View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?

Voters
64. This poll is closed
  • I prefer the stealthy/ninja AoE type

11 17.19%
  • I prefer the double gunned Pirate type

20 31.25%
  • I like having 3 melee specs for some retarded reason

33 51.56%
Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ranged Rogue spec?

I always thought instead of giving Hunters a melee spec, they should have given Rogues a ranged spec.

Which one would you prefer?:

1: Sub turning into a ranged spec: They use stealthy (no noisy guns) ninja-like weapons like crossbows/bows (which could be supplemented by poison-coated throwing daggers (or blowgun darts) for DoTs, shurikens, and bombs for ranged AoE). They'd be like a stealthy ranged class that specialize in ranged assassinations.

2: Outlaw ranged spec: Pretty much like how they work now, same theme, except instead of double swords, they use double pistols. They'd focus less on stealth and more on coming in and blowing people's head off with their double pistols. Blizz would have to add this new weapon type to the game, which will involve more work for their design/art department, but overall I think it would be pretty cool. Could also give Piratey-type abilities like grenades/cannonballs for AoE and a large fishing net for AoE roots.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    How about none?
    That's option 3.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Please no. Hunters don't like having a melee spec, and I would hate to have a ranged spec.

"For some retarded reason".

The only retarded idea is having Ranged Spec for a class that was melee for the whole WoW history.
    If you want ranged spec - then play hunter -> problem solved.
    If you don't like melee rogues then don't play one -> problem solved.

Blizzard in Legion made three specs totally different from each other, and I think that they made a good job. It would be a shame to destroy the "class fantasy".
    Semi-ranged spec(Outlaw) -> okay.
    Full ranged -> no.

The three specs are finally somewhat different... Id sooner rather them see a 4th spec to either the Hunter or Rogue class that DWs pistols than take away from what already exists,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    "For some retarded reason".

The only retarded idea is having Ranged Spec for a class that was melee for the whole WoW history.
    If you want ranged spec - then play hunter -> problem solved.
    If you don't like melee rogues then don't play one -> problem solved.

Blizzard in Legion made three specs totally different from each other, and I think that they made a good job. It would be a shame to destroy the "class fantasy".
    Semi-ranged spec(Outlaw) -> okay.
    Full ranged -> no.
    Hey, if you like having your entire class limited to a melee DPS role, then go for it. Enjoy waiting 2 hours to find a M+ or raid group because they're looking for tanks/healers/ranged and you're a one trick pony class.

I dont know. I cant see enough of a kit for a fully ranged rogue that would be different enough from the hunter specs.

If you can come up with one that makes enough sense. sure. But im not going to push for one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Hey, if you like having your entire class limited to a melee DPS role, then go for it. Enjoy waiting 2 hours to find a M+ or raid group because they're looking for tanks/healers/ranged and you're a one trick pony class.
    Git gud. Or better, get some friends. Bam, problem solved.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Git gud. Or better, get some friends. Bam, problem solved.
    So you have to ride a friend's coat tails when you want to get anything done?

But hey, at least you can open the tank's lockboxes again as a way to thank them.

I havent seen much "Ranged Only" group finding problems in Legion. But that said. there will always be the people who think only a specific class+spec is good enough to be in their group.

Haven't played Rogue in a while. I remember during MOP I used Deadly Throw + Shuriken Toss for certain situations, you could kite around Elite Rares forever, and you ended up doing about 70% of the damage you would've done as melee. Don't know if such a thing is still possible. It definitely had some use for questing and pretty fun.

So you have to ride a friend's coat tails when you want to get anything done?

But hey, at least you can open the tank's lockboxes again as a way to thank them.
    I dont know about your social circles, but i dont have to ask my friends to do something for me. We actually play together because its more fun in groups.
    But i can imagine you having a hard time doing the same witht hat attitude.
    -Voltaire
    winning

7+ Year Old Account
    i play a rogue because i want to play melee dps, nothing else, and rogue are the best for that cause they offer 3 melee spec in the same class, if i want to have a ranged option i'll play druid or hunter.

Play in a guild, rogue are pretty strong in M+ and insanely useful in raid... also i have absolutely no problem finding pugs as a rogue...

Every 3 month we have the rogue should have a dark ranger spec or now that outlaw is there, rogue should have a gunslinger spec... forget it, rogue is a melee class, the only pure melee class in the game, contrary to hunter there was never a "ranged" rogue history like there was vanilla survival for hunter.
    I like all 3 spec and i don't want any off them to be destroyed... i would even go as far as not wanting a 4th ranged spec, rogue is a melee class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthat View Post
    Haven't played Rogue in a while. I remember during MOP I used Deadly Throw + Shuriken Toss for certain situations, you could kite around Elite Rares forever, and you ended up doing about 70% of the damage you would've done as melee. Don't know if such a thing is still possible. It definitely had some use for questing and pretty fun.
    you can do with outlaw as they have both a ranged builder and ranged finisher... not super efficient tho...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    gotta love the my opinion is the only opinion mindset
    wtf are u talking about, never in is post he said it was the only valid opinion.... unlike OP
    I like having 3 melee specs for some retarded reason

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know about your social circles, but i dont have to ask my friends to do something for me. We actually play together because its more fun in groups.
    But i can imagine you having a hard time doing the same witht hat attitude.
    Irrelevant. You're attempting to deflect the argument by somehow talking about having WoW friends. Don't know if you're trolling or pathetically trying to insult me, but it's pretty sad. Bragging about having WoW friends (which I also have btw, this is a MMO, everyone in a guild has friends) is like bragging that you're rich because you have 2 million gold in WoW. Doesn't really mean anything in reality.

The point is you are dependent on actual useful specs to get things done, while your friends could easily replace you if you weren't on at the time. Whether you admit or not, you entire class right now is a one trick pony. Melee DPS is your only option. You have no variety. No amount of WoW friends could help you with that fact.

Assassin should have been the ranged spec with Poisoned Dagger as the combo builder, and Deadly Throw as the finisher.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

stop trying to turn subtlety into something that it isn't

subtlety has been an amazing PvP spec for 12 years and should remain that way. it already has an iconic playstyle with its strong burst damage and precision crowd control
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

You have no variety. No amount of WoW friends could help you with that fact.
    This only shows that you have no imagination and no friends.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-04-20 at 08:35 AM.
    -Voltaire
    winning

10+ Year Old Account
    This only shows that you have no imagination and no friends.
    OK, I'm done with you. You are obviously a troll.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Coldkil; 2017-04-20 at 08:36 AM.