Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Equality should be actual equality. Not just grabbing the good stuff and pushing for not having to deal with the shit too. This is a step in the right direction as long as women do not have lower standards than the men do for actually making it.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    If you're a feminist you automatically subscribe to their views.

Silence is silent approval.
    I am not a feminist. And there are different forms of feminists, same as different forms of religions.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    I am not a feminist. And there are different forms of feminists, same as different forms of religions.
    Yep. There are two kinds: those who strove for equality in the 1960's and 1970's, and then achieved it. And the other group, who denies the accomplishments of the women in the first group, and continues to fight as if nothing changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    It was an exaggeration lol, but they'd get exhausted in like no time from all the running and crouching around.
    They get lighter guns. "Ermahgerd equaliteh", yeh well, if you insist on drafting women and expect them to carry heavy equipment like a large man, then they're damned if they do damned if they don't.

I am all for women being allowed on the frontline, but ONLY, if they pass in the same capacity as a man, for whatever they're aspiring to do. However, in terms of efficiency, women do, overall, have less upper body strength, and thus less overall capacity for carrying around heavier weapons, but there are lighter weapons that can serve the purpose they're needed for.

They don't have to pass training for fun dude.

If draft has to happen at all, yeh, fine, draft women as well, it's only fair treatment, but I would personally prefer that nobody get drafted whatsoever.

This is fantastic news if true.

First, women should be drafted, there is no longer an excuse they cannot serve and if need be die defending this great nation.

Second, such legislature could prove a reinstatement of the military draft is imminent. This would be a huge boon for the economy and a huge boon to today's snowflake youth who need a nice swift kick in the rear. Nothing is handed to you, you need to work for it, nothing would be as valuable a lesson as performing at a high level in the military.

And finally, this would send a huge, dramatic message to the inferior countries who think America is a pushover. Trump is not playing around, you fly off the handle, you face the wraith of the mighty American military who have no equal.

Jimmy Thick- Eight years for Trump!

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Yep. There are two kinds: those who strove for equality in the 1960's and 1970's, and then achieved it. And the other group, who denies the accomplishments of the women in the first group, and continues to fight as if nothing changed.
    this very thread disproves your entire statement lol.

also drafts are dumb, dont need a bunch of sniveling kids forced to serve who wont give 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by darenyon View Post
    this very thread disproves your entire statement lol.

also drafts are dumb, dont need a bunch of sniveling kids forced to serve who wont give 100%.
    Yeah, that didn't work at all in WWII, right? We could have won that war with our 30k volunteers!

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7028411.html

Wow. Talk about moving in the wrong direction.
    So its ok to draft men not women, what about equality?

Yeah, that didn't work at all in WWII, right? We could have won that war with our 30k volunteers!
    shoot why stop there, draft the little kids like they did in the civil war too.

shoot why stop there, draft the little kids like they did in the civil war too.
    What are you on about? Toddler size guns are a new product.

I don't care who fights because I'm sure as hell not fighting.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk

What are you on about? Toddler size guns are a new product.
    modern warfare does not necessitate vast battalions of warm bodies. ww2 itself kind of ended that approach after they made some important scientific developments.

also its not fun to deal with people who will do almost anything to not be in that situation.

modern warfare does not necessitate vast battalions of warm bodies. ww2 itself kind of ended that approach after they made some important scientific developments.

also its not fun to deal with people who will do almost anything to not be in that situation.
    Really? How come nobody thought of that before? Oh wait, they did:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientious_objector

This is really such a moot argument in this day and age. The US army is so overfunded there should be no reason they would ever need to call for a draft. In this era, war is fought with technology and with the looming threat of nukes... less so men storming the beach on D day in a numbers battle.

Really? How come nobody thought of that before? Oh wait, they did:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscientious_objector
    wow tijuana you have singlehandedly solved the problem, you are so clever. there must be absolutely no desertions or suicides in the military then.

when i went through boot camp every day there would be someone who would break down in tears (usually the males) and beg to go back home. and then there were those who would attempt suicide or have depression and whatnot after getting to their first unit. that was those who *voluntarily signed up.*
    people dont realize what theyve gotten into, they change their mind, etc etc. i can only imagine it would be orders of magnitudes worse with a forced draft.
    so to my view you are essentially advocating for more dead weight.

wow tijuana you have singlehandedly solved the problem, you are so clever. there must be absolutely no desertions or suicides in the military then.

when i went through boot camp every day there would be someone who would break down in tears (usually the males) and beg to go back home. and then there were those who would attempt suicide or have depression and whatnot after getting to their first unit. that was those who *voluntarily signed up.*
    people dont realize what theyve gotten into, they change their mind, etc etc. i can only imagine it would be orders of magnitudes worse with a forced draft.
    so to my view you are essentially advocating for more dead weight.
    PTSD is not something to joke about, and it has NOTHING to do with cowardice. I find your assertion that it does to be disgusting.

PTSD is not something to joke about, and it has NOTHING to do with cowardice. I find your assertion that it does to be disgusting.
    i never asserted that, but i find your advocating forcing it onto people to be disgusting. let people decide for themselves if they are capable or willing to do military service. if they dont want to defend their country in time of need forcing them to will only bog down those who are willing.

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    This is really such a moot argument in this day and age. The US army is so overfunded there should be no reason they would ever need to call for a draft. In this era, war is fought with technology and with the looming threat of nukes... less so men storming the beach on D day in a numbers battle.
    US Military is underfunded and US Army is undermanned for the missions civilians given to them. My best friend did two tours in Afghanistan and is going back for a third next week as a contractor (which is how the US says it is "bringing the troops home" without actually doing it), this time making nearly $200,000. And there are guys who did four and five tours in Iraq and Afghanistan.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    If anyone has to sign up, everyone should have to.
    it's a good thing i dont meet the criteria im too old.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

its fucking hilarious, I can do a little search and find hundreds of army-woman topics where people insist women can do army stuff, marine training etc, but when the shit gets real, it is wrong direction? are you fucking kidding?