report by the New York Times that detailed five settlements totaling $13 million made by him or Fox News in response to allegations of sexual harassment or other inappropriate behavior. (O'Reilly denies all allegations.)

Just the day after the report came out, news emerged that despite these settlements, his $18.5 million contract was renewed.

While the network may be standing by O'Reilly, advertisers aren't. Mercedes-Benz was the first company to relocate its ads on April 3, with a spokesperson saying "The allegations are disturbing and, given the importance of women in every aspect of our business, we don’t feel this is a good environment in which to advertise our products right now."

Mercedes-Benz
    Mitsubishi
    Hyundai
    Lexus
    BMW of North America
    Constant Contact
    Ainsworth Pet Nutrition
    UNTUCKit
    Allstate
    T. Rowe Price
    GlaxoSmithKline
    Sanofi
    Credit Karma
    Wayfair
    TrueCar
    Rollins, Inc
    Bayer
    Esurance
    Society for Human Resource Management
    Coldwell Banker
    The Wonderful Company
    H&R Block
    Weather Tech
    BambooHR
    Jenny Craig
    Ancestry
    Subaru
    Old Dominion Freight Line
    Amica Insurance
    LegalZoom
    CarfFax
    Invisalign
    Pacific Life
    VisionWorks
    Stanley Steemer
    Eli Lilly and Company
    Allstar Products Group
    Advil/Pfizer
    Propane Council
    Reddi Wip
    GoodRX
    Southern New Hampshire University
    Touchnote
    BeenVerified
    Consumer Cellular
    MilelQ
    Peloton
    Infiniti
    Land Rover
    Next Day Blinds
    Pfizer
    Jaguar
    Voya
    Mahindra
    Allergan
    Moberg Pharma AB
    Mattress Firm
    Angie's List
    Laser Spine Institute
    Ring

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn that's a lot of advertisers pulling away.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like its official. Word on the street is that he wont even be getting a "good bye" show.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    http://money.cnn.com/2017/04/18/medi...y-fights-back/

Amid a flurry of accusations of sexual assaults, it seems Fox is weighing its options on parting ways with O'Reilly. It comes in light of a new claim of sexual harassment by a woman who claims O'Reilly made suggestive gestures at her and called her "hot chocolate", adding racism to the allegations.

Coming from a source who continues to remain anonymous for her own protection, this might seem like just someone wanting to gain fame, but it comes in the wake of a previous sexual assault charge, and we now know that since 2004, O'Reilly and Fox News have paid a collective $13 million in settlements to women for accusations of assault and harassment.

Of course a settlement doesn't mean he was found guilty of any of the charges, but considering how hard it is to get a guilty verdict from mere accusations alone, the fact that O'Reilly and Fox settled, rather than fighting it, seems suspect enough.

Yes yes, we know, "Innocent til proven guilty!" "Settlement doesn't mean guilty!" That's all very well known. But again, echoing sentiments made by Fox News viewers in the past pertaining to other cases against people they don't like, settling out of court rather than maintaining a pure reputation on what would be easy wins if the allegations were false, is enough to suspect. Add to that the fact that Megyn Kelly among many other women at Fox have commented and complained about unwanted advances from O'Reilly in the past.
    Regardless of guilt or innocence, there are realities to his age. Surely it can't be worth the bad PR, valid or not, to fight to keep him on the air for just a few more years.

I personally kind of like his show, and the format. But, in recent months and years, he has lost the ability to not interrupt his guests, negating the whole point of having panels made up of left and right views.

He has also become a caricature of what Liberals think Conservatives think. He doesn't really have an understanding of actual Conservatism, he is just old and grumpy about change of any kind. (definition meaning #1, instead of #2)

I do still like how he covers small stories more, and Washington insider stories only when they are big deals. In short, everything I got out of his show, I can now get out of Tucker Carlson's show. Congrats to Tucker, on getting Big Bill's time slot, in a released statement coming soon!
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-04-19 at 05:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Congrats to Tucker, on getting Big Bill's time slot, in a released statement coming soon!
    Nah, they will give it to that shit boy Hannity. Hes been there longer than the Tuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I sure wish people would stop watching the msm so people like bim and those on the left wouls go homeless. Yes they'd have a small following on the internet, but they wouldn't make enough money for their lavish lifestyle anymore.
    You are calling for an end to TV news? Or something? What exactly do you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Nah, they will give it to that shit boy Hannity. Hes been there longer than the Tuck.
    Nah, he is too partisan for an early time slot (or to watch at all imo). It's all about the ratings, not seniority. Tucker's ratings are staggering for a new show. If seniority was the deal, Hannity would have had Megyn Kelly's slot after she left, or heck, even before she had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    LOL - Bill O'Reilly being let go from Fox is about as possible as Hillary Clinton winning the 2016 election.

It has been fucking hilarious watching the usual suspects in the MSM try to take down O'Reilly and Fox. they are as feckless and laughable as their dipshit leader Obama was. Just pathetic.

Bullshit - he lost over 20 advertisers last week and his rating did not take a hit at all. In fact, they went up.

#1 for over 16 straight years.
    I've found since Trump became president, most posts like this usually lead into the exact opposite happening.

Ignorance breeds ignorance after all. Lul.

If you have to so vehemently defend something over, and over, and over again, I think the problem lies far more inward than the "fake liberal news media".
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Does Kil'jeaden thing and summons legion cruisers of popcorn*
    You face not Orville Redenbacher alone, but the legions I command!
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Doesn't Hannity already have his own show?

If so, then the question is who is going to replace Hannity. At some point they'll have a hole to fill and it'll be interesting (and telling) to see who they put in there.
    Seth MacFarlene also already had one show...then he had another one...then a movie...then another show...then another couple movies. So yeah, Hannity can totally MacFarlene FNC primetime.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    FOX is having a bit of a PR crisis -- I think they'll make a pretty deliberate choice to put someone who won't give them headaches in that slot. Probably a woman, and probably someone more mainstream (but still conservative). Just my guess.
    And blonde, don't forget blonde.
    /\ Was this sarcasm? Are you sure?
    || Read it again, I'll wait.
    || The results may surprise you.

Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Just like the N-word is just a bastardized version of "negro" which is just a description of their skin, right?

And that "certain context" you're talking about? Would a powerful white man, who is known to be a racist, misogynist asshole, calling a black woman "hot chocolate" be racist in context?

Answer is still yes.
    Even the use of the taboo word "nigger" really depends on context. It's all about the context. There is no word that exists which automatically makes you racist merely by saying it.

LOL - Bill O'Reilly being let go from Fox is about as possible as Hillary Clinton winning the 2016 election.

It has been fucking hilarious watching the usual suspects in the MSM try to take down O'Reilly and Fox. they are as feckless and laughable as their dipshit leader Obama was. Just pathetic.

Bullshit - he lost over 20 advertisers last week and his rating did not take a hit at all. In fact, they went up.

Can we all point and laugh at this post? Yes. Let's. Let's laugh at every single line.

Turns out there were no deplorables to save your guy this time!

You mean advertisers. Fox is in the business of making money you know.

Try 60, as of last week. It's probably more now. List above.

And done in because he's yet another low class dude who can't keep his fly zipped up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    You are calling for an end to TV news? Or something? What exactly do you mean?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, he is too partisan for an early time slot (or to watch at all imo). It's all about the ratings, not seniority. Tucker's ratings are staggering for a new show. If seniority was the deal, Hannity would have had Megyn Kelly's slot after she left, or heck, even before she had it.
    99% of all media is not for for purpose right now. All i want is who what when where and why. If you must tell me your opinion, make a separate article or something.