Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Now they're reporting that Aaron's conviction will likely be vacated as it was under appeal. This would impact any civil cases pending against him. Crazy shit.
    There's also the NFL side of things where they may pay out a pension for Hernandez' time in the NFL which would go to his daughter. I'm sure they wouldn't be that petty but they may try and legally get out of having to pay it, although he wasn't in the league long enough to get a big money sum I'd imagine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapefruitsnz View Post
    There's also the NFL side of things where they may pay out a pension for Hernandez' time in the NFL which would go to his daughter. I'm sure they wouldn't be that petty but they may try and legally get out of having to pay it, although he wasn't in the league long enough to get a big money sum I'd imagine.
    Literally dead money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice pic to get a feel for who is playing who next year:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Nice pic to get a feel for who is playing who next year:
    Boy, that is handy as hell.

15+ Year Old Account
    We going to have a Vikings/Saints game? My dad and I are gonna give each other so much shit.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    By degree of difficulty I'd probably say:

AFC West (AFC East-NFC East) - Have to play NFC East + themselves + Patriots (6 play off teams total)
    NFC East (AFC West-NFC West) - Have to play AFC West + themselves (5 playoff teams total)
    AFC East (AFC West- NFC South) - Have to play AFC West
    NFC South (AFC East-NFC North) - play 4 play off teams, but also Jets and Bears
    NFC North (AFC North-NFC South) - play 2 playoff teams and 2 playoff teams in the division, but also Browns and Bears
    NFC West (AFC South-NFC East) - play NFC East, but also AFC South and 49'ers and Rams
    AFC North (AFC South-NFC North) - Browns twice and AFC South
    AFC South (AFC North-NFC West) - Browns and 49'ers and Rams and themselves

- - - Updated - - -

It's been rumoured, but seems confirmed now:

"The Patriots will open the regular season at home against the Chiefs, per source."

https://twitter.com/jeffphowe/status/855099949368975361

I like it. Good opponent, making for a game the team has to be ready for. Definitely a game we can't afford to lose against a team that was very close to taking the no. 1 seed in the AFC last year. In a fight like that this season, having a head to head loss would be devastating.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chiefs have started pretty much every season in the Reid era like shit. So not really excited for this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Check with your team's beat writers and media, cause there's a steady stream of leaks about the schedule coming out. If current info is all correct (and the sources seem good) then I already know 4 of the games the Patriots play. Maybe I'll find out everything before the schedule officially releases (which would mean I can go to bed on time )

10+ Year Old Account
    No schedule news but the Raiders have entirely unsurprisingly triggered the 5th year option on Mack's contract.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    No schedule news but the Raiders have entirely unsurprisingly triggered the 5th year option on Mack's contract.
    I heard a rumor somewhere this week that the Bills might not pick up Sammy Watkins 5th year option...

Greg Robinson on the Rams also looks more and more like a long shot to get his option picked up. Both teams could have taken Mack.

Teams usually wait until the last minute to pick up 5th year options for some reason.

Broncos are expected to open up at home against the Chargers on MNF. Usually a good game even if one team is really good or really bad, so probably a solid choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cooks' 5th year option hasn't been picked up yet, boy is he gonna love being the guy to clear out the safeties so the white guys can catch everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Cooks' 5th year option hasn't been picked up yet, boy is he gonna love being the guy to clear out the safeties so the white guys can catch everything.
    lol

I'm sure Patriots will pick up his option, even if at the last minute.

In other news Reuben Foster continues to get dings on his reputation. Tested for diluted sample at combine drug test, so he;s now in the NFL drug programme.

Some Patriots media seem to salivate over him possibly being there at 32 and the Patriots picking him up if they trade Butler to the Saints. I'm not a fan of that plan AT ALL at this point. This guy has all kinds of red flags to me and I have no interest in getting him on the team.

- - - Updated - - -

Patriots Schedule, according to good sources:

Need to look it over to get the full picture, but first glance: FIVE (5) away games with only 1 home game inbetween? That's some bullshit

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep seeing people mock him to the Saints, which seems so clueless, they signed a zillion FA LBs and they hate red flags, they're the least likely team in the NFL to draft him.

I'm not really afraid of drafting him, but for New Orleans, already got a failed 1st round LB and a full room of LBs, so not much space for him.

Hopefully Foster falls to 20 now, worked out well when Shane Ray and Bradley Roby both fell because of drug related issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    We going to have a Vikings/Saints game? My dad and I are gonna give each other so much shit.
    Word is that its week 1 MNF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay.

The Bad:

- 5 away games in a 6 week stretch, with 3 playoff teams and 2 divisional away games and a home game against a divisional playoff team.

- pretty brutal start. KC, at NO and than Houston in the first 3. 2 playoff teams and a likely difficult shootout.

- no bye week after the Mexico game

- play Miami twice in 3 weeks.

- play FIVE (5) divisional games in the last 6 weeks (with a game against Pittburgh thrown in for good measure)

The Good:

- Late bye. LOVE this.

- The build up of the schedule is just how I like it. Some tough games at the start and a stretch late where the team really gets to test itsself and build confidence and chemistry through overcoming difficult opponents.

- 2 easiest divisional games to end the season. Division likely settled in week 16, making week 17 an easy tune up for the playoff stretch.

- 2 Sunday Night games, against good teams. Falcons in week 7 will be special. First home game after 2 away games, against a team that will bring everything they have. Going to make for some GREAT football entertainment. I bet Gillette stadium will be rocking.

- Media seems to see it as a downside, but I think it's actually a benefit that we have Denver and Mexico game (both at high altitude) back to back. Only have to acclimatize once if you stay and train in either area in between the games. Not only that, but late season road trips where the team is just with each other and no distractions is GREAT team building.

That's about it. Not a schedule I really like, but eh, we'll have to make due with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 away games in a row shouldn't be allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account

This is about all we know for now

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    3 away games in a row shouldn't be allowed.
    Seems to happen every year though. I mean, no way to tell currently cause I've not seen full schedules for other teams (and even this Patriots one is not complete cause I don't know which game is Thursday) but I'm sure other teams will have their issues as well.

Tbh, I'd MUCH rather have 3 away games in a row with a late bye then an early bye and no 3 game stretch. Early bye's suck.