Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    According to: https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=3&t=4249

Arcane has on the PTR received buffs to almost all our main abilities, including Arcane Blast, Barrage, Explosion, and Missiles. Not indicative of what the final version of 7.2.5 will bring, but it gives some confirmation that they are at least toying with the number tuning of Arcane for the patch.

Whether it will be stronger than Frost remains to be seen. Frost of couse received that TV nerf, but they also got a number tuning buff to their main abilities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post
    According to: https://www.altered-time.com/forum/v...php?f=3&t=4249

Arcane has on the PTR received buffs to almost all our main abilities, including Arcane Blast, Barrage, Explosion, and Missiles. Not indicative of what the final version of 7.2.5 will bring, but it gives some confirmation that they are at least toying with the number tuning of Arcane for the patch.

Whether it will be stronger than Frost remains to be seen. Frost of couse received that TV nerf, but they also got a number tuning buff to their main abilities.
    These numbers are not buffs. They increased scaling of all spells but removed 21% bonus dmg from aura.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Caath View Post
    These numbers are not buffs. They increased scaling of all spells but removed 21% bonus dmg from aura.
    Except the actual numbers on PTR confirms this is a buff (as show cased in the thread).

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't that done in 7.1.5 or 7.2? The upcoming changes are in patch 7.2.5, an entirely different patch. These are buffs
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    Wasn't that done in 7.1.5 or 7.2? The upcoming changes are in patch 7.2.5, an entirely different patch. These are buffs
    Arcane Mage Increases damage/healing of Arcane Barrage, Arcane Blast, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Orb, Explosion, Nether Tempest, Supernova, Time and Space, Zangarmarsh Arcane Missiles by 21% 0%. Increases periodic damage/healing of Nether Tempest by 21%. Mage - Arcane Spec. 0%. Mage - Arcane Spec.

This u can find in PTR patch notes for the newest build.

So no, there is no buffs for Arcane, yet

15+ Year Old Account
    Kinda hoping they make Slipstream baseline..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    Won't happen, tbh Arcane is really in nice spot, we don't need %dps buffs but mechanic one. Give me AO baseline!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well im not asking for a dps buff, it might be one indirectly. But breaking evocation really sucks!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Mage Increases damage/healing of Arcane Barrage, Arcane Blast, Arcane Explosion, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Orb, Explosion, Nether Tempest, Supernova, Time and Space, Zangarmarsh Arcane Missiles by 21% 0%. Increases periodic damage/healing of Nether Tempest by 21%. Mage - Arcane Spec. 0%. Mage - Arcane Spec.

This u can find in PTR patch notes for the newest build.

So no, there is no buffs for Arcane, yet
    He was referring to the removed auras, that happened in either 7.1.5 or 7.2. We're now discussing 7.2.5, completely different set of buffs

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shade3891 View Post
    It really should be baseline. The nerfs to mobility were way too much

Deleted
    He was referring to the removed auras, that happened in either 7.1.5 or 7.2. We're now discussing 7.2.5, completely different set of buffs

- - - Updated - - -

tbh in nighthold melee should get a nerf to their dps when not movie, just like how ranged get a massive hit to their dps when they have to move, seems only fair, nighthold just seems horribly imbalanced, atleast melee cant complain about melee unfriendly encounters anymore, nighthold is essentially a free-bee for melee.

also im fairly sure they didnt remove the spellauras in 7.1.5 or 7.2, they should still be in there afaik.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    tbh in nighthold melee should get a nerf to their dps when not movie, just like how ranged get a massive hit to their dps when they have to move, seems only fair, nighthold just seems horribly imbalanced, atleast melee cant complain about melee unfriendly encounters anymore, nighthold is essentially a free-bee for melee.

also im fairly sure they didnt remove the spellauras in 7.1.5 or 7.2, they should still be in there afaik.
    nope, they were certainly removed, and baked into the spells themselves

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

So what buffs are u 'discusing' if there are only scaling buffs to recompensate the 21% dmg aura which was removed in 7.2.5 ptr and not in 7.1.5?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what buffs are u 'discusing' if there are only scaling buffs to recompensate the 21% dmg aura which was removed in 7.2.5 ptr and not in 7.1.5?
    The aura was removed in either 7.1.5 or 7.2 and baked into the spells. I don't understand how many times I have to say that before it's understood, but I'm tired of repeating myself

Deleted
    fairly sure its just a tooltip change then coz i doubt they will give mages buffs so early, hell, they are doing the same to frost too as all of their spells gets "buffed" by 17%, fairly sure it only happened to fire earlier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    fairly sure its just a tooltip change then coz i doubt they will give mages buffs so early, hell, they are doing the same to frost too as all of their spells gets "buffed" by 17%, fairly sure it only happened to fire earlier.
    Much this.

No idea why Azkial is saying that Arcane mage aura was removed in 7.1.5-7.2 patch IF you can read about it in 7.2.5 ptr notes that can be find on the main site but Oh well, not everyone can read.
    Last edited by mmoc5633d002d8; 2017-04-17 at 07:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The T20 set bonus does not help with mana management. Should I understand that at high item levels the mana is no longer an issue?

15+ Year Old Account
    i dont have any mana problems with mana, at 48% mastery, 27% crit and 15% Haste

edit: using belt and wrist leggies! don't have others yet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    The T20 set bonus does not help with mana management. Should I understand that at high item levels the mana is no longer an issue?
    Mana is never an issue. Depending on your legendaries, you enter conserve phase soon or later.

If u don't have Kilt, take mastery to 30%~, and then bump all your stats into crit > vers >= haste

Quote Originally Posted by Ipsissimus View Post
    100% what CryotriX said, with one significant change: Blizzard would probably look at representation and buff Arcane through the roof in 7.2.5 so we'd end up having to level that artifact the week before Mythic hits. Fun.
    eventually getting to the concordance trait will take no time at all, when AK gets ramped up. Then it will be a matter of your frost spec having a 2600k-4000k proc instead of 2k, which you will quickly catch up to.. atleast it's not as retarded as it was before to "start anew" where you would miss out on 10% damage done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Arcane is FAR from fine and it's also extremely inconsistent compared to both frost and fire in Mythic. If you think top logs are scumbagged, you're only partially correct. We're not in HFC anymore. I have good players that got top 10 ranks in progress kills, doing mechanics.
    No. Arcane is FAR from being OP, not from being FINE. Fine means u can do any boss and perform just FINE enough to kill him. For you guys FINE spec is the spec that is in top 5, and then u still want buffs for him, but when your broken spec (hello frost) is getting nerfed by 3% (lol), you go and reroll because it is unplayable for you anymore.

You can check my logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...0079585/latest

If that is not FINE dps then i don't know how much dps u need to do to be 'fine'