Poll: Gnome Druids

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Gnome Druids

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Gnome druid would have mechanical forms.

Technodruid should happen. Nothing to do with druidism but once they'll introduce mechagnome as a playable subrace... you can basically make a mechadruid class that gameplay wise play like a druid but lorewise it's just another gnomish invention that turns you into robotic animals lookalike.

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Monkey View Post
    How did Blizz explain the sudden affinity of:

Gnome Priests
    Undead Hunters
    Tauren Paladins
    Dwarven Shaman
    etc

Easy. By writing new lore to explain the necessity. I get it though. You hate the idea, and no amount of logic, debate, or discussion is ever going to sway you... so I am not going to bother. It's something I would enjoy, and something Blizz will likely never do.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell us how ya really feel You mad or something? It's only an idea thread.
    gnome priests were able to worship the light, allmost all races have a connection to the light aslong as they choose to follow it
    undead hunters just fucking learned how to use a bow
    same for tauren as gnomes
    dwarves have a connection to the earth, and through this the elements...

I'd rather Belf druids than Gnome. Oh, and Night Elf Paladins :P
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Deleted
    Gnome DK reporting in. Naturally I can only welcome more gnomes into the fold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    as a druid since 1.7, seeing the complete lack of care or respect gnomes have for anything thats not a gnome, gnomes can A) never be druids and B) FUCK OFF
    You are just jelly that gnomes are 5% smarter. Its a proven fact.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Technodruid should happen. Nothing to do with druidism but once they'll introduce mechagnome as a playable subrace... you can basically make a mechadruid class that gameplay wise play like a druid but lorewise it's just another gnomish invention that turns you into robotic animals lookalike.
    Yep, that totally makes sense. Way more sense than tauren paladin.

Tauren Rogues are more likely to happen, as we already have them in game - Grimtotem mobs.

At the end, all races should have all classes available. Because currently being some class - is what character can be trained to do.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Gnome druids is just a butcher of the druidism lore, if they use a animal robot how they would visit the emerald dream? Enhanced Virtual Reality? How would they learn from Cenarius? Cenarius know nothing about C++ or lua programming. How would a druid gnome as guardian would use barkskin? Bark metal????
    Now really Druids are all about the balance of nature, the guardians of the emerald dream i dont see a gnome fit that role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Tauren Rogues are more likely to happen, as we already have them in game - Grimtotem mobs.

At the end, all races should have all classes available. Because currently being some class - is what character can be trained to do.
    Some combos with races just dont work.
    Warrior, Monk, Hunter, Rogue, Warlock, Mage and DK should be open to all classes the rest i see some cases the race not fitting the class.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And again how would you explain their sudden affinity? They can't just go upto Malfurion or Cenarius and ask to be trained. It stems from old lore for each race that currently can be. You would either have to retcon it or make it a modern thing without making it sound like total crap.

Worgen. Ancient Pagan beliefs among their people.
    Trolls. Zalazane.
    Night Elves. Malfurion being the first Night Elf Druid. Malfurion was also a disciple of Cenarius.
    Tauren. Believed to be the first race instructed in Druidism by Cenarius.

There is no lore in place that can possibly legitimately explain Gnome Druid. All the other race/class combos have some form of explanation. And as for the Cata race/combos well a lot of that shit like Human Hunter should have been in the game since day 1.
    Well, you've to start somewhere! There were no druids before there were druids. I'd argue that you don't need some massively aged lore to back things up. It could be the start of what to be a massively aged lore. It has to start from something, that one Gnome, willing and interested in something else. That one Gnome whom dedicates his/her life researching nature from a new viewpoint. I'm all for individual choices. I not a fan of a race not being able to be anything. Given, it should make somewhat sense, some story backing it up or an ongoing one.
    Well met!
    Quote Originally Posted by Iem View Post
    Man even if Blizzard gave players bars of gold, they would complain that they were too heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    Warrior, Monk, Hunter, Rogue, Warlock, Mage and DK should be open to all classes the rest i see some cases the race not fitting the class.
    As in real life, there are always exiles, who want to do something forbidden. One unique Tauren all of a sudden decides, that he wants to be Rogue. And then community of adherents builds around him. If game developer doesn't allow such things - then his game isn't actually RPG.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

the new race for gnomes should be target dummies

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    As in real life, there are always exiles, who want to do something forbidden. One unique Tauren all of a sudden decides, that he wants to be Rogue. And then community of adherents builds around him. If game developer doesn't allow such things - then his game isn't actually RPG.
    I know what you mean but Tauren rogues do exist ingame but thats not the point.
    It's like asking for a Cat to bark it's just dont make any sense some combos.

Gnomes can't be druids, they'd drown in the leaves 8)
    They'd always be...SHORT on mana.
    I'll see myself out.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Next up: Pandaren Demon Hunter

On a serious note, pls no. Worgen were a disgrace already.

Gnome druids is just a butcher of the druidism lore, if they use a animal robot how they would visit the emerald dream? Enhanced Virtual Reality? How would they learn from Cenarius? Cenarius know nothing about C++ or lua programming. How would a druid gnome as guardian would use barkskin? Bark metal????
    Now really Druids are all about the balance of nature, the guardians of the emerald dream i dont see a gnome fit that role.

- - - Updated - - -

Depends on how much you wish to separate class mechanics from attitude and belief. I could point to a ton of creatures in game that clearly display druidic abilities in some capacity but equally clearly have no desire to embrace the balance of nature. Even leaving aside the obvious Nightmare-tainted, there's the druids of the flame, and the blood elf druid from Botanica, just off the top of my head.

Don't mistake culture for capability. Cenarius and the Emerald Circle teach that you cannot wield the powers of nature without embracing the balance of nature. Clearly, this is not the case, just as you don't have to be a good person to wield the light or an evil person to summon demons and bind them to your will. Whether it's a good idea to do any of these things is debatable, but they're all possible.

I know what you mean but Tauren rogues do exist ingame but thats not the point.
    It's like asking for a Cat to bark it's just dont make any sense some combos.
    Yeah, but class - is also very vague thing. It doesn't have strict definition. For example Gnomes doesn't have to be "natural" Druids - they can be Techno-Druids.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    Depends on how much you wish to separate class mechanics from attitude and belief. I could point to a ton of creatures in game that clearly display druidic abilities in some capacity but equally clearly have no desire to embrace the balance of nature. Even leaving aside the obvious Nightmare-tainted, there's the druids of the flame, and the blood elf druid from Botanica, just off the top of my head.

Don't mistake culture for capability. Cenarius and the Emerald Circle teach that you cannot wield the powers of nature without embracing the balance of nature. Clearly, this is not the case, just as you don't have to be a good person to wield the light or an evil person to summon demons and bind them to your will. Whether it's a good idea to do any of these things is debatable, but they're all possible.
    The bloodelf you said is the boss in NH and that is clear to all that is no druid. He os a botanist, a researcher of wild life and plants. To have the ability to do something does not mean you can do it. It's two different things. They show some ability like you said, some ability is not like you have THE ability. I dont know if i make myself clear? It's hard to explain.
    Still IMO some classes should be lock to some races. I dont want to see a Undead Druid would be 0 sense or a Human Shaman the same.

The bloodelf you said is the boss in NH and that is clear to all that is no druid. He os a botanist, a researcher of wild life and plants. To have the ability to do something does not mean you can do it. It's two different things. They show some ability like you said, some ability is not like you have THE ability. I dont know if i make myself clear? It's hard to explain.
    Still IMO some classes should be lock to some races. I dont want to see a Undead Druid would be 0 sense or a Human Shaman the same.
    *shrug* WoW plays fast and loose with classes in game compared to the lore (not that I trust Blizzard's ability to write lore, or to have anything resembling continuity, mind). Some races have difference sources of power or interpretations, but mechanically they're all the exact same thing. Paladin, particularly if you look at the TBC era, doesn't mean "Knight of the Silver Hand" or "Blood Knight" or "Hand of Argus", in-game it's got a specific set of mechanics. By the lore those are all different things, but the game doesn't care.

I get what you're saying, but it's very much a lore distinction... and while it may be accurate, it's also one the game already fails to make on numerous occasions. *shrug*

The bloodelf you said is the boss in NH and that is clear to all that is no druid.
    You are mixing up High Botanist Tel'arn (wow.gamepedia.com/High_Botanist_Tel%27arn) and High Botanist Freywinn (wow.gamepedia.com/High_Botanist_Freywinn).

Imo it would be nice if Sin'dorei could become druids. At least it would somewhat fit the race, not like gnome druids. Gnome druids are just terrible.

Please no. This is Wow not My Little Pony ffs.