Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/us/aar....html?adkey=bn

And nothing of value was lost.

I wonder why he even bothered with the second trial when he was going down for life on the first charge.
    He got to see his daughter in person and not dressed as a convict. I imagine the reality of his other life sentence hit home after his mini trial vacations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    Good. Saves us the trouble of feeding and housing him.
    While he was a scumbag, in his 3 year football career he paid more into taxes then you ever will. Just from a financial point of view he was way in the black on giving over taking.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

"Looks like he tied this here dishrag around his throat, tied his hands with this zip tie and then fell over backwards onto this kitchen knife 27 times."

"An obvious suicide."

No sympathy from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    This double murder case was the reason Hernandez killed Odin Llyod, which is why he is in prison with a life sentence. Llyod was supposedly going to tell people.

While it might be taking a leap. If he didn't get convicted in Llyod case. Hernandez might now be free, since he was just acquitted.

Also the Llyod case brought attention that Hernandez might have been involved in double murder case, which steered authorities to him.
    I thought Llyod's murder was over a spilled drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Dangg View Post
    Crazy athlete and celebrity worshipping.

Convinced thug murderer kills himself: "Wow it's so sad RIP. He wasn't a bad person, just had CTE!"
    Teenage girl kills herself after getting bullied: "What a coward, survival of the fittest!!"
    Eh, both of those situations provoke the same response to me...

"Those people have mental health issues and we need a better support system in place in this country that doesn't villify people for getting treatment."

Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    I'm sure there are better sources but apparently his lawyer is claiming murder, not suicide:

http://deadspin.com/aaron-hernandezs...-he-1794451101
    He was in there alone with the door barricaded.

Quote Originally Posted by Berengil View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/19/us/aar....html?adkey=bn

And nothing of value was lost.

I wonder why he even bothered with the second trial when he was going down for life on the first charge.
    Wow, he must have been really upset he didn't get credit for those two extra murders last week.

Nothing of value was lost.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    He was in there alone with the door barricaded.
    Aren't they all? That guy that kept those women in his basement all those years killed himself by hanging himself on the bars with his sheets. He didn't have any sheets...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    Damn guy was 27 years old, looking at another 50+ years (however long he would live) in prison. I can't blame him for killing himself

At the end of the day, I can sympathize with his position, but he 100% put himself there. The person he killed never had a choice in if he wanted to die.
    That's such a punk move in book, unless you're just a heartless thug then kill yourself. You deserve your cell and just taking up space.

But if it's someone who wants some sort of forgiveness, you do your damn time and work to come become a better person. I don't believe in there being no consequences for one's actions do I do believe in redemption and forgiveness of the perp works towards it. Peacing out at the beginning of your sentence tells you you don't want any sort of redemption or forgiveness. You rather end it all then accept the cons.

Hard to so much sympathy towards the man except pit in your stomach when faced with a lifetime in prison. He showed no empathy for the family of his victims (I don't know the victims, they could have been assholes who had it coming but I still don't agree with murder) and the fans he let down.

Suicide isn't always for the cowardly but in this case...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Aren't they all? That guy that kept those women in his basement all those years killed himself by hanging himself on the bars with his sheets. He didn't have any sheets...
    Not the same thing. How did they barricade the door and leave?

Not the same thing. How did they barricade the door and leave?
    What do you mean? My point is that if you are trusting prison officials to tell you the real story, when that ever happens, it will be a first.

I have no sympathies for him and he just saved tax payers a lot of money, I do feel bad for his 4 year old daughter that has to grow up without a dad though.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to acknowledge and seek justice for the second victim. Life is only 25 years here.
    I believe it was life without the possibility of parole - no not just 25 years.

So odd that his suicide came almost right behind his acquittal. Objective legal scholars didn't think his appeal for the first conviction had much merit, but he had to be hopeful at least a little bit after the acquittal.

Interesting to see what the autopsy reveals.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't they all?
    No. WTF are you talking about?

That guy that kept those women in his basement all those years killed himself by hanging himself on the bars with his sheets. He didn't have any sheets...
    What?

If you read up on his history starting as young as 17 years old the writing was on the wall.

He was such a liability he was passed up 32 times during the draft before being selected when he should have been close to first pick.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezhial View Post
    I'm sure there are better sources but apparently his lawyer is claiming murder, not suicide:

http://deadspin.com/aaron-hernandezs...-he-1794451101
    His killer must have been a ghost then; there was shit piled in front of the door.

To bad he killed himself, Facebook killer trial would of been as popular as OJ's!

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I believe it was life without the possibility of parole - no not just 25 years.

So odd that his suicide came almost right behind his acquittal. Objective legal scholars didn't think his appeal for the first conviction had much merit, but he had to be hopeful at least a little bit after the acquittal.

Interesting to see what the autopsy reveals.

- - - Updated - - -

No. WTF are you talking about?

What?
    Both posts are very clear. If you are having trouble understanding my comments, you will have to tell me what it is you don't understand about them, because they are clear to me.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    That's such a punk move in book, unless you're just a heartless thug then kill yourself. You deserve your cell and just taking up space.

But if it's someone who wants some sort of forgiveness, you do your damn time and work to come become a better person. I don't believe in there being no consequences for one's actions do I do believe in redemption and forgiveness of the perp works towards it. Peacing out at the beginning of your sentence tells you you don't want any sort of redemption or forgiveness. You rather end it all then accept the cons.

Hard to so much sympathy towards the man except pit in your stomach when faced with a lifetime in prison. He showed no empathy for the family of his victims (I don't know the victims, they could have been assholes who had it coming but I still don't agree with murder) and the fans he let down.

Suicide isn't always for the cowardly but in this case...
    I 100% agree. I can understand why he made the choice he did in his situation, but I don't forgive him for it. Or feel bad for him or the situation he placed himself in.

I've had friends commit suicide before, as sad as it made me, all the grief of having to face their families, at the end of the day it angers me also. They have to know that in their own way, they are straddling their friends/family with a life sentence now, having to carry their deaths.

The real reason he killed himself according to some people

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...pvJ/story.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post

Possible, but not likely.

Dude just had what was likely his last shot at seeing anyone. Even his most ardent supporters bailed on him in the end.
    The loneliness and realization that he was going to be stuck in a cell for the rest of his life probably finally caught up to him.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Both posts are very clear. If you are having trouble understanding my comments, you will have to tell me what it is you don't understand about them, because they are clear to me.
    So I'm asking what you are talking about, because it's not clear to me. Could you expand what you mean by "aren't they all" and any source or link or any proof that his room didn't have bedsheets before he hung himself (the guy that you referenced who held people captive in his basement, not Hernandez)?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fluffhead View Post

I don't see that as a reason at all. Hernandez was very self centered, and this legal move is very much a legacy issue - and one that is not likely to succeed.