Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yea please remove it. Especially if your ads still manage to somehow pop up anyways

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Then there are a few possibilities. You are lying. You have a form of ad blocking being run. You don't know what an ad is. The code for the site contains ads.

I guess your country could have a requirement for content filters but there are ads on the site.

- - - Updated - - -

There should just be a notice that displays in place of some of the ads. Wowhead has it set up like this. It isn't as intrusive as the pop-up bar but still gets the point across. The banner ads at the top of the page would be perfect for such a replacement to pop up when ad-blocking is detected.
    https://ibb.co/cMQ9o5
    https://ibb.co/enJvT5

no adds, site is white-listed/adblock disabled on this page

adblock is the only add blocking extension I use
    Last edited by swiftowner; 2017-04-19 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrotosTheTank View Post
    I'm almost curious to try whitelisting for fun. I want to see how the site runs, because as it stands the only site worse than Wowhead is the official Blizz site. How the fuck are those two sites so damn slow?
    I occasionally unblock MMO-C (as I do many sites because I like the model where I only pay for content using a tiny bit of my attention) but it is absolutely atrocious, especially if you want to read multiple tabs.

I was seeing this also earlier this morning (between the past 1-2 hours). Would show up every time I changed pages, even if I clicked on close. Currently running ABP but will give ublock a try.

Most of the whiners here should really adress this issue to the producer of their adblocker.

The whitelist pop-up is caused by the 3.party application you use, not this site.

When the homepage doesn't have 64 ads, i'll stop.

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    Most of the whiners here should really adress this issue to the producer of their adblocker.

The whitelist pop-up is caused by the 3.party application you use, not this site.
    Except it's not.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post

Did you missed chaud's post, apologizing for the pop-up displaying too often?

I will keep running my adblocker. Too many ads, too much garbage, I am not putting up with it.

You can just use Brave. No adds, and no adblocker.

This forum is reason I installed an Ad Blocker, reasons were two fold.

1) God awful response time

2) Continuously would eat your posts before you were finished and hit "Post Reply"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Is it possible to block the whitelist notification somehow? This site and wowhead are why I use Adblock in the first place.

Deleted

Untill you (mmoc) get your shit together, and stop subscribing to adverts that are intrusive, none relative and potentially filled with malware then there is zero chance I will white list you.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Is it possible to block the whitelist notification somehow? This site and wowhead are why I use Adblock in the first place.
    uBlock removes it.

It'll be a cold day in hell before I stop using adblock. Find another way to support your site.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Got the pop up even with Ublock Orgin and Adblock Plus, but after I hit close it has not popped up again so it is not that bad. There is no way I am disabling my adblocks though. Just this thread alone has 18 ads blocked, and the homepage is at 40(15 on adblock plus and 25 from ublock orgin).

Quote Originally Posted by Astalnar View Post
    You can just use Brave. No adds, and no adblocker.
    Enlighten me, what is this Brave? No ads while no adblockers sounds kinda like opposites of whats possible.

I use Ublock Origins, and sadly, it doesn't make you immune to this problem. I get that message too. If you don't, consider yourself lucky!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    uBlock removes it.
    No, it doesn't. Wish it did.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by swiftowner View Post
    https://ibb.co/cMQ9o5
    https://ibb.co/enJvT5

no adds, site is white-listed/adblock disabled on this page

adblock is the only add blocking extension I use
    Your first screenshot doesn't prove anything as no ads normally appear there. Your second screenshot is where an add would normally appear but you have no proof showing that you actually have adblock turned off at the time. Which likely means that you really do have it still enabled because the internet just doesn't work the way you are implying. Malware and ISP's won't inject ads into the code of a website just to display ads to the internet at large except for you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind that it is there, you can easily close it. I mean, sorry, but advertisements DO run the sites and we all block them. Not much effort to just press close, or want an app for that too?

And for me, only appears when I open the website freshly (reboot browser/PC).
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..