View Poll Results: Which would you prefer?

Voters
64. This poll is closed
  • I prefer the stealthy/ninja AoE type

11 17.19%
  • I prefer the double gunned Pirate type

20 31.25%
  • I like having 3 melee specs for some retarded reason

33 51.56%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Irrelevant. You're attempting to deflect the argument by somehow talking about having WoW friends. Don't know if you're trolling or pathetically trying to insult me, but it's pretty sad. Bragging about having WoW friends (which I also have btw, this is a MMO, everyone in a guild has friends) is like bragging that you're rich because you have 2 million gold in WoW. Doesn't really mean anything in reality.

The point is you are dependent on actual useful specs to get things done, while your friends could easily replace you if you weren't on at the time. Whether you admit or not, you entire class right now is a one trick pony. Melee DPS is your only option. You have no variety. No amount of WoW friends could help you with that fact.
    I like having 3 melee specs for some retarded reason
    Trying to deflect an argument by calling it stupid before you even hear it, not rly better....

You could have at least made that a good thread but no, you had to do the same all shit that as been done 10000000 time and on top of that you did it with a little retarded shot at people how don't see rogue as you do...

OK, I'm done with you. You are obviously a troll.
    And you are obviously not capable of seeing a different point of view.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Trying to deflect an argument by calling it stupid before you even hear it, not rly better....
    And what argument is that? "rogs r gud cuz dey has frends 2 halp dem n u hav no frendz lol" isn't really an argument.

This is literally a game that requires having friends to do raiding/pvp/M+s, literally everyone other than the super casuals have friends in the game. That argument is totally invalid as to why a class is OK.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

anyone who thinks any of the rogue specs should become a ranged spec is an idiot

there is no possible way to do this without enraging a bunch of people that play one of those specs and want them to remain how they are

Infracted for flaming.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-04-20 at 11:17 AM.
    Subtlety Rogue was an amazing, incredible, unique, and fun spec prior to Legion and BfA

“All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.”

― Douglas Adams

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, if you like having your entire class limited to a melee DPS role, then go for it. Enjoy waiting 2 hours to find a M+ or raid group because they're looking for tanks/healers/ranged and you're a one trick pony class.

Takes me all of 2 minutes to find any group so your argument is moot.
    Last edited by Dialout; 2017-04-19 at 07:51 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    No, if you want the choice of a ranged spec either play druid, shaman or hunter (Which ironically the melee spec should be Beastmaster to fit with Rexxar, but well that's just me)
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegazing View Post
    anyone who thinks any of the rogue specs should become a ranged spec is an idiot

there is no possible way to do this without enraging a bunch of people that play one of those specs and want them to remain how they are
    I think that's the first time i agree with Shoe.. REPENT THE END IS NIGHT!
    Last edited by DaGhostDS; 2017-04-19 at 07:23 PM.

Hey, if you like having your entire class limited to a melee DPS role, then go for it. Enjoy waiting 2 hours to find a M+ or raid group because they're looking for tanks/healers/ranged and you're a one trick pony class.
    Don't play a rogue then, you have more than 1 choice.
    Why ruin it for the rest of the majority?

And what argument is that? "rogs r gud cuz dey has frends 2 halp dem n u hav no frendz lol" isn't really an argument.

This is literally a game that requires having friends to do raiding/pvp/M+s, literally everyone other than the super casuals have friends in the game. That argument is totally invalid as to why a class is OK.
    So why is rogue not ok? It does need a ranged spec as urgently as a third foot.

My argument was not "i have friends, i dont need a ranged spec" it was "i have friends, i dont need some kind of stupid argument to convince some stupid ass random idiots to invite me."

And no, you dont need friends for raiding/m+/anything, you can indeed get by though LF tools alone. Unless of course you define friend differently then everyone else.
    Last edited by ymirsson; 2017-04-19 at 07:28 PM.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

rogues are ranged already, you tried fucking kite one as a caster in pvp? lol just get teleported on endlessly.

7+ Year Old Account

I like having 3 melee spec as it offer 3 different playstyle in the same class. i don't like ranged playstyle... Rogue is the only class who offers me that option... if you want to play pure range you can do it with mage or warlock... if you want to play melee and range you can play druid, hunter or shaman...

Also, again, Rogue is fine, i'm having absolutely no problem finding pugs for hero NH or M+...

This falls under the same line of thinking that "Rogues should have a tank spec" or "Rogues should have a healer spec" yea sure. you may be able to find some way to force theme abilities to work....

but why?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay098 View Post
    but why?
    Because OP can find a grp... LOL

Fuck no. We already got shitty pirate/ninja themes shoved down our throats, now you want a ranged rogue spec?

And you want it just because you can't find a group? rofl, yes lets ignore the playstyles & history of specs and change it to ranged just because you can't find a group as a melee. No. Dumb idea.

Get better gear, learn your class, raid with friends. If you lack skill, then no one would like to have you in a group.
    I don't have any problems finding +7-10 mythic groups. If you think it's because we're melee class then you're wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ymirsson View Post
    Git gud. Or better, get some friends. Bam, problem solved.
    Exactly.

If you think that they don't want you in their group only because you're melee and you WANT/HAVE TO do M+ then reroll a hunter/lock/spriest/whatever. It's easier to change one class for one person than change specs of people who are happy with them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tay098 View Post
    This falls under the same line of thinking that "Rogues should have a tank spec" or "Rogues should have a healer spec" yea sure. you may be able to find some way to force theme abilities to work....

but why?
    Rogue's theme is sneaky, selfish, cheat2win play style which doesn't fit with tanking or healing. It does fit with standing far away from danger and doing damage from the shadows or shooting them in the face with a blunderbuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalador View Post
    Because OP can find a grp... LOL
    Actually, I haven't touched my Rogue in years, he's like level 40. Why would I want to play a class with 3 of the same specs? IF they had more variety then I'd definitely give them a try. I like the Rogue theme, but I don't like that they are a one trick pony.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Fuck no. We already got shitty pirate/ninja themes shoved down our throats, now you want a ranged rogue spec?

And you want it just because you can't find a group? rofl, yes lets ignore the playstyles & history of specs and change it to ranged just because you can't find a group as a melee. No. Dumb idea.
    I like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Get better gear, learn your class, raid with friends. If you lack skill, then no one would like to have you in a group.
    I don't have any problems finding +7-10 mythic groups. If you think it's because we're melee class then you're wrong.
    This applies to every class in the game... Again, I don't play a Rogue so assuming I can't find a group because I have no friends or am bad is just invalid. My main is a Monk which I use to heal in raids and tank in M+. As a M+ tank, it's actually kinda annoying that I get asked to tank all the time (most of which are from my Rogue/DPS "friends" trying to do their keys) while I'm trying to do WQs or PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Rogue's theme is sneaky, selfish, cheat2win play style which doesn't fit with tanking or healing. It does fit with standing far away from danger and doing damage from the shadows or shooting them in the face with a blunderbuss.

Actually, I haven't touched my Rogue in years, he's like level 40. Why would I want to play a class with 3 of the same specs? IF they had more variety then I'd definitely give them a try. I like the Rogue theme, but I don't like that they are a one trick pony.
    Seriously, play your other classes/spec and leaves ours free of your terrible ideas.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ok you actually don't know WTF you're talking about then...

Play a rogue if you want to play the only pure melee class in the game, with 3 spec offering a different playstyle, all 3 being CP/energy based... if this doesn't appeal to you than to bad, there 11 other class in the game for you, none of them being melee dps only...

Don't come in here on your high horse with idea to deeply change a class you don't even play...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter melee spec is a joke, regarded by a lot of hunters as a prank rather than a spec.