... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Wait your adblock blocks the trolls?
    I wish =D
    no, its just to ongoing problems that need to get sorted
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    Enlighten me, what is this Brave? No ads while no adblockers sounds kinda like opposites of whats possible.
    Google provides me with this. All ads are blocked, you can choose to enable allowed ads which you will be paid for. Site gets some money, everyone's happy, or that's the claim anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fastlane_hellscream View Post
    I use Ublock Origins, and sadly, it doesn't make you immune to this problem. I get that message too. If you don't, consider yourself lucky!

- - - Updated - - -

No, it doesn't. Wish it did.
    ublock was blocking it earlier, it only just appeared for ublock :|

but still, i clicked close on it, and havent seen it since so its not a big deal.

I use Ublock Origins, and sadly, it doesn't make you immune to this problem. I get that message too. If you don't, consider yourself lucky!

- - - Updated - - -

Odd, it did once I downloaded it.

- - - Updated - - -

Using UBlock Origin and it works wonders.

So an update on this. If you have adblock on and turn it off, the site will show lower impact ads to you. These ads should load faster and be more static than the regular ads.

Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    So an update on this. If you have adblock on and turn it off, the site will show lower impact ads to you. These ads should load faster and be more static than the regular ads.
    Can I ask will any attempt to better moderate them be made? I've had a few AV warnings in the past and I highly doubt they were false positives.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Can I ask will any attempt to better moderate them be made? I've had a few AV warnings in the past and I highly doubt they were false positives.
    As far as I know, there haven't been any warnings that have been actual threats in many many years. As always, we remove any ads that autoplay with audio or cause performance issues if people report them.

The ads that you see after turning off adblock are lighter than the normal ads, so they should be absolutely fine. Please let me know if that isn't the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I don't really mind that it is there, you can easily close it. I mean, sorry, but advertisements DO run the sites and we all block them. Not much effort to just press close, or want an app for that too?

And for me, only appears when I open the website freshly (reboot browser/PC).
    Not much effort to whitelist the site, but you go out of your way to block it. Not really seeing a difference between the two

- - - Updated - - -

So is the optimal strategy to download adblock and disable it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Your first screenshot doesn't prove anything as no ads normally appear there. Your second screenshot is where an add would normally appear but you have no proof showing that you actually have adblock turned off at the time. Which likely means that you really do have it still enabled because the internet just doesn't work the way you are implying. Malware and ISP's won't inject ads into the code of a website just to display ads to the internet at large except for you.
    You are correct, I messed up on my second screenshot, didn't include the top.
    Now you see the green thumb, indicating adblock is disabled on this page

https://ibb.co/fS6crQ
    https://ibb.co/jTvgJ5

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

Not but default no, but the additional lists disable it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    Not much effort to whitelist the site, but you go out of your way to block it. Not really seeing a difference between the two
    Not really much effort in blocking it either.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I find it funny that the target audience of this popup wouldn't actually whitelist. The people that care and subject themselves to ads would never see that popup.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    People using adblock shouldn't feel morally superior. I don't know why the people in this thread are puffing their chests or giving reasons to make themselves feel better. You could just silently use your adblock and move on, you know.
    Its a response to poor decisions by web site hosts. Many ads are controversial as it is, but when you are a known malware trafficker, you don't get to complain about people protecting themselves. If they were just static ads, I'd be all about it. But random sound, flashing, pop-ups .. and now malware. No, sorry.

I used to let my adblock show "lower impact ads" but I got that damn warning anyway so now I block it all.
    I don't mind but I don't see what you would gain from this.

Ah well.

just started getting this too. Lol "we strive not to show you intrusive ads," while flashing a big intruding ad to whitelist the site. It's a little late for april fools jokes guys.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Non-intrusive advertising has THREE critical characteristics:
    1. Native to the site (not remote served)
    2. Quiet (no sound)
    3. Still (no animation)

See - you can do it already ....

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    I know people gotta make money and I don't begrudge them that, but it's gotta be in a benign form. That's why for years I paid for a curse membership for instance. But browser hijack and malware ads and the kind of shit that are notorious for these ad networks are never going to be acceptable.
    Would a MMOC specific membership be something you are interested in?

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Non-intrusive advertising has THREE critical characteristics:
    1. Native to the site (not remote served)
    Advertisers want to know they are getting what they paid for, which usually requires a 3rd party to serve the ads for tracking. We wouldn't come anywhere close to the necessary revenue to stay operational if we relied only on directly sold ads.

Would a MMOC specific membership be something you are interested in?
    Idk maybe the Something Awful approach would be good, a 1 time fee of however much you think is appropriate. Would curb shitpost accounts and if banned you would have to buy another account. Moderation would need to be reevaluated in a situation like that.
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

Use scriptblock ontop of adblock