Poll: What's your decision ?

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    i dont need flying to enjoy games
    Your options in Elite: Dangerous would be severely limited.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    The only better game I am aware of is FFonline, and I don't think they even have flying?

Edit: They do, but you have to work for it like in wow
    Whoaaaa wait a minute here. You mean to tell me you have to EARN stuff in video games? That's absurd!

Also I don't know if FF is "better" that's opinion/subjective. :0 I personally couldn't get to max level in the early rendition of the game (Post re-launch? Re-work? W/e lol)
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

My gripe lies with the unlimited-ness of flight. If flight mechanics were redesigned to be a way to better interact with the world rather than be a tool to remove interaction from the world, I'd be happier with the implementation.
    Examples would be areas that were accessible only with flight, giving flying (and ground) mounts stamina and hp, limited flight duration, prevention of hover-afking, and whatever between that.
    That way flight could simply be another organic thing rather than something Blizzard has to compromise with.

Quote Originally Posted by Shigenari View Post
    Just because a choice isn't optimal it doesn't mean that the choice doesn't exist - that presupposes a certain mindset, and even if the majority of players will tend away from a certain option, that doesn't still doesn't negate the existence of that choice.

My point isn't really about a preference for one design or another. I personally prefer flying, but that's really secondary to my overarching point that it is the choice itself that I'm promoting.

I'm promoting a system whereby both options exist. It's not practical to argue that if and where choices exist that they should be distinct yet equal as that in itself limits the number of potential choices you could have in any area of the game to only those which can be demonstrated to have identical outcomes. In that regard, disparities exist when it comes to talent selection, raid composition, stat allocation, the method/rate of AP farming, the list goes on. The fact that in all of these areas non-optimal paths exist does not preclude the existence of a choice; objectivity may dictate an optimal path but it is entirely down to the player whether or not to choose it.

In much the same way as if I were to selfishly argue for whatever reason that ground mounts should be disallowed entirely, to the exclusion of having both as viable albeit unequal possibilities as far as optimal paths are concerned, arguing for ground mounts only is just as selfish.

Optimality is not a side-constraint on the reality of distinct choices.
    For the purposes of game design the choice may as well not exist. If all raids were LFR difficulty I doubt many raiders would be happy with the "choice" to remove some of their armour and ignore some abilities to make it more difficult. If you could "choose" to receive every relevant piece of loot from a dungeon on your first run I doubt many people would "choose" to let RNG decide if they get any, even if it would lead to a longer live and overall more satisfying experience. People complained that the garrison in WoD gave them all the ore and herbs they needed even though they could "choose" to go out into the world and take a much longer time getting the same materials.

Heck, Blizz even removed the AH from Diablo 3 (which must have been making some sort of profit) because people were "choosing" the easier way to get geared at the cost of their enjoymeny.

It's just another way for them to force you to play the game as they want, Instead of it being an openworld mmo R P G where you play a role, as you would want to. You play the game as their role, how they want you to play it. I don't care to quest, especially anything more than absolutely required to hit max level. I don't want to run around on a ground mount to find every corner of a map.

Two things that will prevent me from resubbing ever again, because I don't want to do your forced questing and content just to unlock what used to be baseline in the game. So, for the babbies who's only response is good riddance, peace. You are sad people. Stop forcing your view, because you can play the game on a ground mount at will, however we cannot fly at will. There's a difference.

Everything else is easy to get over. RNG diablo legendaries, not that bad. sure they can give someone an edge if you have bad luck, BUT THAT ISN'T TAKING ANYTHING AWAY FROM YOU. You're a bunch of entitled children calling others entitled because they want something different than yourself. AP sucks, but you don't HAVE to grind it. Like you all say, just play the game. It will come.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will be buying no matter what. I like the idea of doing the Pathfinder achievement, though I am against it being a 2-part or more. I wouldn't mind if it was just one part that could be completed without having to wait for late patches.

Get all factions to exalted.
    Get Expansion Loremaster achievement.
    Get full map exploration.
    Complete all dungeons on Heroic, once.
    Experience 2-4 events expansion events.
    Do a full rotation of world bosses (just one kill of each).

And tadaa, enjoy your flight.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Because flying is the way you approach content, not the content itself.
    There's two ways of looking at this.
    I would say there are plenty more ways to look at it than just two.
    Either you're not having to re-earn anything as the Pathfinder only unlocks flight in the latest content - if you learned how to fly in Northrend then you can still fly in Northrend. Ditto with Outland, Pandaria and Draenor.
    Which is pretty damn stupid in my opinion. Cold weather flying being something you have to "learn" beyond learning to fly in general is one thing, or even buying a license to fly in a new Kingdoms/Zones airspace even makes a certain kind of sense. However, making us jump through hoops well beyond what was previously required and making us wait until after you have already done everything and are nearing the end of an expansion before you can have flying back is rather ridiculous in my opinion.
    Or you had to re-earn flying in every expansion (except Cataclysm) by "jumping through hoops" and leveling to the new cap, so Pathfinder isn't changing the fact that they take away what you worked for, it's just changing the work you have to do.
    The amount of work is drastically more. Leveling to cap is something you would have been doing anyways so it barely qualifies as one of the hoops to jump through. Yes, they previously locked/delayed it very briefly behind new level caps, but that is not remotely the same as locking it behind tedious optional time sinks that you can't fully complete until well into and nearing the end of an expansion.

I would rather look at in a third way where they made a terrible decision, apologize, return to the old system of granting flying, and then concentrate on making content that gives people good reason to want to be on the ground without taking away the option to fly if someone chooses.

Look at how many people are enthralled by Blizzard.
    "I'll buy it anyway" is the mentality they prey on.
    These people are the true definition of fanboy.
    Blizzard could release barely anything and these fools would still buy the game, because they are so addicted and enthralled by Blizzard's ability to do nothing wrong ever which is in fact, completely polar opposite to their regular operating stance.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    A common trend I see in the pro-flying community is "I hate the game and I want flying so I can do the things I hate faster"

The worst thing Blizzard ever did, was start listening to the community, because the community is garbage.
    The garbage community also consists of those who want to run on the ground, always. Both sides are and can be, toxic as fuck.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

Get all reps to friendly.

It would make sense storywise. Right now pathfinder makes no sense storywise.

Next expansion hasn't been announced yet. Worry about getting flying in this one first.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by SoulSoBreezy View Post
    My gripe lies with the unlimited-ness of flight. If flight mechanics were redesigned to be a way to better interact with the world rather than be a tool to remove interaction from the world, I'd be happier with the implementation.
    Examples would be areas that were accessible only with flight, giving flying (and ground) mounts stamina and hp, limited flight duration, prevention of hover-afking, and whatever between that.
    That way flight could simply be another organic thing rather than something Blizzard has to compromise with.
    This. Exactly this.

The way that flying works is probably the biggest problem that Blizzard will have to tackle. A Pathfinder-style unlock only delays having to deal with that problem. Whereas tackling the issue at it's roots would allow the problem to not only be solved, but turned into an exciting, interesting feature of the game that ADDS gameplay instead of supposedly detracting from it.

Simply slapping the same old flying into the middle of an expansion is the definition of lazy and uninspired: Two things I would never have thought to associate with Blizzard.

Deleted
    Ever since i got flying in Legion it again feels like WoW to me again.
    So i hope next time we can grind it right away at max level.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    For me No flying on max level = no buying AT ALL, i can accept it for being restricted to max level, but no more grinding for something that Blizzard announcing it as a feature while it was baseline, let me enjoy the content at my pace and the way i want it.
    I bet you said that in WoD and Legion too. See you next expansion

Flying should not be a deal breaker

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    This. Exactly this.

The way that flying works is probably the biggest problem that Blizzard will have to tackle. A Pathfinder-style unlock only delays having to deal with that problem. Whereas tackling the issue at it's roots would allow the problem to not only be solved, but turned into an exciting, interesting feature of the game that ADDS gameplay instead of supposedly detracting from it.

Simply slapping the same old flying into the middle of an expansion is the definition of lazy and uninspired: Two things I would never have thought to associate with Blizzard.
    I guess I have an essay to write =).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    For me No flying on max level = no buying AT ALL, i can accept it for being restricted to max level, but no more grinding for something that Blizzard announcing it as a feature while it was baseline, let me enjoy the content at my pace and the way i want it.
    For every person like you that's giving ultimatums (on the wrong forum, no less) there's someone who doesn't mind the flight unlock, or wouldn't care if it was gone altogether.

/shrug
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

If I could pre order today knowing nothing I would let the 40 to 60 bucks go. I play this game for the people I play it with way more than some x and o feature. Specifically if all it has to do with is getting from point a to point b.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    If you're going to leave, then please don't come back...
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

I think it should either be a time gate with no achievement requirement
    or
    an achievement that you can finish at your own pace that can be completed from day one.

Not both

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Dragonheart View Post
    If you're going to leave, then please don't come back...
    I second this sentiment.

To not buy a content filled expansion just because your mode of transportation is limited to the ground is just asinine imo.