Poll: What's your decision ?

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sort of agreed, the game is now fun again with flying enabled.

The world is not threatening whatsoever with the mobs being an absolute pushover with no risk or danger of getting killed by them and through ridiculous terrain in every single zone that's attempting to artificially make them look bigger, non flying ends up being simply a frustrating gaming experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I agree. But people are still finding a way to cry about this whole thing it seems Jay. You SHOULD work to unlock things in a video game. Don't like it then don't do it. Flying is purely optional.
    Except nobody is saying they want flying upon immediately login into an expansion but screw reality huh.... People are happy working towards flying be it doing the levelling requirements or a few achievements BUT people are unhappy having to wait over half a year to work towards it. Part 1 took 2 months max then we had 6 months of unnecessary waiting for Part 2

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Not only that, flying is not REQUIRED to do anything in this game. It was a novelty in TBC it was a cool feature of TBC and it perpetuated for awhile, but not all features should continue perpetually into further expansions.

Let. Flying. Die.
    No you need to either accept flying is part of WoW and has been for 11 years or go play one of the other MMORPGs that don't have flying

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connll View Post
    I am of the same opinion. I haven´t bought Legion due to no-flight (that 2-part achievement being so obnoxiously big, being 2-parts, and part 2 being SEVERAL MONTHS away from the first was an insult), and have postponed buying it AGAIN, due to rumors I heard about Argus (the new zone in 7.3) being a no-flight zone.
    You are easily insulted

You may want to work on that moving forward

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the compromise they struck with the playerbase is the right direction. You want flying?, well you're gonna work for it.
    The problem now days is that some players do not want to work for it, they want it handed to them on a silver platter.. I would say they are in a way the dole bludger of the WoW playerbase.. (dole bludger is an Australian term for someone who lives off of government welfare payments and does their level best to not find a job..)
    We got immensely spoiled from TBC to MoP where we just paid gold for it and went cool ok I got flying and that was it..
    The trouble with that model is that it has been so ingrained into some of the playerbase that any change to it that they go into torch and pitchfork mode..

To give you an idea of the term bludger..

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bludger

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    You have been, indeed, insulted

the WoW devs may want to work on that moving forward, if they want to keep you playing their game
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigenari View Post
    Tl;dr:
    Scenario A) Flying is enabled. You can just choose not to fly. Everybody gets what they want.
    Scenario B) Flying is disabled. You can still choose not to fly, per your wishes. I can't. Only one of us gets what they want.
    If the game includes some sort of tool that makes it much easier/quicker/simpler then ignoring it is an illusory choice. Blizz knows that most players will gravitate towards the "best" way to complete their objectives even if it isn't the most enjoyable, so including flying means they have to balance and pace the game around players using flying.

When you look at it that way, the whole no flying argument really is pretty selfish.
    I don't think it's entirely accurate to call people "selfish" for preferring the game designed a certain way, I'd like to solo grind all the latest Mythic gear but I don't consider it "selfish" of other players to expect a meaningful challenge for 20 players. I'd also like heroic dungeons to have a difficulty close to Cataclysm or TBC but I don't consider other players "selfish" for expecting a relatively easy experience. I'd like the game to have more of a challenging open world with more of the "RP features" that have slowly been removed, but I don't call people "selfish" if they prefer a convenient experience where they can achieve some sort of progress in a limited time frame.

TL~DR lots of different people want lots of different things from the game but there's no point in calling others names just because it isn't currently going your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    A simple pathfinder like i posted above would be a lot better imo

complete all zones major questlines
    explore all zones
    complete some max level questline
    That's essentially what had to be done in FF14's Heavensward expansion. Complete the main quests (which tied into dungeons during the leveling process) and find all the aether currents by exploring the zones and you were set. Course, the world in that game is divided up in to separate zones, so they are able to go about it in such a manner because of that. I mean, it would be weird as hell flying from, say, Durotar into Barrens only to find your mount suddenly forgets how to fly while in mid air...

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    If the flying model is so great why is everything not done this way? Oh you want to do a 5 man? Here, wait 6 months because its locked behind pointless grinds and time gates! Raiding? Oh, here is another 6 months!
    Because flying is the way you approach content, not the content itself.

If you think about it though, making 5-mans and raids easier does follow a similar pattern to Pathfinder making world content easier. If you use whatever catch-up mechanics to get geared later in the expansion you will be able to complete the earlier dungeons and raids a lot easier, or if you wait a few years and grind your way through the next couple of expansions you will be able to face-roll them with little to no hassle!

So yeah, if you think waiting 8 months is bad remember I had to wait over 4 years and level through Pandaria and Draenor before I got to fight Mythic Nefarion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    Most people don't have a problem working for something in a video game. However, where a lot of people draw a line is having to re-earn something again and again that they already long ago earned. Having to jump through hoops again and again with long waits to use something you already had is pretty unacceptable for a lot of people.
    There's two ways of looking at this.

Either you're not having to re-earn anything as the Pathfinder only unlocks flight in the latest content - if you learned how to fly in Northrend then you can still fly in Northrend. Ditto with Outland, Pandaria and Draenor.

Or you had to re-earn flying in every expansion (except Cataclysm) by "jumping through hoops" and leveling to the new cap, so Pathfinder isn't changing the fact that they take away what you worked for, it's just changing the work you have to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    You are easily insulted

You may want to work on that moving forward
    Someone feeling insulted is actually pretty mild for this topic, in other threads there have been claims that Blizz is acting like an abusive partner or shady con-man over their attitude towards the functionality of internet dragons.

flying takes a lot challenge out of the game, i'd be happy if they release it very late into the expansion

I don't mind how the new system is. My biggest complaint is going from having flying then all of a sudden blizz steps in and says "oh hai guys, flying is going away". Taking stuff away from the game that we already had and was in place sucks. Instead of pathfinder I'd prefer to just having flying once you hit max level because at that point you have already done most of the quests in every zone and "explored" every zone fully.

While I do think this stretching it out as long as possible before letting us fly is petty, it won't stop me buying.
    They want us to "experience" the game, the grounded experience as it was meant to be.
    Sure, we did that.
    Again, and again, and again, and again.
    No amount of repetition is going to make someone enjoy that experience if they didn't the first time.

I think the compromise they struck with the playerbase is the right direction. You want flying?, well you're gonna work for it.
    If only that was the model they actually used.
    It isn't.
    It is about artificially stretching out the process, adding in even more repetition of the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger84 View Post
    flying takes a lot challenge out of the game, i'd be happy if they release it very late into the expansion
    Only if you let it.
    The content functions without flying, so do it without flying if you please.
    Seems to be a lot of fuss over what other people do.
    If you want a challenge, go seek it.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-04-19 at 06:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    The salty replies are because the OP is salty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    For me No flying on max level = no buying AT ALL, i can accept it for being restricted to max level, but no more grinding for something that Blizzard announcing it as a feature while it was baseline, let me enjoy the content at my pace and the way i want it.
    Cheers mate. I'm glad Blizzard finally pulled back in legion on the whole "Everyone gets a participation trophy" nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    While I do think this stretching it out as long as possible before letting us fly is petty, it won't stop me buying.
    They want us to "experience" the game, the grounded experience as it was meant to be.
    Sure, we did that.
    Again, and again, and again, and again.
    No amount of repetition is going to make someone enjoy that experience if they didn't the first time.

If only that was the model they actually used.
    It isn't.
    It is about artificially stretching out the process, adding in even more repetition of the experience.

Only if you let it.
    The content functions without flying, so do it without flying if you please.
    Seems to be a lot of fuss over what other people do.
    If you want a challenge, go seek it.
    Alright, gonna paint this in the most simple of terms for you. So pay attention.

If there is a bike race, that allows runners. How many people do you imagine are going to pick running over biking?

This tired ass argument of "Well then just ground mount" Doesn't apply in a competitive game. Unless Blizzard actually plans to integrate flying into the zones in a meaningful way, pro-flyers are just lazy people who want to beat the game faster so they have more time to whine on the forums about how there's nothing to do.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

I would be more disappointed if it was available from release. I'm the sort that would've preferred they stuck to their guns in WoD and never re-introduced flying for future expansions, but this is a good compromise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie-rara View Post
    I would be more disappointed if it was available from release. I'm the sort that would've preferred they stuck to their guns in WoD and never re-introduced flying for future expansions, but this is a good compromise.
    A common trend I see in the pro-flying community is "I hate the game and I want flying so I can do the things I hate faster"

The worst thing Blizzard ever did, was start listening to the community, because the community is garbage.
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    For me No flying on max level = no buying AT ALL, i can accept it for being restricted to max level, but no more grinding for something that Blizzard announcing it as a feature while it was baseline, let me enjoy the content at my pace and the way i want it.
    Well seeing as how they said they like how it is currently and that's how it's going to be for the future uhh bye? Go feel entitled in a "better game" or something. Less people clogging servers for a week during launch. Fine with me and people who actually play the game
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sastank View Post
    Well seeing as how they said they like how it is currently and that's how it's going to be for the future uhh bye? Go feel entitled in a "better game" or something. Less people clogging servers for a week during launch. Fine with me and people who actually play the game
    The only better game I am aware of is FFonline, and I don't think they even have flying?

Edit: They do, but you have to work for it like in wow

i dont need flying to enjoy games

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    i dont need flying to enjoy games
    You are right, you can enjoy Diablo without flying....

ps : don't post such dumby posts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    If the flying model is so great why is everything not done this way? Oh you want to do a 5 man? Here, wait 6 months because its locked behind pointless grinds and time gates! Raiding? Oh, here is another 6 months!
    It sort of is if you count the 1 year gap between the final patch of an xpac and whatever is next.