Poll: What's your decision ?

Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    So the pro-flying folks finally got their flying and now they wanna start talking about flying in the next expansion? Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    You are right, you can enjoy Diablo without flying....

ps : don't post such dumby posts.
    In that case you should take your own advice and delete this thread. Then uninstall WoW if it matters that much to you. No one at all will miss you.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keile View Post
    I think Legion handled it right. Hell at 110 when you got that Flight Master Whistle, getting around was already a breeze.

So long as they do something like that again next expansion they can keep doing Pathfinder achievements like they have been.
    Exactly this. I never felt like I was slow when I hit max level between the whistle, the kite, two hearthstones, teleports (for certain classes,) and the numerous FP.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    flying adds nothing to the game for me. i got it today after doing what i normally do and i flew to the top of a statue then logged out. flying is a way for me to log out on top of new stuff nothing more i couldn't care less if they took it out forever.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really care, since Flying is such a trivial thing in WoW these days I don't see the problem with it not being in at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    So the pro-flying folks finally got their flying and now they wanna start talking about flying in the next expansion? Wow.
    Yep. They will continue to beat the dead horse until they get EXACTLY what they want.

They wanted flying, they got it back with the addition of pathfinder...yet that is not what they wanted. They wanted it for nothing, just becasue "it's been that way before". They will never be happy until they get it exactly how they want.

This is just the first of 1000s of threads that will be created based on flying between now and the end of the game. They will all use exactly the same excuses/reasoning they have been using in the previous 1000 threads expecting it to change. They will continue to tell EVERY poster that disagrees with them that you are wrong and they are right. They will continue to use the bullshit "If you don't want to fly, you don't have to fly" arguement. It will also be the same ~50 people making up 90% of the posts so they can push the thread to 1000 pages and say "We have a 1000 page thread, obviously most people want this feature, why won't Blizzard listen, we are obviously the majoority of players."

It's best for our own sanity that we avoid these threads in the future and let those ~50 or so people argue with each other for the next 2 years over a completely rediculous subject that has been beaten to death already.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Is flying content to you?

If yes, then we shoud treat all content like flying. Lock everything to insane time gates etc.
    If no, then clearly it does matter and flying should be unlocked from the start.
    EVERYTHING is 'content', regardless if we all believe each thing to be, or regardless of how we see it in our personal opinions. EVERYTHING is 'gated' to some degree, regardless if we all like it or not, or regardless of how we see it in our personal opinions. Flying is not excluded from this.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Cheers mate. I'm glad Blizzard finally pulled back in legion on the whole "Everyone gets a participation trophy" nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Alright, gonna paint this in the most simple of terms for you. So pay attention.

If there is a bike race, that allows runners. How many people do you imagine are going to pick running over biking?

This tired ass argument of "Well then just ground mount" Doesn't apply in a competitive game. Unless Blizzard actually plans to integrate flying into the zones in a meaningful way, pro-flyers are just lazy people who want to beat the game faster so they have more time to whine on the forums about how there's nothing to do.
    Alot of people are actually doing MORE wq now with flying. A bike race is competitive in nature, flying in WoW is not. Questing is not. World PvP does not matter enough in this game to count as competitive. TBH I feel many anti-flyers are actually World "Pvpers" who like to grief others, and flying takes that away pretty fast.

People keep using that "argument" of "just use ground mount" because it is still sensibly valid. Anti-flyers can still CHOOSE not to fly. Pro-flyers do not have the same luxury.

It doesn't matter anyway. Blizz has decided to listen to the majority of customers and will still probably let us fly in future. It is after all still a business, and satisfying the majority of customers is more important than listening to the minority.

Flying is VERY likely here to stay. And I'm glad for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Okay, 6 months minimum to wait for 5 mans and raids. Sounds good right?
    Sure, if you mean in 6 months I'll be able to solo grind all the Mythic gear I like the look of. Usually you have to wait anywhere from 2-4 years.

No way to immediately unlock account-wide flying for at least some content after completing it on one character - not buying next xpack.

Another option - making content ground-friendly. I don't want to explain, what ground-friendly content means, again. You just need to remember Vanilla.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

We should have an expansion that's just flying, all the time from start to finish. It feels like a lot of people think that WoW is a flight simulator and not a RPG.

Deleted
    I left in WoD over no flying. But honestly it was more because the terrain (looking at Nagrand especially), was so groundmount unfriendly.
    I used to play on my husbands account in vanilla, and the adding of flying in tbc is what convinced me to buy the game for myself. It was amazing, it was new, no other mmo had it to the extent wow had it. In the next expansions, flying was one of the first things I grinded gold for. I enjoyed it the most in MoP, I loved soaring above the terrain looking for rares to farm items.
    My main has herbalism as a profession, a flying mount makes it so much easier to go out farming. Farming on a groundmount is just tedious. We are 8 months in, I left about 4 months in, as I noticed what they were doing with flying again, just prolong and prolong and prolooong it as long as they can. There are other mmo's out there now, that are just as good or even better compared to WoW. And the extra thing wow had, flying, is now no longer there to make the game the most appealing out there. And when flying will be there, it's no longer really relevant, I mean 8 months in, come on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't care about flying.
    I do enjoy reading the salty flying posts on MMO-champ the first 8 months of an x-pack
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Another option - making content ground-friendly. I don't want to explain, what ground-friendly content means, again. You just need to remember Vanilla.
    One flight master per zone, having to run for 20-30 minutes to get anywhere, 100% mount locked behind severe gold cost and zones split into "rooms" by cliffs or walls of trees?

Quote Originally Posted by Shigenari View Post
    None of these things. I freely admit that I take the optimal path wherever possible, and throughout my time playing WoW I have always been up to date on the latest theorycrafting, simmed my character obsessively, switched specs as and when needed and so on. Nonetheless you're completely missing my point.

As is the case with the vast majority of choices, one option will tend to be optimal. The fact that the majority will choose a certain way, or that you or I will choose a certain way is completely secondary to the key fact that nobody is forcing you to do that. Taking that idea to its logical extreme and applying it elsewhere, we have some DPS specs which are good at AoE, cleave, split cleave or ST respectively; there are specs which are broadly optimal for each situation at any given time and if players are going to generally tend to FotM then we may as well just have 4 DPS specs and be done with it.

Clearly that would be pretty poor though, because some people still like playing some sub-optimal specs and would be annoyed if they were removed because it takes away choice and variety.

Flying adds variety. As I've said before, zones can be designed around it i.e. Storm Peaks and Icecrown and it provides players with a choice as to how they travel. Arguing that 'flying is faster, so if I want immersion by not flying I literally can't because it doesn't provide me with the optimal solution' says nothing about the choice itself; if that's how you choose to approach that choice and you don't like it, then it's a self-imposed outcome. Nobody forced you to choose optimally, and I don't see why we can't have both options because some people don't have the self control to just play the game in a way that's enjoyable for them unless that is either the only option available to them, or it is the best option available to them.

To put it bluntly, I really don't care what the majority of the playerbase do or don't do. More options add variety, the removal of options reduces it. To a fairly great extent, the level of 'gaminess' of the current playerbase, and the insistence that their preferences must always not only be represented, but also equally viable, or superior to other options, is what has killed off a lot of the variety, quirkiness or whatever you want to call it in WoW - for lack of a better word, fun. We can't have nice things because people will reduce it all down to a spreadsheet and complain if they see that other people have nice things that they don't have.

I'm not decrying balance, but a line has to be drawn at some point. For me, I would draw that line at any and all balance issues around choices which players can freely choose between with either few or no consequences in doing so. As far as that stuff is concerned, people need to stop being massive, teary babies because that attitude ultimately turns the whole experience into Excel Speadsheet Simulator 2017.
    That's, what I constantly try to tell. If player prefers optimal way of playing more, than immersive way - then he doesn't actually need immersion as much, as he tells us. Simply because playing optimally vs having immersion - is exactly the same choice, as any other choice in whole game. And this "everybody picks this variant, cuz it's superior" generalization and demand to remove this choice as the result - is pure BS. What they don't actually understand, is that if they tend to pick optimal choices and to care, what choices other players make - then they're actually competitive players and immersion isn't actually for them. Simply because true RPer, like me for example, would prefer immersion over optimal way of playing. That's why I for example level almost all characters via quests without hairlooms - not via 5ppls, when you can get 2-3 level within just one run. So what? If 5ppls are more optimal, then should we remove them either?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2017-04-20 at 07:28 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the idea of earning flight at max level (and then it becoming available to all your characters) rather than just buying some training or a book. However, I do wish it was something we could achieve much sooner after hitting the cap.

My opinion on flying isn't strong enough one way or another to stop me from playing, though.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    One flight master per zone, having to run for 20-30 minutes to get anywhere, 100% mount locked behind severe gold cost and zones split into "rooms" by cliffs or walls of trees?
    You confuse "ground friendly" with "time gating". This two - are completely different and unrelated things. Yeah, Vanilla's content was artificially stretched due to lack of it, but at the same time IT WAS GROUND-FRIENDLY.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    hahaha i have to agree on this one, that's my memory of classic aswell

edit: i do miss the large stretched out zones of the classic world. I thought it was great to travel the world back then. But people complain to much about travel time already so the developers just drop everything they think is cool into 1 zone the size of a post stamp. This results into the zones we have today were zones have a million cliffs, mountain tops, caves, bridges ...
    Last edited by Chrno; 2017-04-20 at 07:50 AM.
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

Where is the option 'no flying at all' ?

I don't really get why Blizzard stopped making zones with an interesting Z-axis. Storm Peaks, Uldum, Deepholm were awesome to fly around in, can't they just make more fly-friendly zones?