Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    As long as it's not 7.0 or 7.1 (pre malefic?) when the only time I could shine was in Elerethe (mostly due to legendaries, but you get it) I like these changes.

MG is only good because it feels powerfull, but I want to try the other options. WiA is only good in cleave and now we have something going for Haunt as well (but tbf haunt in it's current iteration in ptr is gonna be the 100% pick just like MG is right now, because MG there turned to crap).

It may be a nerf, but I stopped caring about nerfs as long as it's not overkill. I just want to play a spec I enjoy now putting good numbers, doesn't need to be the best numbers.
    But I do advocate that warlocks as a pure should be in the top 5 of E V E R Y fight. We have 3 specs, one of them should be different enough of the others to make it to the top in every encounter.
    Thanks for the heads up!

Quote Originally Posted by Inci View Post
    I'm glad that they are nerfing MG, I hate NH play style I much prefer EN/ToV affliction,
    You prefer attacking a statue? Aka Soul Effigy.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    You prefer attacking a statue? Aka Soul Effigy.
    You still use soul effigy in MG, since even without the nerf to MG Soul Conduit was getting nerfed on its own and SE was already better.

I prefer attacking a statue while moving and being balanced around mobile damage than the shit playstyle of turreting drain soul in raid tiers where you're forced to move or deal with some mechanic all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    You still use soul effigy in MG, since even without the nerf to MG Soul Conduit was getting nerfed on its own and SE was already better.

I prefer attacking a statue while moving and being balanced around mobile damage than the shit playstyle of turreting drain soul in raid tiers where you're forced to move or deal with some mechanic all the time.
    SC isnt nerfed on 7.2.5 it was tooltip error. SC still 20% on ptr.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I've never really understood their internal process and why things happen on the PTR the way they do, but I'm sure there's a reason. Probably makes a lot more sense from the inside.

All I know is its almost never worth completely freaking out about changes in the vacuum of a single PTR build unless its a mechanical change. Simple number tweaks never really matter at this stage as its typically just getting different spells / talents to be a certain % of your dmg before actual final tuning passes happen.
    Builds come out while some changes are in-progress.
    That can include some seriously messed up numbers, and it can include a fraction of the adjustments which make up some bigger change.

People should instead of yelling the sky is falling, talk to blizzard to get a better picture of the intent.
    Then with better information judge if that is the case, which it may or may not be.

Edit:
    In fact they actually ask for the feedback.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    There’s also a new round of class changes ready for testing in this build, with a particular focus on Brewmaster Monks, Discipline Priests, Enhancement Shaman, Outlaw and Subtlety Rogues, Arms Warriors, and all Warlock specs, plus a few tweaks here and there for some other specs. We’re rapidly iterating on these changes (and some of them are already outdated compared to our internal test environments) but please give us any feedback you can on what you see.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...s-build-23958/
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-04-19 at 06:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by noaim View Post
    I must be so shit at playing, because frost mages seem to piss on my dps whenever there is some movement involved, running around spamming an instaspell that is doing 50ish % of their total damage. But yeah, I play a lot less nowadays so I guess it is a player issue, since affliction is so overpowered, I guess I am just around 50% of my dps potential and I probably get grouped with the worlds best frost mages only.
    Yeah it's crap that they do more single target and priority damage. Oh well maybe that will be Destro in Tomb. One can hope.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post

I wouldn't mind Effigy if Blizzard would stop being fucking lazy and give it a nameplate already. It would also be nice if when cast it was placed in front of our character not off to the side.

Eh, that's the least of my problems. It still means I have to run macros for casting the thing, setting it as my focus, and then macros for casting the dots on the effigy instead of my current target.

Already do that with weak auras.

The problem for me is the fact that it's some shitty entity I have to cast and do additional ramp up of agony on and if said target dies so goes the effigy, or during phase switches or despawns like Tichondrius where I have to set the damn thing up again.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    I find it odd that people are shocked that aff is getting the nerf bat. The spec is one of the best at nearly everything. Something had to give.

- - - Updated - - -

Why isnt it viable? Can still go with other talents and still do a shit load of damage. WIll not be the OP MG shit but good players will still do well...
    Yes, there's other talents but a 30% dmg nerf to the main means of dmg of the spec is huge. Be realistic for a second. 30% is fucking huge

Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    Yes, there's other talents but a 30% dmg nerf to the main means of dmg of the spec is huge. Be realistic for a second. 30% is fucking huge
    Yo didn't lose 30% or your damage. The talent lost 30% of its use. Also as someone has said. You're looking at it in a vacuum. They could literally buff affliction damage like they did destro this build.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Builds come out while some changes are in-progress.
    That can include some seriously messed up numbers, and it can include a fraction of the adjustments which make up some bigger change.
    Yeah I just never understand how that plays out. For instance if I'm doing balance changes to a class I would *imagine* I'd probably iron out all those numbers on "paper" and then plug them in all at the same time. But for some reason that typically ends up happening over the course of a few builds.

Though with these like full spec knobs they gave themselves it seems like its happening there a lot more lately. Like I said it'd probably all make sense from the inside.

People should instead of yelling the sky is falling, talk to blizzard to get a better picture of the intent.
    Then with better information judge if that is the case, which it may or may not be.
    Yeah I'm constantly harping on about that to people as you see in this thread. I've tried my best to provide the best feedback / constructive criticism I can and I've absolutely seen blizzard hearing the community out and making changes based on feedback. It just sucks because so much of the feedback is people complaining about blizzard / communication / etc and not actual feedback about the class / spec. And even then lots of things are very off base and or not realistic.

Like even I give feedback hoping for overhauls of specific abilities full well knowing its almost definitely not going to happen. But I'm hoping the gyst of what I'm trying to get at gets across and they maybe take a look at how to address something in a way they can if they agree.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Blue posted that aff will be a strong multidot spec but single target will be weak.

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    Blue posted that aff will be a strong multidot spec but single target will be weak.
    Link ?

10 characters
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

No doubt. But its how blizzard does things. They hamfist nerf swat them. Remember dmeonbolt in BRF last xpack? They buffed the mastery to some crazy stupid high percent then nerfed it INTO the ground shortly after. They have done this since the wrath days. Vanilla and TBC not as much from what I remember. At this point, I just look at it as how they do things.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Yeah I just never understand how that plays out. For instance if I'm doing balance changes to a class I would *imagine* I'd probably iron out all those numbers on "paper" and then plug them in all at the same time. But for some reason that typically ends up happening over the course of a few builds.

Though with these like full spec knobs they gave themselves it seems like its happening there a lot more lately. Like I said it'd probably all make sense from the inside.

Yeah I'm constantly harping on about that to people as you see in this thread. I've tried my best to provide the best feedback / constructive criticism I can and I've absolutely seen blizzard hearing the community out and making changes based on feedback. It just sucks because so much of the feedback is people complaining about blizzard / communication / etc and not actual feedback about the class / spec. And even then lots of things are very off base and or not realistic.

Like even I give feedback hoping for overhauls of specific abilities full well knowing its almost definitely not going to happen. But I'm hoping the gyst of what I'm trying to get at gets across and they maybe take a look at how to address something in a way they can if they agree.
    Not the first time conclusions have been drawn from as little as ONE number change.
    Don't shoot the messenger one word into the message.
    Either let them finish, or at least ask them if there is more.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    happens in 7.2.5 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Uzkin View Post
    Fixed for more accuracy.

Affliction wasn't nowhere near as OP as, say, pre-nerf S2M spriest as evidenced by a simple fact: top guilds were not stacking affliction warlocks (whereas they were stacking S2M priests before). This is because affliction was good for one thing only: sustained single-target turretting, assuming there were also some dying adds present to feed the lock with Souls and SSs. Stacking affliction locks would quickly become a liability due to their shortcomings. Now that affliction's single-target dps (the only thing it was useful for*) has been nerfed to the ground with a sledge-hammer, any affliction warlocks present in the raid will decidedly reduce its performance under almost every scenario (assuming equal skill and gear). These nerfs will kill off affliction from the competitive raiding scene.

*) Affliction was also good at padding at Scorpyron, but it was an easy boss and one-of-a-kind fight so this "strength" is just a niche not worth discussing much.
    1. Affliction was not broken strong until 7.2. Raid compositions were largely made up by that point, and most of the top end guild progression (I.E the ones that bother to stack classes in the first place) was done.

2. S2M had a mechanic to it that Affliction did not have to deal with; not doing insanely high damage until you pop something that kills you when it's over. Affliction has 0 risk to its damage, deals with movement relatively well, and did more single target tunnel damage than the large majority of specs do cleave.

I hope they redistribute some of the lost MG damage into other DoTs, but be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by garonne View Post
    Yo didn't lose 30% or your damage. The talent lost 30% of its use. Also as someone has said. You're looking at it in a vacuum. They could literally buff affliction damage like they did destro this build.
    Please, explain to me how it is not a 30% dmg loss? It's quite literally a 30% dmg loss. Not sure how you do not comprehend that. The main staple ability of Affliction is our Drain. How is it, when an ability that makes our dots deal 70% more drop down to 40% NOT a loss? I'm looking at it through a vacuum? What the hell are you talking about? Straight up, we're losing 30% dmg from our dots while draining which is HUGE. That's like telling Destruction, hey don't use Incinerate at all, or Demonology to not use their pets. It's significant, and that's putting it lightly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    That's fucking pointless for them to turn it into that style spec. Dungeon mobs die incredibly quick that I don't get get all my dots on multiple mobs before they're already dead. Trash mobs in raids die incredibly quick. Why can't Blizz get their fuckin shit straight when it comes to the Warlock? Has any class since WoW's inception undergone such huge changes as the Warlock has?
    Last edited by Extremities; 2017-04-19 at 09:57 PM.

Please, explain to me how it is not a 30% dmg loss? It's quite literally a 30% dmg loss. Not sure how you do not comprehend that. The main staple ability of Affliction is our Drain. How is it, when an ability that makes our dots deal 70% more drop down to 40% NOT a loss? I'm looking at it through a vacuum? What the hell are you talking about? Straight up, we're losing 30% dmg from our dots while draining which is HUGE. That's like telling Destruction, hey don't use Incinerate at all, or Demonology to not use their pets. It's significant, and that's putting it lightly.
    Your dot does 100 damage baseline.
    With MG, each tick does 170 -> this will become 140. It's a ~21% nerf to dots WHEN you channel MG.

You don't lose your pet damage, and you don't lose any damage while casting UA/Agony/Corr/SL/Life Tap, so it's even less than that.

Your dots do damage without drain, let's call that 100% of your dot damage, you drain, and it adds 70% of that damage on top, so you're at 170% damage. Now you'd be at 140% damage. So no it's not a full 30% nerf, more like a 15~% nerf. But then you have pets and stuff that aren't buffed by drain at all, making up other parts of your damage, so it's even smaller than 15%.

I hope we can go back to haunt style gameplay, I just wish we had sbolt instead of drain for a filler.

- - - Updated - - -

That's fucking pointless for them to turn it into that style spec. Dungeon mobs die incredibly quick that I don't get get all my dots on multiple mobs before they're already dead. Trash mobs in raids die incredibly quick. Why can't Blizz get their fuckin shit straight when it comes to the Warlock? Has any class since WoW's inception undergone such huge changes as the Warlock has?
    100% of your damage isn't dots. you have drain soul and pet damage that aren't getting buffed. so what happens is you're losing 30% damage on dots when you're casting drain soul. anything that isn't buffed with drain soul doesn't apply with the nerf.
    Last edited by garonne; 2017-04-20 at 12:14 AM.