Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    So, I am having quite some issues with this scenario. Am I missing something?
    Kill eyes > cleave adds together with boss > dont get more then 4 (?) stacks of the debuff, kick or stun the drain life, dont get knocked off. orbs heal you and daze enemies.
    the problem is the longer you take the more infernals you get, and the more infernals you get the more hectic it all gets. and ideally you want all infernals dead on phase transition. 3 minutes seems about the problem mark. having trouble getting clean transitions myself :/

For the most part. Definitely a get a feel for. Senses posted weak auras. You really want that chomp one. And the debuff counter helps.

Question. In the trinket ranking spreadsheet. I couldn't help notice it included the medivh trinket but not the nightbane trinket. Would the urn not be a better stat stick? Or if I have equal ilvl. Eidolon will be better? I'm debating on using either the urn. Eidolon. Or ichor for most encounters or would a high ilvl vers trinket be better? I've been struggling on the decision to go haste heavy with more verse. Instead of my mastery heavy with haste>25%. Since magic dmg sucks so much. Can't seem to decide on a trinket to use. If I had the arcano id obviously not have this issue at all. Typing from phone. Hopefully this made sense.

Deleted
    Phew got it done... The speed food really helped in my opinion. Aswell as Sense's weakauras and vid.

Recorded it. Killed eachother at the same time x)

What's everyone doing after getting Neltharion's Thunder? I'm thinking Revenge > Thunderclap > SS damage traits.

Quote Originally Posted by Demos1184 View Post
    Phew got it done... The speed food really helped in my opinion. Aswell as Sense's weakauras and vid.

Recorded it. Killed eachother at the same time x)

Nice work How many pulls did it take you? I put another 1k Nethershard's into it yesterday (about 30 attempts total) & got Kruul under 19m, but then I let him heal & yeah, that was the end of that Gonna relax, stockpile lots of Nethershard's, and get it in the next rotation or so. No rush for me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    What's everyone doing after getting Neltharion's Thunder? I'm thinking Revenge > Thunderclap > SS damage traits.

Nice work How many pulls did it take you? I put another 1k Nethershard's into it yesterday (about 30 attempts total) & got Kruul under 19m, but then I let him heal & yeah, that was the end of that Gonna relax, stockpile lots of Nethershard's, and get it in the next rotation or so. No rush for me.
    Took me a lot of pulls. Think I spent 20 attempts or more learning ph1 alone. And then in ph2 I got Kruul to 6%, 12%, 14% and had him bug out and reset 4 times when entering last phase and then kind of lost my mind and just kept mindlessly spamming and wiping until I had wasted about 5k shards. Next day I cleared my head a bit, farmed another 5-6k, learned some new tactics from this thread and killed him within that x)

Really should've farmed that 42'nd Artifact trait first and not forced it but I got kind of obsessed.

Still, now it's done, you can focus on other stuff, so huge kudos on that

So... after a mild panic attack after reaching 43 traits, and getting a 4th rank in Dragon Skin (5 with relic), I thought it looked like IP hadn't increased at all. So, I spent 2500g on a feast and flask, used my item restore to compare to an old log by having the exact same gear, and did a bunch of testing. Turns out, it did increase. The reason I thought it hadn't? At just under 900 ilvl equipped, it was a ~15k increase. From 840k. When I have 5.1M health. And attacks are hitting for 1M+ damage per hit. And I can cap at ALMOST 2.5M IP.

I may only be 3/10M, but I tend to get very high damage parses, and I generally don't have much issue with survivability, although I still would love to get my lego bracers. But this is possibly the fastest disheartening thing I've done in a while... I remember getting AOTC Xavius on week 2 of the raid being out. I remember laughing at IP feeling overpowered back then, and then I took a break due to real life issues, and came back in 7.1.5. It felt so wimpy. Looking at it now, I definitely think it's wimpy.

I won't reroll my class, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted... I don't like the Devastator playstyle (I like the extra damage/rage, I don't like watching a WeakAura for optimal play because of a stupid swing timer). I really don't like the rage from damage taken model (It has historically been a problem, I remember doing a heroic in BC and having to wear basically nothing so I could take enough damage to get enough rage to hold threat). I don't like playing an absorb tank (Class fantasy for warrior in my head screams mitigation. Absorb shields don't feel like mitigation to me). And those things have even been hard to balance in the past. Why they chose to make warrior a RFDT Absorb tank, I don't know...

Just needed a second to vent at you all, and kind of wishing they would funnel our rage out of damage taken, and into our rotation. And not JUST Shield Slam. I would rather get rid of Devastator, bring back Focused Rage, have Revenge generate rage again (Less than SS, but it's a cleave)... I get that the shield is an important part of warrior, but frankly, it feels like the ONLY part. Shield Slam, outside of big aoe, is always my highest damage. Shield Block is amazing, sure. But, I also have a sword... I'd like it to feel like my sword has some impact too.

Also, I would really rather they rework Ignore Pain... It's just a terrible feeling ability.

Stood in the Fire KrotosTheTank's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post
    So... after a mild panic attack after reaching 43 traits, and getting a 4th rank in Dragon Skin (5 with relic), I thought it looked like IP hadn't increased at all. So, I spent 2500g on a feast and flask, used my item restore to compare to an old log by having the exact same gear, and did a bunch of testing. Turns out, it did increase. The reason I thought it hadn't? At just under 900 ilvl equipped, it was a ~15k increase. From 840k. When I have 5.1M health. And attacks are hitting for 1M+ damage per hit. And I can cap at ALMOST 2.5M IP.

I may only be 3/10M, but I tend to get very high damage parses, and I generally don't have much issue with survivability, although I still would love to get my lego bracers. But this is possibly the fastest disheartening thing I've done in a while... I remember getting AOTC Xavius on week 2 of the raid being out. I remember laughing at IP feeling overpowered back then, and then I took a break due to real life issues, and came back in 7.1.5. It felt so wimpy. Looking at it now, I definitely think it's wimpy.

I won't reroll my class, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't tempted... I don't like the Devastator playstyle (I like the extra damage/rage, I don't like watching a WeakAura for optimal play because of a stupid swing timer). I really don't like the rage from damage taken model (It has historically been a problem, I remember doing a heroic in BC and having to wear basically nothing so I could take enough damage to get enough rage to hold threat). I don't like playing an absorb tank (Class fantasy for warrior in my head screams mitigation. Absorb shields don't feel like mitigation to me). And those things have even been hard to balance in the past. Why they chose to make warrior a RFDT Absorb tank, I don't know...

Just needed a second to vent at you all, and kind of wishing they would funnel our rage out of damage taken, and into our rotation. And not JUST Shield Slam. I would rather get rid of Devastator, bring back Focused Rage, have Revenge generate rage again (Less than SS, but it's a cleave)... I get that the shield is an important part of warrior, but frankly, it feels like the ONLY part. Shield Slam, outside of big aoe, is always my highest damage. Shield Block is amazing, sure. But, I also have a sword... I'd like it to feel like my sword has some impact too.

Also, I would really rather they rework Ignore Pain... It's just a terrible feeling ability.
    Honestly, i actually like ignore pain. Sure it's an "absorb" but the fantasy of it is like essentially having thick skin and being able to shrug off big hits without having them affect you as much, you're literally "ignoring pain" rather than having a magic bubble that takes the brunt of it.

I also personally wish SS was more integral. I mean, since devastator it's become much better, but i remember when it used to hit like a truck, sucks that revenge can nearly out damage it, and for a while it did. Hell, I'd be all for dual wielding shields and just punching something with the edge of my shield while deflecting attacks and slamming with it as well; give some use to all those spikes we often have on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shieldarm View Post

I have to agree with the traits part. I'm honestly considering going for the dps traits at this point before the other mitigation traits. They're so tiny that they don't matter, may as well help my parse out.

In regards to devastator, you don't need a swing timer. Just going without it ends up being better, once you factor in human error. Personally, I like the style, but I get that it's not for everyone.

The RFDT is interesting. This iteration isn't awful, but has some definite issues. Sometimes the rage is too spikey for my liking, and not having complete control over my resource generation can be frustrating.

Absorbs I agree are hard to balance, but I like the class fantasy of them. Warriors aren't supposed to be healing themselves, they're supposed to soak the damage with armor before it reaches their body. And the trade off is being unable to restore lost hp.

Shield Slam I love. Brewmasters hit people with sticks, DKs try to bash people with a sword (which is silly, since the thing is already sharp) or use pathetic magic, demon hunters use ridiculous weapons that just look silly, druids are using claws (come on people, steel is a thing these days), and paladins try to blind their enemies with pretty lights. As a protection warrior, I just lift up my heavy shield, and slam the boss in his face hard enough to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaexaender View Post
    Absorbs I agree are hard to balance, but I like the class fantasy of them. Warriors aren't supposed to be healing themselves, they're supposed to soak the damage with armor before it reaches their body. And the trade off is being unable to restore lost hp.

Shield Slam I love. Brewmasters hit people with sticks, DKs try to bash people with a sword (which is silly, since the thing is already sharp) or use pathetic magic, demon hunters use ridiculous weapons that just look silly, druids are using claws (come on people, steel is a thing these days), and paladins try to blind their enemies with pretty lights. As a protection warrior, I just lift up my heavy shield, and slam the boss in his face hard enough to kill him.
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=53600/s...-the-righteous would like to have a word with you. And its also usually biggest damage source for paladin for ST

Finally down goes that old fucker Kruul after wiping sub 2M twice. Didn't count but well over 50 tries in total for sure.

If anyone is interested, I used Horn of Valor + STR/Versa statstick. Versa heavy build, only around 21% haste, no 4set. 908 equipped, bracers and belt as legendaries. Shockwave/IV/Avatar/Bounding Stride/Dev/BV/AM. Artifact ability is god tier for Annihilates, and Spell Reflect on the healing debuff.

Good luck to everyone trying, definitely felt like the stars had to align to get the kill.

Got it done! He's dead! I did it without the belt because I didn't have it yet, which I feel was a tad more challenging after about 30-40 pulls on it. (most of them first set pre-nerf.) About 5 pulls when the tower came back up to kill it. Gloves/Bracers with SB/InsP(forgot to change)/RF/BS/DV/BV/AM for talents. Fang/Vers stat stick for trinkets and 907 ilvl. Figure I'll link the vid, but sound quality is awful because it was just during stream and didn't edit at all.

I got lucky on the 3rd annihilate and crit blocked it without nelth's or even block (I had them up, just didn't press) otherwise I was dead as hell. Had nelth's up, just didn't use it. So not perfect play, but good enough with a little luck!

This round felt a bit buggier than last time for me. Eyes spawning in the pillars, velens heals overlapping almost every attempt. What really killed the night for me was having Kruul despawn at 10% for no reason. Could have gone on had my interest just been shot.

After most likely 100+ tries total I finally beat the scenario! Legies used were Gloves/Prydaz, talents being SB/IV/Avatar/BS/Deva/BV/AM, wish you all luck with your attempts and hope you can overcome this! would also to like to thank Sense for his WA string

So, I am trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong with this Anger Management + Booming Voice setup. I know it's what everyone has been using in higher up mythic raiding, keystones, and even the challenge. I cannot figure out what I'm doing wrong here if anyone can enlighten me.

I attacked the lesser sparing partner with the AM + BV build and went until I died, got to 83 stacks (I used legendary bracers + belt here). Rotation was roughly Shield Slam > Revenge > Thunderclap, used ignore pain to avoid hitting rage cap or critically low, did 375k dps (Other note: Was using Renewed Fury and Devastator for other relevant talents).

2nd time I used the regular Vengeance + HR build with legendary bracers + gloves. Did the same amount of dps as the AM + BV build. Am I misunderstanding the rotation or what? Is it only better against multiple targets? I feel so much squishier with the AM + BV setup than the standard vengeance + HR.

I want to beat the challenge, but damn do I think I'm falling behind on the dps check. I'm sitting on i894 after shifting gear around to be very vers heavy along with using different trinkets when my regular ilvl is 905 with standard gear (this is mostly be due to the trinkets, using Gronntooth + Gift of Radiance for the stun. My ilvl if I were to use my standard tanking trinkets goes up to 901 with the "challenge gear" that's vers heavy at 23%).

So, am I just fucking up the rotation, doing something wrong, or not understanding the best way to utilize the build?

Edit: Did get Kruul to 5% using Vengeance build, then one of my allies died. Haven't gotten that close since because I get knocked off or die to fire patches in phase 2.

Edit2: Beat the challenge with the Vengeance build. Still hate that challenge.
    Last edited by Dralas; 2017-04-16 at 08:52 AM.

Deleted
    Am i the only one that has the feeling, that the 30% nether horror add nerf was a buff for the challenge? These adds die so fast now. I have a lot more problems with P1 this time, because i dont have anything to attack or reset my victory rush for a long time and have to use orbs/cds to survive.

Deleted
    I had so much fun progressing on Kruul.

Quote Originally Posted by Demos1184 View Post
    I had so much fun progressing on Kruul.

Good times.

Question Is Arhimonde's Hatred worth changing spec?

My wee warrior alt has grown up enough to tank some decent content - 895 and counting - so I'm starting to think more about how to play him well. I've been playing Devastator since I've had access to Vengeance; my complete build is...
    • Shockwave
    • Inspiring Presence
    • Renewed Fury
    • Crackling Thunder
    • Devastator
    • Vengeance
    • Heavy Repercussions

My legendaries atm are:
    Aggramar's Stride
    Rethu's Incessant Courage
    Archimonde's Hatred Reborn

I've been using the boots and belt for easy content, because moving around so fast is fun, but swapping in the trinket when survivability is an issue. Devastator makes perfect sense with the boot and belt, but the trinket scales off total health. I already macro it to Last Stand, but am wondering if it would be worth swapping to Indomitable for those situations as well, if only to get more out of the trinket.

Thoughts?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2017-04-20 at 05:16 AM.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"