Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Maybe it's a game specifically dedicated to focus and expand upon the most successful aspect of Wildstar - the housing system.
    Dont think that this type of game would need a lead combat designer . Well my best guess is survival game, moba was just a joke

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Dont think that this type of game would need a lead combat designer . Well my best guess is survival game, moba was just a joke
    It is a huge stretch, but it could potentially be some tower defense hybrid like Orcs Must Die where you build up an area and defend it in a first/third person view. That would require someone with knowledge of combat systems.

Effectively, it would be like a mutant love child of the housing system and what warplots were meant to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Nehezbegar View Post
    Who said that corporations are lead by logic ?
    NCsoft doesn't launch games that compete with each other like that.

That's why they canned CoH to free up market space for GW2/Wildstar. That's also why they delayed bringing Blade and Soul to the West until after those games had launched (and GW2's had Heart of Thorns out the gate) so that they wouldn't be launching competitors to their own products (even though they're going after different segments of the MMO market).

NCsoft are no geniuses, especially when it comes to how they handle their business in the West (the usual Korean company ignorance and obtuseness mixed with poor Western leadership). But I'd be surprised if they were that stupid, especially seeing as the majority of the explosive growth of the MOBA market has already passed.

Deleted
    Lol Ncsoft does not even let holiday events start at the same time in each game

PS4 port in the works ? With the limited action bar, this game was made for consoles ( my 6 year old daughter plays it perfect now using a game pad )

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post

PS4 port in the works ? With the limited action bar, this game was made for consoles ( my 6 year old daughter plays it perfect now using a game pad )
    Babystabber will be a pro one day, I can feel it

ANYWAY, this is potentially huge, it does not have unreal as a mandatory req, but as a bonus, that could be because the in house functions similarly to Unreal.

It very well could be an expansion, or even a console port, if so, that state of the universe post is all the more triggering.

Or it could be a new IP, hope not, didn't work so well last time.
    It could be a survival game in the Wildstar universe, Conan Exiles is doing great.
    Can't be a moba,

Although I dread the thought, it could be a Wildstar based Freemium game that is GUARANTEED to at least rake in a few million a quarter just because the market there.

I have no idea, but I am excited to find out.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

NCsoft only has control over their own titles, and there's no reason for each team to not control the events in their respective games.

Look at the listings, there are Unreal Engine references for the folks they're hiring, indicating that this is actually a new project as Wildstar runs on an in-house engine. Also, you don't hire concept artists for a port of an existing title.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    There's been a big boost in the playerbase lately, have no idea why but the areas were crowded even before the double exp event started.

Would be cool if people tried the game again as it is far from a bad game, especially now that the difficulty isn't as crazy as it was back at launch.

Quote Originally Posted by Farron69 View Post
    There's been a big boost in the playerbase lately, have no idea why but the areas were crowded even before the double exp event started.

Would be cool if people tried the game again as it is far from a bad game, especially now that the difficulty isn't as crazy as it was back at launch.
    Free level 50 character for the Primal Matrix update. The game saw a nice bump between folks excited about the patch and then the free max level characters. It's dipped since then, but there's still a nice new crop of 50's (either just fresh characters, or new/returning folks).

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Free level 50 character for the Primal Matrix update. The game saw a nice bump between folks excited about the patch and then the free max level characters. It's dipped since then, but there's still a nice new crop of 50's (either just fresh characters, or new/returning folks).
    Ohh not just the 50 content, the 1-49 content was full when I ran through it last week, sadly I missed the free lvl 50 character so I didn't get in on that D:

I don't see a console port happening. Not enough monies. Also the description seems more like a new game than something for Wildstar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Never understood that myself. "Yeah feel free to do side quest content and enjoy your XP being reduced for it." Really awful system if you ask me.
    As someone who cleared zones this really bugged me and didn't even know a thing back then

- - - Updated - - -

That is my thinking honestly. A console port would do wonders and play insanely well imo.

Other thing is maybe convert it to a single player game somehow?

Orrr pulling a FFXIV

Deleted
    SO......http://www.mmorpg.com/news/carbine-s...ame-1000043972

Building upon more than ten years of creating unique game worlds and experiences, Carbine Studios is bringing together a world-class team of talented and passionate developers for its next unannounced title.

Somebody somewhere is chucking money at them it seems
    Last edited by mmoc73340f41a2; 2017-04-19 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well maybe...a strategy game?

They already have the assets from this game and they only need to flip them into units, make up some story and so on.

A warcraft/starcraft clone would be a pretty good idea, since it will also pull more people in wildstar after. (and there wasnt any good one on market for a while)

Dominion vs Exiles vs Ikran (space fish people) vs ? (expansion race).

Eldan could be something similar like that robot race from warhammer. (that can robotoize your dead)
    The strain could work somehow like zerg. (but when defeating the enemy, they have a change to take it over)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    If the pay master is Ncsoft ? Then I also see a bright future for Wildstar.

If the pay master is Ncsoft ? Then I also see a bright future for Wildstar.
    You realize if NCsoft fund this unannounced title and it suffers like Wildstar did then they won't bother with Carbine anymore?

My guess is a random bunch of investors.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    My guess is a random bunch of investors.
    It's still a wholly owned subsidiary of NCsoft, which would make that complicated as hell but not impossible. I'm really curious as well though, because I find it hard to believe NCsoft give them the money for another game after WS's poor performance. But equally hard to believe that NCsoft would allow them to seek outside investment and not retain total control/Carbine could find investors fine with ceding ultimate control to NCsoft.

Everything about this is odd. If WS had been a hit, it would be easy to make sense of.

Deleted
    On last weeks stream, pappy and blizzard boy talked about it being some “week” without going into details! They seemed very relaxed together....my money is on it being a Ncsoft project.

SO......http://www.mmorpg.com/news/carbine-s...ame-1000043972

Building upon more than ten years of creating unique game worlds and experiences, Carbine Studios is bringing together a world-class team of talented and passionate developers for its next unannounced title.

Somebody somewhere is chucking money at them it seems
    At least they have experience. I have learned more from the times that things went wrong than the times that I did everything right. Right now, their issues aren't technical in nature.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Matter View Post
    At least they have experience. I have learned more from the times that things went wrong than the times that I did everything right. Right now, their issues aren't technical in nature.
    Well only design was a failure (and marketing, but thats not the programer problem).
    So we can expect a more easy-going game this time.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's still a wholly owned subsidiary of NCsoft, which would make that complicated as hell but not impossible. I'm really curious as well though, because I find it hard to believe NCsoft give them the money for another game after WS's poor performance. But equally hard to believe that NCsoft would allow them to seek outside investment and not retain total control/Carbine could find investors fine with ceding ultimate control to NCsoft.

Everything about this is odd. If WS had been a hit, it would be easy to make sense of.
    Extremely hard to believe that NCsoft would let a subsidiary work for investors. Much more likely some assets, that were produced originally for Wildstar (maybe some new pvp mode) are being re-used with a better engine. Wildstar is most likely no longer worth the effort and this could basically be a gamble in a popular genre (FPS or MOBA) with limited financial risk.

Isn't Overwatch at least to a certain degree part of the Titan leftovers?