Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Errinwright, what a cowardly motherfucker. He knew he had a chance to keep his reputation intact the moment Avasarala told him she's meeting Mao.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Errinwright, what a cowardly motherfucker. He knew he had a chance to keep his reputation intact the moment Avasarala told him she's meeting Mao.

Not a coward. I actually really like his move. I mean, Ava taught him everything, she pushed him to do this, and she was prepared for this, that's why she brought "luggage" :P .

It really felt fishy the way he was supposed to just take the fall and be blamed and thrown in jail. Who would just accept it without a fight?

really weird, I wrote a response digging htis post up after Archon, showed it went through originaly, and yet it seems to have disappeared, like someone deleted it. @fakaroonie, when you responded here, was this thread on the first page of the Cinema/TV Shows/Music/Books forum ? or did you go looking on page 3 or 2 to dig it out to respond? Cos i think my response bumped this, but it seems to have diseappered.

on topic:
    I thought it was the season finale, glad to see we get one more episode next week to wrap it up. I must say, few shows can boast a season 2 that is better than the first or evolves the story progressively enough past the first, but this one does it so well bravo !
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2017-04-14 at 01:12 AM.

@ravenmoon no, I went looking on page 2 to respond.

Can't wait for the season finale ! Specifically to what happens on Mao's ship.

Quote Originally Posted by fakaroonie View Post
    @ravenmoon no, I went looking on page 2 to respond.

Can't wait for the season finale ! Specifically to what happens on Mao's ship.
    I hate it when shows do the typical predictable douche bag bad guys ending thing, which in this case would be some sort of bust up where everything goes to shit.. would love something unique to come out of this.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2017-04-14 at 06:29 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Not a coward. I actually really like his move. I mean, Ava taught him everything, she pushed him to do this, and she was prepared for this, that's why she brought "luggage" :P .

It really felt fishy the way he was supposed to just take the fall and be blamed and thrown in jail. Who would just accept it without a fight?
    I think he could have been trying to save her life. Mao could have killed her.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Well, it was a good change from the books tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Well, it was a good change from the books tbh.
    It's a shame, because it was a really great scene. I wanna read the books so much but I need to finish foundation and the whole Ender series first

15+ Year Old Account
    It's a shame, because it was a really great scene. I wanna read the books so much but I need to finish foundation and the whole Ender series first
    I stopped ending the Ender series on the second book, is it worth it?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Speaker for the dead was a very dry book imo. xenocide and children of the mind were a little better. Alivin Maker is a much better Card series but it's fantasy rather than sci-fi

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I've heard they're worth it, but I personally haven't even started yet, I need to finish Foundation first.

3 Days until season finaleee #hype

Damn that was a good episode. That's how you end a season. No cliffhanger to try and force people back. Just good story with unanswered questions to keep people thinking(2018 is a long fucking ways away though). I was certain they were going to end it like the second book ended. I really like the way the did it with the show, although the book ending, which I assume is going to come at the beginning of next season possibly first episode, would have been badass.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was hoping to see the return of Miller before the end of the season finale.

I've read all the books in the series, including the novels that cover a character's background, serve as a prelude to one of the books and serve as a prelude to the entire book series. So far I've only seen the first season (only that is available on Netflix in my region), happily awaiting season 2 to arrive.

Anyhow, you wanted to know if the books are worth it. I found them really lovely, but I'd even go as far as excellent for some of them. All of the books have the Roci's crew as a "base set" of characters, with Holden being the most common point of view (but even though it's his chapter, it doesn't mean you'll only see/hear/read what his thoughts and opinions are; there's always input from the rest of the crew). And building upon that base are various other players who often bring very different points of view and really bring some dissonance into the entire book series. But it's good! Because you can really see how differently other people react to Holden's announcements and discoveries, how they adapt, how they cope and survive and so on.

As I've previously said, I had only seen season 1 before reading the books, but it served as an excellent introduction into the books. There were some changes, but season 1 was quite faithful to the books, not just in scenography, but in spirit as well. Although, Holden from the show really annoyed me, but he's actually like that in the first book(s) as well, and has to grow and better himself for the good of his crew/family.

Edit #1: Oh, forgot to mention, ditching the Ender book series for the Expanse book series is worth it. Ender is fine, but dry and becomes boring. I dunno, felt like a chore at times. In my case, I ditched Ender for the Dune series, which also sometimes felt like a chore, but was just simply awesome. So yeah... do what you want, I'm not your father!
    Last edited by Diaspar; 2017-04-20 at 07:51 AM.

Was a decent season ending, too bad we didn't get to see the gate or Miller.

15+ Year Old Account
    Finally the season ended so I can start my binge soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Waiting 9+ months for season 3 is going to be unbearable. >.>

just finished the first book in the series, and it was kind of a let down - not sure I want to see the show anymore, and don't think i'm going to continue on with the book. Holden and Miller didn't really do it for me character-wise
    LFGdating
    Currently playing: WoW, D3, SC2, and wait for it ... Red Alert 3. (And possibly some Goldeneye here or there.)

Quote Originally Posted by anakin57 View Post
    just finished the first book in the series, and it was kind of a let down - not sure I want to see the show anymore, and don't think i'm going to continue on with the book. Holden and Miller didn't really do it for me character-wise
    I've read the books and enjoyed them for the most part. However, I will agree that I don't really care a whole lot for Holden. I do really like some of the side characters though, and later books focus less on Holden and more on everybody else. He is still the central character, but the books are pretty fair putting the spotlight on everyone else, and telling the story from different perspectives.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

15+ Year Old Account
    I still got a couple of episodes left of season two, but couldn't resist my urge to have a little rant here:

I really want to like the show. It's almost good. The CGI is fantastic, visually and aesthetically it's great overall, the story isn't bad, even the acting is alright...but.....the script, the dialogue, the actors themselves are all fucking bullshit (bad casting, not poor actors).

I'm what 21 episodes in, there have been at least 100 characters talking in the show. I only remember a couple of names - Holden, Draper, Johnson, Miller, Julie. What the fuck are the other people called?! The characters aren't likable or relatable at all. The Indian vicesomething of UN lady with the whisky voice and botox duckface lips is the biggest atrocity. She is so cringy, especially when she is cursing.

There are only two characters that feel even remotely relatable people - the Martian slightly chubby but cute marine girl, Draper, and the Martian pilot (can't remember his name either) of the main ship Rocinante. Everyone else are annoying emotionless irrational talking heads.

It can't be just me who is clueless about the names and feel this way.

There are two other series I currently watch and watched an episode of both of them yesterday. Better Call Saul and Designated Survivor. I can tell you the names of every god damn character that have ever opened their mouth in those shows.

Huge difference.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2017-05-03 at 05:50 PM.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.