Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Now will Bill take personal responsibility and admit the reason why he was fired?

Or will he be like Matt Drudge did yesterday and go the typical conservative route and blame the media for Bill's demise?

Going to be interesting to see how Fox News breaks the news to their special sensitive viewers. They can't keep saying Bill is "On vacation" or can they? Will they admit why Bill was fired or will they also blame the media? What ever happened to the slew of women that have left Fox over the past 2 years? They are NEVER mentioned on air on Fox, but this is a male host. Maybe they will treat him leaving different. We'll see...

I'm happy with this change. I think it ultimately makes the 8pm-11pm line up stronger. Never thought bill was entertaining. From what I understand, he had settled other similar cases in the past so good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    LOL - Bill O'Reilly being let go from Fox is about as possible as Hillary Clinton winning the 2016 election.
    So Hillary still has a chance...and if she still has a chance, so does Bernie!

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I'm happy with this change. I think it ultimately makes the 8pm-11pm line up stronger. Never thought bill was entertaining. From what I understand, he had settled other similar cases in the past so good riddance.
    I'm not sure how losing a ratings giant makes the line up stronger, from their perspective. But, yeah his show is not what it once was. It was like he had a tee time to make, and was just going through the motions of his rigid format.

I think Megyn Kelley is still sorely missed. Martha McCallum is nice but, that show has zero energy. I predict Tucker moves in to the slot, and Kennedy's Fox Business show moves over to Fox News. I really hope they don't do something to appeal to old farts, like putting Lou Dobbs in there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Post this thread.

Go to work.

Come back and find that the world is now a slightly better place.

Considering this is like the 12th major name that Fox has let go for sexual harassment (although let's face it, O'Reilly is the biggest name of them all that has been let go), shouldn't Fox News be getting some kind of nickname that pertains to the low moral standards of this conservative mouth piece?

Foxy Lady Harassment News just doesn't roll off the tongue.

Come on, someone work with me here, @GennGreymane, @THE Bigzoman, @Skroe, @alexw, @Nixx, we need something witty and catchy! @Tijuana can even get in on the fun if he wants.
    Last edited by Cthulhu 2020; 2017-04-19 at 09:34 PM.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Post this thread.

Go to work.

Considering this is like the 12th major name that Fox has let go for sexual harassment (although let's face it, O'Reilly is the biggest name of them all that has been let go), shouldn't Fox News be getting some kind of nickname that pertains to the low moral standards of this conservative mouth piece?

Come on, someone work with me here, @GennGreymane, @THE Bigzoman, @Skroe, @alexw, @Nixx, we need something witty and catchy!
    Aside from Roger Ailes and Big Bill, who are the other 10 that have been let go for this type of behavior?

I would also argue that what Bill did was FAR worse, unless I am mistaken about Ailes. I thought it was mostly inappropriate comments for Ailes, not quid pro quo.

My big burning desire now though, is to know which women accepted O'Reilly's terms. So gross...

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I'm not sure how losing a ratings giant makes the line up stronger, from their perspective. But, yeah his show is not what it once was. It was like he had a tee time to make, and was just going through the motions of his rigid format.

I think Megyn Kelley is still sorely missed. Martha McCallum is nice but, that show has zero energy. I predict Tucker moves in to the slot, and Kennedy's Fox Business show moves over to Fox News. I really hope they don't do something to appeal to old farts, like putting Lou Dobbs in there.
    I just mean they are moving forward with a younger crew that I think will be good in the long run. Tucker is taking his spot and I expect him to do very well there.

I'll bet tonight breaks the ratings record for the 8:00 slot. Everyone wants to tune in to see how they announce the firing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    I just mean they are moving forward with a younger crew that I think will be good in the long run. Tucker is taking his spot and I expect him to do very well there.
    Yeah, Tucker already has similar ratings to Bill, beating nearly all other shows. He has a great format: let crazy people from the news speak their crazy thoughts, instead of interrupting them and shouting them down. It's basically The Daily Show interviews, in a non-sarcastic, non-edited format.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-04-19 at 09:38 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Aside from Roger Ailes and Big Bill, who are the other 10 that have been let go for this type of behavior?

I would also argue that what Bill did was FAR worse, unless I am mistaken about Ailes. I thought it was mostly inappropriate comments for Ailes, not quid pro quo.

My big burning desire now though, is to know which women accepted O'Reilly's terms. So gross...
    Yeah, apparently according to everyone but well, him, he's made numerous advances at women, and as Trump put it, when you're rich and powerful, women just let you do things to them!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    That's the person. The word is always a racist word, it can be used in a context that the person using it isn't racist though.
    Sounds like we mean the same thing but are just saying it in different ways. Racism to me is more about the person and their intended meaning than it is about a word. But yes, a racial slur is just that, but it doesn't necessarily make the person using it racist.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So does Mr. Oreiley like his hot chocolate with or without milk?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    So does Mr. Oreiley like his hot chocolate with or without milk?
    The only real hot chocolate is made with milk. Everything else is just powdered ass in hot water.

(As for the allegations that hot chocolate is racist, that's the claim of the anonymous woman who claims she was harassed by O'Reilly, not my word)

Yeah, apparently according to everyone but well, him, he's made numerous advances at women, and as Trump put it, when you're rich and powerful, women just let you do things to them!
    Yeah, I heard that too. But, there is something about quid pro quo that is just far, far worse, imo. It's one thing to think your power might give you a chance; it's another to actually present the notion in a transactional manner.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The only real hot chocolate is made with milk. Everything else is just powdered ass in hot water.

(As for the allegations that hot chocolate is racist, that's the claim of the anonymous woman who claims she was harassed by O'Reilly, not my word)

Oh no, i'm not tripping about that. It's kind of funny. This story has my girlfriend calling me hot chocolate now.

Thanks Fox.

But i've got nothing here, yet...

Post this thread.

Go to work.

Come on, someone work with me here, @GennGreymane, @THE Bigzoman, @Skroe, @alexw, @Nixx, we need something witty and catchy! @Tijuana can even get in on the fun if he wants.
    Eh, not really my bag but I'll give it a go. These are not very good.

Faux News: Fair and Balanced (if you blow me)

Faux News: You report, we describe (how good you were in bed)

Faux News: 17 years running as the number one cable out of court settler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krigaren View Post
    Uh, calling a black person "chocolate" is racist. Yes. It's a racial epithet.
    Yet when whites get called " Cracker " Biscuit " etc " in public its totally okay and laughed at. Doublestandard much?
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, not really my bag but I'll give it a go. These are not very good.

Faux News 69: Fair and Balanced

Faux News: we report only the bare essentials.

Faux News: 17 years running from one sorority at a time.
    Fixed for actual humor...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was surprised they let him go, esp. after just a week ago signing a new multi-year contract with him. But the lost of so many sponsors and mounting pressure from the accusations was too much.
    He had a good run and is a multi millionaire who will retire and live in luxury the rest of his life. Tucker taking over his slot at 8 pm was a good move by Fox and I do like the Five coming on now at 9 pm. Much better slot for myself. Fox News will continue to dominate the Cable news network ratings is my prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Fixed for actual humor...
    Thanks! I agree mine were bad.

Are black folks oppressed?
    It's all a matter of perspective, I suppose. Can already tell that any discussion on that matter with you will have no meaningful outcome (including agreeing to disagree)