Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    As I noted in the second post. A man lobbying unwanted advances against a black woman based on her skin color, whom he presumably has little connection with, is racist.
    How could someone racist be making "advances" against someone who is black? You know Racists dont believe in race mixing right? That will get your Klan kard revoked faster than saying Obama wasnt that bad of a president.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    UHm I'm not equating anything you are by putting words in my mouth.
    I'm sorry if you feel that way. But, who I feel is how I feel, regardless of how you feel. (hrm that wasn't very eloquent but I'm going to leave it)

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    How could someone racist be making "advances" against someone who is black? You know Racists dont believe in race mixing right? That will get your Klan kard revoked faster than saying Obama wasnt that bad of a president.
    Slave owners often raped their female slaves.

Being a racist doesn't mean that you can't be sexually attracted to members of a race you view as "inferior".

You're literally using the, "BUT I HAVE A BLACK FRIEND!" argument right now.

Because SJWs think racist, prejudiced, intolerant and insensitive are synonyms. I know, it makes things confusing, huh?

whohoooo!!! Poppa-Bear is DOWN! ^_^

Here's hoping Steve Colbert brings back Steve Colbert (Comedy Central) to discuss the demise of Poppa-Bear! ^_^

I stated: GONE! like 4 pages back. Not breaking news.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    Well in the context of a woman who feels like she's being harassed by old boy Billy and he's calling her a "chocolate" whatever I feel like it's not that far off the mark. But /shrug it's not like accusations of racism has been a problem for him before as he's gotten them for years. This must be something bigger or Fox is finally at their wits end with him.
    Under that context I'd call it harassment. Seems to me like his intention was to describe the physical features about her that he found attractive, not to verbally attack her race. If you're trying to get in the pants of a black woman then portraying racism is a pretty shitty strategy. Recognizing and describing a physical feature is not racist.

When we're talking about racism you really have to consider the person's intentions. If they're not intentionally trying to portray an attitude of superiority over someone because of their race or hatred towards someone because of their race then it's probably not racist. If it's not their intention then it's ignorant or racially insensitive at worst. But that's different from actual racism.

It would appear that the free markets have spoken, and O'Reilly is out on his ass. God bless capitalism, the free markets, and freedom of speech.

Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    I stated: GONE! like 4 pages back. Not breaking news.
    Yeah - because a random person shouting GONE is definitely a solid way to verify a news story

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Ding dong, the witch is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    It would appear that the free markets have spoken, and O'Reilly is out on his ass. God bless capitalism, the free markets, and freedom of speech.
    Yup, like him or hate him, everyone should be happy with the result.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a victory for humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Levying a come-on based upon someone's skin color while referring to them as an item of food based on it is racist.

Finding someone attractive also doesn't suddenly not make one "racist," I'm not sure why you'd think that...
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    whohoooo!!! Poppa-Bear is DOWN! ^_^

Here's hoping Steve Colbert brings back Steve Colbert (Comedy Central) to discuss the demise of Poppa-Bear! ^_^
    RIP Bill. May you sexually harass women at your other job.

As I noted in the second post. A man lobbying unwanted advances against a black woman based on her skin color, whom he presumably has little connection with, is racist.
    That's not how I'm interpreting the scenario. Seems to me like he was physically attracted to her. So he made some comments which he intended to portray his physical attraction. Were those comments inappropriate? Seems like it. But I wouldn't go so far as to call them racist because it doesn't seem like that was the intention.

If anything I'd call it racially insensitive. Racism implies hatred against someone primarily based on their race. I'm not really picking up on any racial hatred here. Mostly just misogyny.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's not true. Racial slurs are inherently racist regardless of the context. Using them doesn't necessarily make the person speaking them a racist though.
    Racial slurs are not inherently racist. Even those depend on context. Granted, most of the time they're probably going to be used in a racist context, but not always.

Levying a come-on based upon someone's skin color while referring to them as an item of food based on it is racist.
    Well no ... saying someone has white skin, or chocolate coloured skin is no different to saying someone has blonde hair or ginger coloured hair.

What O'Reilly did was straight out misogyny, inappropriate from his position of power in the relationship.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    All this talk of racism is really missing the point that the phrase was uttered in a misogynistic sexual predatory way. Whether or not it was also intended as racist is probably irrelevant.

It's the same reason a misogynist can still date women.

Quote Originally Posted by ati87 View Post
    There is no historical racist terms against white people
    Cracker, honkey, gringo, white devil.

Any other bullshit you'd like to spew?

10+ Year Old Account

Finding someone attractive also doesn't suddenly not make one "racist," I'm not sure why you'd think that...
    So wait, first you say he did it because hes racist and she was black, now you're saying he found her attractive. . . make up your mind, was he being racist or was he trying to have sex with a co-worker??

It almost seems like he was trying to have sex and got rejected. Guess that why he settled a sexual misconduct charge and not a discrimination charge. . . .