Thread: Affixes Week 15

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    It wasn't difficult on low affixes, it was only truly hard on high keys, on tyrannical weeks. When bosses would do things that would deal about 70-90% of your hp in 1 hit. And we unavoidable.

When people being at 70% hp wasn't safe enough, and they needed to be about 90%.

17/18/19/20 these are the keys that made it a pain for hpallys, (yes it depended on the dungeon too)

I'm not talking about piss weak 12s and 13s back then, those were nothing. As long as you're over 60% hp then you were fine.
    which is why you use HL or LotM. and we also have devo and sac. and even then, if you know the mechanic is going to one shot your party member(s) unless they're topped off, then it's a no brainer. you top people off and deal with the overflow shield afterwards. still doesn't make overflowing a difficult affix.

and of course i'm talking about higher level keys. https://gyazo.com/00d14439d12ceaf2e7d84089682f6cf6 this is my wowprogress s1, happy?

Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    which is why you use HL or LotM. and we also have devo and sac. and even then, if you know the mechanic is going to one shot your party member(s) unless they're topped off, then it's a no brainer. you top people off and deal with the overflow shield afterwards. still doesn't make overflowing a difficult affix.

and of course i'm talking about higher level keys. https://gyazo.com/00d14439d12ceaf2e7d84089682f6cf6 this is my wowprogress s1, happy?
    I genuinely don't know what to say, you may not have had an issue with it, but a lot of hpallys did. The one I ran with is an extremely good hpally, 8/10M, 95th+ percentiles across the board.

He is a good player, and overflowing weeks were still the easiest ones, he just found it annoying, and a pain to have to play around.

Like ofc if you can do 20s with it no drama, it isn't that hard. But while you can play around it, you have to play differently in a way that is overall weaker than if you didn't have overflowing.

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    I genuinely don't know what to say, you may not have had an issue with it, but a lot of hpallys did. The one I ran with is an extremely good hpally, 8/10M, 95th+ percentiles across the board.

He is a good player, and overflowing weeks were still the easiest ones, he just found it annoying, and a pain to have to play around.

Like ofc if you can do 20s with it no drama, it isn't that hard. But while you can play around it, you have to play differently in a way that is overall weaker than if you didn't have overflowing.
    i pretty much agree with the underlined portion.

lemme clarify what i'm trying to say: overflowing was never difficult for a good holy pally, as in overflowing shouldn't be the difference maker to whether or not you complete a key on time. overflowing was just a real annoyance to play around because it felt more like a restriction on fun than a challenge. overflowing weeks just felt more-so cumbersome than difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by wombats23 View Post
    i pretty much agree with the underlined portion.

lemme clarify what i'm trying to say: overflowing was never difficult for a good holy pally, as in overflowing shouldn't be the difference maker to whether or not you complete a key on time. overflowing was just a real annoyance to play around because it felt more like a restriction on fun than a challenge. overflowing weeks just felt more-so cumbersome than difficult.
    I think what we meant by hard was mixed up.

I would consider bolstering (Pre 7.2, it's a meme now) hard, because it stopped you from doing what you could do, instead of being able to do insanely huge pulls, you couldn't, you had to consider what you were pulling first. If you'd be getting guys with lower hp that would die fast and then bolster everything else.

Whilst bolstering in and of itself isn't difficult, it's quite a simple mechanic to deal with. It forced you to play differently, making it harder to complete/get multiple chests than what it could be if you didn't have that restriction.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know why you guys discuss class balance.
    I thought that it was obvious for anyone that they replaced Overflowing because it was just a joke for everyone, and there was quite huge gap in difference in between Overflowing, or, to say Necrotic weeks.

Greivous is a bit OPed, though. It shouldn't really trigger from Grievous ticks, since right now it's just extremely hard to get out of it on the higher levels, where last tick of the debuff triggers another effect, and so on.

7+ Year Old Account
    Grievous might not be as terrible when it's with a fortified week, but with tyrannical some instances were significantly harder than any other affix/dungeon combo that we've had. Especially now that bolstering is laughable.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom