Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    They still need to provide quarterly activity data to shareholders. Hence Tos is coming inJune, end of Q2
    They do not have to provide activity data for any individual game. They were providing sub numbers in the past because they were a good thing to show, it provided hype for the stock. They pick and choose what numbers they show per quarter.
    They do show an aggregate number across all their games now (MAU: Monthly Active Users), that is the one number they still show every quarter.

In the fourth quarter, they did reference that WoW saw an increase in total play time for the quarter, but that doesn't really tell you whether the number of paying players went up, down, or stayed the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    They do not have to provide activity data for any individual game. They were providing sub numbers in the past because they were a good thing to show, it provided hype for the stock. They pick and choose what numbers they show per quarter.
    They do show an aggregate number across all their games now (MAU: Monthly Active Users), that is the one number they still show every quarter.

In the fourth quarter, they did reference that WoW saw an increase in total play time for the quarter, but that doesn't really tell you whether the number of paying players went up, down, or stayed the same.
    Still, the patch was rushed to boost results for Q1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    - New Daily Quest Hub I agree

- New Building Mechanic that gives expansion wide benefits I agree BUT the fact they need constantly rebuilding is tedious

- New Dungeon I agree

- New Pet Battle Dungeon I agree

- New items, toys, mounts, pets I agree

- New Story Quests every week (not immediately but the first quest was available on day 1 lol) I agree but the Khadgar one was BS, each quest should've felt meaningful

- New Zone World Quest Meh more WQs

- New Class Specific World Quests (delayed 1 week) I expected more than just a WQ with a class NPC

- New Zone Invasions (delayed 1 week) This was a huge clusterfuck, people didn't expect the awkward timing and expected rewards like reputation

- New AK Levels Meh not really content

- New Artifact Weapon Traits I agree but they could've been more interesting

- New Class Hall Quest Chains I don't like how it's tied to reputation

- New Solo Challenge Dungeons Again people expected something anybody can attempt for solo players, not something impossible if you're below ilvl 900+

- New Artifact Appearances Limited to a small %
    To your point about the Solo Challenge Dungeons, I think it was clearly stated from blizzard themselves that right now they will be extremely hard and will get easier as more and more gear becomes available. Certainly there are loads of people who have completed the challenge with sub 900 ilvl gear.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    That would make you the Gray Knight :P
    So...

I'm normal, then? :O

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    To your point about te Solo Challenge Dungeons, I think it was clearly stated from blizzard themselves that right now they will be extremely hard and will get easier as more and more gear becomes available. Certainly there are loads of people who have completed the challenge with sub 900 ilvl gear.
    Yeah cause they they got the right legendarys and/or an easier boss for their specc try Agatha as Elemental sub 900 without roots or prydaz it's impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tet666 View Post
    Yeah cause they they got the right legendarys and/or an easier boss for their specc try Agatha as Elemental sub 900 without roots or prydaz it's impossible.
    how many times have you tried to do it without those legendaries?

Its not something that will only take you 5-6 tries. Think of it as a mythic raid boss designed as a challenge to one person.

When guilds attempt mythic raid bosses, sometimes they can put in 100+ attempts before killing them, sometimes even 2-3-400+ attempts. (and of course every week they attempt them their gear is a a bit better to be able to do so)

Deleted
    how many times have you tried to do it without those legendaries?

~50-60 trys kinda lost count.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I expected a weekly questline like Suramar.

What I got was a joke quest that took 2 seconds to give Khadgar 2500 nether shards and told to wait for next week.
    I think this quest was a mistake. The one the first week was fine a bit of running around took about an hour or so not to bad. Along the lines of the WOD ones. But going up to a guy handing him nethershards and then waiting a week is some of the cheesiest time gating content padding I have seen.

10+ Year Old Account
    ~50-60 trys kinda lost count.
    Respectable. Did you see improvement with each try?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Most of what you mentioned is just irrelevant or should have been included upon launch, like paragon reps or all legion dungeons being tuned for M+ as well. New content has in the past mostly been stuff that advances the story. So far in one month of 7.2 only two weeks have advanced the actual story (last week and the first). The content in 7.2 is dire.

Regardless, this new "era" also means more RNG and more timegating to milk every possible subscriber as much as possible. Stuff like faction mounts and PvP gear being RNG is connected to "providing more content", that is, players take a lot more time getting what they want. Also, look how small the whole new continent is. It is just that they use every last bit of it. Had the same sytem been employed for all other expansions, Legion would not be praised as it sometimes is now.

Also, why hype it up as the biggest patch ever?

P.S: the new pet battle dungeon is nothing imaginative at all, you cannot even get new pets from there. Just Wailing Caverns with boring uninspired beast pets.

Also, the problem with the Broken Shore storyline isn't necessarily the time-gating itself, it's largely about presentation and other things going on.

The time-gating isn't obscured in any way with any sort of lore reasoning. We go from a gung-ho "reclaim the Broken Shore" scenario that would make story sense to lead directly into the Tomb of Sargeras to... standing around and waiting for stuff to happen and it feels very jarring. (Especially so when Khadgar, Maiev, and Illidan are just standing around while whatever tower we've built is being destroyed by the Legion.)

Part of the problem is that right now we can make it up to the portal to Tomb of Sargeras with nothing stopping us. It's very obvious we're being artificially time-gated. Lock that stuff away. Surround it with masses of extremely difficult elite enemies. Make it dangerous to get in. Make it clear we have to work past the outside defenses slowly before we can make it in. Give us storyline reasons why we're being held back.

This sort of thing happened a lot with storyline that was gated by reputation in the past. If the rep came from daily quests, it was time-gated, and sometimes it felt time-gated, but it rarely felt artificially time-gated. This was not the case with Molten Front or IoT for example. By contrast, in the IoT in 5.2 it made complete sense that we were slowly clearing out the temple to get to the Thunderlord and his minions, the progress wasn't measured in disposable buildings but in more and more areas of new content being unlocked which all further served to lead into the raid. It all felt more natural.

The other problem is that the complaints about the time-gated storyline/content release were compounded by Legionfall rep being needed to get flying. You've got this story that goes from "go go go" to "stand around and wait" and that adds to the frustrated feelings people were having about the pace of Legionfall rep gains and unlocking flying. We were being kept from stuff on two fronts and feelings about Pathfinder 2 helped to sour feelings about Broken Shore content.

Edit: May I also draw attention to how half-assed the patch seems? Aside from the countless bugs, some of which are still present, there is no backstory to any of the new order hall missions, no wild pet battles on the Broken Shore (first among all the zones, and BS is not as war-torn as some other zones), no weapon story advancement to justify all those new 25 Artifact Knowledge ranks. Over time I have grown to notice Blizzard has an eye for detail but this patch all they really seem to have cared about is getting it out as possible to raise subsciption numbers for the first fiscal quarter. Why not wait two weeks to fix some bugs? And not pretend "Shard Times" is worth to be a stand-alone chapter in the campaign?
    This was the biggest waste of 45 seconds I've spent reading in my entire life. Just a bunch of whiney, delusional bitching that summarizes what the rest of the clown-car full of whiners spout out of their mouths
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

7+ Year Old Account
    Let me put in my two sense.. I've been un-subbed for about 4-5 months now.. why do you ask? gated content, weekly quest loadouts, raids not tuned properly, mythic+ taking all the fame. Don't get me wrong I been playing wow forever since BC and would lie to you if I said I would quit forever, but since the changes I've not had an "itch" to sub for so little content each patch. I will wait until the very last patch before they get ready to do the next expansion then I will play the game. This is the only way to fully experience wow now a days. Now put in your mind if it took 2 maybe 3 years between expansions how much content we would have all in one lump sum? I will continue to enjoy Elder Scrolls Online, can't wait for the Morrowind expansion!

Deleted
    Respectable. Did you see improvement with each try?

A bit but then i hit a wall i watched every elemental kill vid out there and there just is no way to do this with my 893 gear and shitty legendarys.
    Btw i only needed about 10 trys on my similar geared Havoc DH so something clearly isn't right here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    Let me put in my two sense.. I've been un-subbed for about 4-5 months now.. why do you ask? gated content, weekly quest loadouts, raids not tuned properly, mythic+ taking all the fame. Don't get me wrong I been playing wow forever since BC and would lie to you if I said I would quit forever, but since the changes I've not had an "itch" to sub for so little content each patch. I will wait until the very last patch before they get ready to do the next expansion then I will play the game. This is the only way to fully experience wow now a days. Now put in your mind if it took 2 maybe 3 years between expansions how much content we would have all in one lump sum? I will continue to enjoy Elder Scrolls Online, can't wait for the Morrowind expansion!
    What new content does Elder Scrolls Online put out on a regular and consistant basis that isnt just small shitty content patches?

- - - Updated - - -

A bit but then i hit a wall i watched every elemental kill vid out there and there just is no way to do this with my 893 gear and shitty legendarys.
    Btw i only needed about 10 trys on my similar geared Havoc DH so something clearly isn't right here.
    Ahh gotcha. Yeah well, some classes might have an easier time than others due to mechanics of the class. Not really a big deal, just wait till you get some better gear and go at it again

7+ Year Old Account
    What new content does Elder Scrolls Online put out on a regular and consistant basis that isnt just small shitty content patches?
    They don't need to put on patches, yeah the DLCs were fun but let me put it this way. I went back to a starter zone just the other night and found things to do I didn't even know was there. Since 2013 I haven't had an issue logging onto ESO and finding something to do.. just love the game and the story is maybe equally or better than wow's lore.

Deleted
    Ahh gotcha. Yeah well, some classes might have an easier time than others due to mechanics of the class. Not really a big deal, just wait till you get some better gear and go at it again
    Yeah well that's still BS but then it's just a stupid weapon skin anyway so who cares.

10+ Year Old Account
    They don't need to put on patches, yeah the DLCs were fun but let me put it this way. I went back to a starter zone just the other night and found things to do I didn't even know was there. Since 2013 I haven't had an issue logging onto ESO and finding something to do.. just love the game and the story is maybe equally or better than wow's lore.
    I've played Wow since Vanilla (so what like 13 years) and there are parts of the world that I haven't even seen or explored. There are also quests that I have never done. There are tons of lore books i've never read. Not really seeing your point here.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah well that's still BS but then it's just a stupid weapon skin anyway so who cares.
    ehh, its not so bad though. At least you completed the challenge on another one of your characters

The fun part is completing the challenge and knowing you were able to do it.

when I participate in Mythic raiding / progression raiding, i really only have a desire to kill each boss once just to say I did it. Of course we have to kill earlier bosses several times to get geared enough to kill the last boss once, but thats another topic.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've played Wow since Vanilla (so what like 13 years) and there are parts of the world that I haven't even seen or explored. There are also quests that I have never done. There are tons of lore books i've never read. Not really seeing your point here.
    This is true, but I would argue that is not equally fun or challenging. All zones in ESO scale to your level / CP so it's like your discovering something new for the firs time, or if you already been there it's just as much fun as a newer zone. I'll give you an example.. looking for lore books in ESO is way more satisfying to find and read than in wow. A lot of wow content just bores me to death and seems like a job more than a game.

Loving 7.2 and all the new content so much, my only downvote is for the rep flying thing, flying should be earned by a big grind and blizz gave so much rep for free to help casuals. Beside that, this is the best xpac since BC

10+ Year Old Account
    This is true, but I would argue that is not equally fun or challenging. All zones in ESO scale to your level / CP so it's like your discovering something new for the firs time, or if you already been there it's just as much fun as a newer zone. I'll give you an example.. looking for lore books in ESO is way more satisfying to find and read than in wow. A lot of wow content just bores me to death and seems like a job more than a game.
    Can you fly in ESO? I'd say when the vanilla content of WoW had only ground transportation, I was much more inclined to go exploring and find those hidden lore books in broken down castles and such because there was a challenge in the journey to get there. Now? Not so much anymore because I can just hop on over on a flying mount to bypass everything.

But yes, to your point about world scaling, I think WoW is slowly but surely moving in that direction which is a + in my book.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can you fly in ESO? I'd say when the vanilla content of WoW had only ground transportation, I was much more inclined to go exploring and find those hidden lore books in broken down castles and such because there was a challenge in the journey to get there. Now? Not so much anymore because I can just hop on over on a flying mount to bypass everything.

But yes, to your point about world scaling, I think WoW is slowly but surely moving in that direction which is a + in my book.
    I really don't like flying in wow, I mean it was a huge deal when BC came out and you could fly anywhere you wanted, it was an enticing way to get you to play the game. Now? I think every expansion since it's been less fun to fly places. The only time I used it was to fly to raids, but even then flight points were adjusted and get you there just as fast. Would I want to fly in ESO? hell no that would ruin everything.