I've been playing this game a bit the past few days. Really nicely polished. Love the character animations, the look, the style, the feel. Combat isn't too bad, though I feel like I'm just staring at the ground looking for red to avoid. However, I feel...overwhelmed by all little quests. The right of my screen is just full of all kinds of stuff to do. So many different kinds of quests, path stuff, it keeps putting dungeon or pvp quests there. It's a lot right out of the gate. I think a slower start would have been better.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    I've been playing this game a bit the past few days. Really nicely polished. Love the character animations, the look, the style, the feel. Combat isn't too bad, though I feel like I'm just staring at the ground looking for red to avoid. However, I feel...overwhelmed by all little quests. The right of my screen is just full of all kinds of stuff to do. So many different kinds of quests, path stuff, it keeps putting dungeon or pvp quests there. It's a lot right out of the gate. I think a slower start would have been better.
    The quest tracker is a fucking disaster, but a few tips...

1. Ignore tasks unless they'll literally be in the same area as a zone quest. They take a while to consume and will actually cause you to overlevel a bit, which causes the experience you get to drop quite a bit. It makes leveling take far longer.

2. You can move it around and all, but you can also remove certain things from it as well. You can set it to not track Path activities if you wan, not track repeatable quests, not track challenges etc. I just ended up only leaving quests/path stuff tracked, everything else was hidden.

Found that doing those two things made leveling a lot easier/less of a headache. I'd love to see them take a serious pass at streamlining the leveling process (it's a bit of a mess) and overhauling the quest tracker (or the entire system, along with the overhaul), but sadly that's probably never coming. At least players have enough built-in tools to be able to deal with Carbine's nonsense in the base UI.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Well...in fairness, the game was/ is pretty awesome. It wasn't broken when it launched, it's not broken now except in the sense that it's leaking players left and right and is having difficulty maintaining a stable player base.

The game itself isn't bad, I actually enjoy it a lot, my issue is that there are other games out there that just do the things I like better and once I got to level cap and seeing the main story in Wildstar there's just nothing else i'm interested in doing.
    I leveled up at launch and enjoyed it. The combat system was fun for leveling unlike WoW and dungeons was being cleared with random queue groups with no voice chat. Outside of raiding the game was not hardcore.

The forum feedback from even "serious" raiders broken state of many things and slow content release. They wanted to love it but even to them it felt like it failed to live up to their standards. Even if the game was all around "casual" friendly it would of failed like many other casual oriented WoW clones. Bad launches really hurt MMO's casual or not.

The relaunch of Final Fantasy is doing decent. Unfortunately for them despite the praise from casuals not many want to make the jump and leave MMOs altogether.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-04-18 at 02:55 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Is it just me or wildstar has way to many quests (started at Farside now). I had to abandon 1 quest in whitewale (one that you need to fix robots, since it was broken).

Better marrige than the one in warcraft at least: (wildhammer one)
    http://shrani.si/f/3k/2O/4ebDWqXZ/lookewe323.png
    Think you needed to get their HP to 20% before you used the ability.....But the wedding

Nice to see a continuation of that quest chain.

10+ Year Old Account
    That zone was pretty good (only thing i skiped is that grapling - satelite - hook challange and the quest that ask you to open a chest.... HELL no, i cant remember so many colors and if i try to write them down on list it just quits ).

Loved this part:

Jumping part kinda reminds me of this:

Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Think we just need to accept Wildstar is more or less in maintenance mode, it's a great game for new players! But for those of us who have been here years, not so much. The world, the story, what you see is what you get!
    Now I've seen everything.
    I can die now.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Deleted
    @Yunru most of us use https://mods.curse.com/ws-addons/wil...220863-tapthat for the colours

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoninaThorstone View Post
    Now I've seen everything.
    I can die now.
    I still enjoy some PvP and messing with housing, plus I'm sub status for another year lol

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Hah. They don't have the funds to make a brand new game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Hah. They don't have the funds to make a brand new game.
    Maybe a expansion?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbine_Studios

But since they are under https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCsoft , they may help with other games (5 games in total).

2012 - 2013 their shares went down
    2013 - 2014 their shares stabilized
    2014 -2015 they went down a bit
    2015 - 2017 their shares go up

1 share is 359.000KRW ( 1 South Korean won =
    0.000878 U.S. dollars)
    315,2 dolars per share

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Maybe a expansion?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carbine_Studios

But since they are under https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCsoft , they may help with other games (5 games in total).

2012 - 2013 their shares went down
    2013 - 2014 their shares stabilized
    2014 -2015 they went down a bit
    2015 - 2017 their shares go up

1 share is 359.000KRW ( 1 South Korean won =
    0.000878 U.S. dollars)
    315,2 dolars per share
    Shares don't always mean everything. The profit the game was making was down in each quarterly report until they started merging it to hide it. It was making less than Lineage 1.

Also I imagine NCSoft aren't really interested in Wildstar any more. Otherwise they would have given it more funding.

15+ Year Old Account
    The job required experience with Unreal engine. Wildstar isn't Unreal....right?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Wildstar is in house if I recall. Unless they are switching the game engine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Hm maybe space battles? Also the engine they created has its own problems and it doesnt give the performace they want maybe? (Proprietary is what they use right now)

NCsoft is fronting them the money for another game?...or are they seeking investment elsewhere despite being a wholly owned subsidiary?

This is very confusing to me, I cannot see why NCsoft would have any faith left in anyone at the company, even the newer crop of folks that have been brought on since launch and weren't directly responsible for WS faceplanting pretty hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    NCsoft is fronting them the money for another game?...or are they seeking investment elsewhere despite being a wholly owned subsidiary?

This is very confusing to me, I cannot see why NCsoft would have any faith left in anyone at the company, even the newer crop of folks that have been brought on since launch and weren't directly responsible for WS faceplanting pretty hard.
    Mark my words, new MOBA

Mark my words, new MOBA
    NCsoft already has a MOBA that they're spinning up in the West, Master x Master (MxM). It makes no sense for them to be funding a direct competitor in development as they are making their rollout of their current product.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    NCsoft already has a MOBA that they're spinning up in the West, Master x Master (MxM). It makes no sense for them to be funding a direct competitor in development as they are making their rollout of their current product.
    Who said that corporations are lead by logic ?

7+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's a game specifically dedicated to focus and expand upon the most successful aspect of Wildstar - the housing system.