Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    What can you honestly expect? The world quests themselves are so fucking boring, now try and make someone do them 10000 times.
    hahaha, I don't condone the leeching. But ya, WQs are horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Liarparadox View Post
    hahaha, I don't condone the leeching. But ya, WQs are horrible.
    this here is the ideal example.

The whole problem is based on x, let x be something arbitrary. Now imagine I just start throwing out random statements about/involving x: fill in all the details with your imagination.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveZaer View Post
    How is this an addon problem? People used to do the same thing in BGs. Do you think Blizzard stopped people from queueing up for BGs? No, they added the ability to flag them AFK. The same logic could be applied here.
    The addon is a problem because it automates player interaction even for the tiniest things out in the world. They don't expect to interact with someone when they use the group finder, they just click a button to expedite a chore. It is soulless.

When you join a random dungeon, raid or battleground, you spend enough time and you face enough challenges that you need to coordinate with ppl even if you don't talk to them, and there is the excuse that finding a group the traditional way would be too problematic for a lot of players. But for solo content? None of that applies. It's not about casual seeing content, it's all about maximizing efficiency in a game that should be fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Flying becoming more common, along with the proliferation of World Quest Group Finder for automated matchmaking, seem to have concocted a perfect storm for enabling super lazy behavior. Quite often now I get paired up with people just sitting with their mount up in the air while the active players do all the objectives for them. Then I presume they simply fly off to the next world quest to repeat the process once they're back from their AFKing.

The last time I remember this stuff happening on such a scale was way back in Burning Crusade patch 2.4, where people would follow you around for that elemental feeding quest since you only needed to be near someone else to also get credit.
    Why do you even need a group for a WQ? It's like asking for people to get into a group and do nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    shareholders invest long term in loyal customers and stable money. therefore blizz has to design a game with focus on quality. so they think about consequences for what they do and come to the conclusion that, if they support "getting all now" (giev epixx 4free), lazyness via instant queing, LFR, nochallenge, crossrealm etc., then they create a toxxic community at some point so lazy and derailed that the game become bad and ppl start leaving (most of it, after 2-3 months).
    That is quite of leap you are making. Claiming "loyal" customers as those who did not request any of items you listed.

15+ Year Old Account
    It can be significantly faster depending on the WQ. Some WQs can be completed in as little as 30s in a group.
    So lazy people using groups to complete their easy WQs with less effort are complaining about even lazier people completing them with even less effort. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    It can be significantly faster depending on the WQ. Some WQs can be completed in as little as 30s in a group.
    So, in the best case scenario it's 30 seconds when all 5 players do the quest, in worst case scenario you get 4 players AFK and it takes the same time as doing it without a group?
    IMO it's better without these addons, they create great environment for players to AFK while doing WQs. It's basically tagging 2.0, logical conclusion to tagging. While tagging is fine in my book (i don't mind boomkin running around tagging shit with moonfire because moonfire usually takes away 40% health of a mob), but AFKing is just obnoxious (by sound of it, never experienced it myself since WoD winter event boss farm, i don't do WQs in groups with randoms). People who use addons to find groups to do WQs quicker (which is IMO pointless, making something already quick even quicker) just create proper environment for this kind of behavior to evolve

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    So lazy people using groups to complete their easy WQs with less effort are complaining about even lazier people completing them with even less effort. Right?
    If i understand OP correctly - yeah, that's what happens.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your premise is flawed. If 80% of the players using WQGF were afk, no one would use the addon because you'd just constantly get grouped with other AFK players.

I'd say probably 90+% of the players that use the addon are actively doing the WQ. The purpose of grouping is if I need to do 20 WQs and they take 5 minute each solo, but 2 minutes each in a group, I effectively save 20*3 = 60 minutes. That's effectively another hour I have for doing other things.
    People would still use this addon if they were grouped with AFK players. Or do you check your DPS meters or whatever if players you are grouped with are afk or not? Then you kick them? Doesn't it kill the purpose of saving time? What about people who get into your group and spam heals on you? They don't contribute to "speed", but they are not AFK, and this tool is the best way for them to do WQs faster because they are healers and they take longer time killing stuff.

Anyways, y ou talk made up numbers here, some WQs are personal, some of them are not, some of them take 5 minutes, some of them requires you to just fly there and right click stuff (#flyingkilledkirintorquests).
    Apparently, my wife uses this WQ addon to do her WQs, when i'll get home i'll compare how much time it saves her compared with me doing it solo.
    Fuck, 5 minutes for a WQ is painfully long, it's probably a case of extreme bad luck on a hedonist quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Since when being efficient is lazy?

I think some people want to make it seem like this happens a lot more often than it actually does
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Solution is pretty simple - don't use LFG.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Why do people even group up for WQ's? I always finish them in literally 1-2 minutes. For the social aspect? There is none, no one talks. Just get a friend in your guild and play together if you want faster WQ's or a fun group.

It's faster.
    If people afk as often as the OP says, no, it isn't faster. Silly goose.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valaut View Post
    If people afk as often as the OP says, no, it isn't faster. Silly goose.
    Even in a group of 5 even if 2 of them are afk, it is still faster than doing it solo. I'm not sure why you would assume the "data" or lack thereof from the OP is reliable in the first place.

i don't know if people are just trolling.In most cases world quests are significantly faster in a group because of shared credit. You fan out and cover more grounds than you can solo, or you have a tank pull everything and a strong dps can nuke them down. Sure, because of shared tagging you may not need a group but for quests that gives shared completion (like certain "saving someone by clicking on them" quests)it speeds them up.

On an absolutely worst case scenario where you get into a group with 4 leechers, you would just be doing the WQ as if you are solo questing. For each member that is actually doing something you are speeding things up.

I can understand reasons like "i dont want to reward afker" or "im too lazy to go join a group/use an addon", but if you do care about maximizing efficiency doing WQ, grouping is definitely something that makes it so.
    Last edited by david0925; 2017-04-20 at 07:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Flying becoming more common, along with the proliferation of World Quest Group Finder for automated matchmaking, seem to have concocted a perfect storm for enabling super lazy behavior. Quite often now I get paired up with people just sitting with their mount up in the air while the active players do all the objectives for them. Then I presume they simply fly off to the next world quest to repeat the process once they're back from their AFKing.

The last time I remember this stuff happening on such a scale was way back in Burning Crusade patch 2.4, where people would follow you around for that elemental feeding quest since you only needed to be near someone else to also get credit.
    By grouping up, you are only enabling that kind of behavior.

Why group up for world quests? Except for the dungeons, all of them can be done solo...

Yeah sure, it never happened before flying was available, right. /s

Blame absurd idiotic crossserver tech and even more absurd idiotic addon which allows people to abuse that absurd idiotic crossserver tech. Not flying.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Deleted
    can someone explain to me what world quest group finder makes so absolutly good?

Its just that you click an WQ and automaticly join a group for what WQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    can someone explain to me what world quest group finder makes so absolutly good?

Its just that you click an WQ and automaticly join a group for what WQ?
    Pretty much I think.