Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    They were until people complained. I don't understand why, it was free gold.
    Damn... I didn't see any problems with it, especially with the new "Open All" button.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Im not talking about dungeons
    Sorry did you specify this somewhere?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    As silly as this may sound, clicking for loot is a core RPG element.

It simply cannot be removed or changed. It's a fundamental interaction that needs to stay the way it is.
    Does it, really? We already get boss loot sent to our mail boxes if we ignore it. We get it given to us magically via the likes of master looter instead of manually looting it. Having a character pick it up automatically by running through it, near it or even just when you kill the mob from any distance, for example, wouldn't be any different besides saving clicks. We can already use Hunter pets to loot, and the Mother's Skinning Knife to skin from 40y, etc.

We are already pretty much not looting as it stands. I know I barely loot mobs in the world.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Sorry did you specify this somewhere?
    Well I just said mobs, didn't mention dungeons

Well at least you can click 1x and loot all mobs in the area, not like before, when you had to click each mob individually :-)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Only boss loot
    No it's not only bonus loot, it's drops aswell. Go do MoS and don't look the first boss, teleport to the boat. If you had loot, you'll get it mailed to you. Same as if you don't loot a boss in a raid, you'll get the gear mailed to you (if any dropped for you).
    What you described is boss loot?!? Anything a boss NPC drop will be mailed to you if you didn't loot it yourself.

On topic - I guess you never farmed pre MoP, when you had to click every damn mob you killed to get your loot. At some point it was taking more time to loot than to kill the mobs you grind. It didnt matter if you kill the mobs one by one or in packs. Same time lost to loot. Now you just round up everything, throw every aoe spell you got and loot everything in one click. Autolooting everyting in 20y range was godsend when it was implemented.

I also prefer to loot every damn drop I get regardles of grey, white, green etc items. More so in Legion. Some grey items are really worth vendoring, but in the long time I played this game I learned that vendoring everyting you looted is adding to your gold count. Maybe slowly, but still there

Deleted
    Hey atleast there is radius looting now, wasn't the case until they first did it on SWTOR and blizz implemented it afterwards thinking it was a good idea (which it is)

I don't mind manually looting as such, but the range of the radius loot is fairly limited so when killing a whole horde of mobs you still have to go around looting which obviously slows things down a bit. But i guess its fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    I want this.
    You must gain control over your gold or the lack of it will forever control you.

Deleted
    Don't see the harm in having it as an option.

You don't have 1/2 seconds to right click a mob then carry on running?
    These days it can take up to 10-15 seconds to get all the loot - with 'object in use' errors etc... what would be good is for the request to loot to be stored and the loot to get into my bags when it can, even if I'm another mob away before it happens.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    What you described is boss loot?!? Anything a boss NPC drop will be mailed to you if you didn't loot it yourself.

On topic - I guess you never farmed pre MoP, when you had to click every damn mob you killed to get your loot. At some point it was taking more time to loot than to kill the mobs you grind. It didnt matter if you kill the mobs one by one or in packs. Same time lost to loot. Now you just round up everything, throw every aoe spell you got and loot everything in one click. Autolooting everyting in 20y range was godsend when it was implemented.

I also prefer to loot every damn drop I get regardles of grey, white, green etc items. More so in Legion. Some grey items are really worth vendoring, but in the long time I played this game I learned that vendoring everyting you looted is adding to your gold count. Maybe slowly, but still there
    No I remember

SWTOR added it then Blizzard added it. This would just be the next step

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    As silly as this may sound, clicking for loot is a core RPG element.
    It is as silly as it sounds. Because it's nonsense.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I think that this is how the loot boomerang for engineers should work. If you had it in your inventory. You gained the loot automagically when you killed a mob. Instead of a 1 sec cast that ruins the flow of things.

You don't have 1/2 seconds to right click a mob then carry on running? You don't need to sit there the whole times it's looting. Or if you forget / just don't bother looting, it goes to your mail anyway.
    I pull a lot of mobs as a shadow priest, they die from dots all over the place.. often the aoe loot will not reach all the mobs.. it's annoying that I have to run all over the place to loot individual mobs because the aoe loot range is so small.

Only boss loot goes to mail.. not loot from trash or open world mobs.

I would absolutly love auto looting mobs.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    It is as silly as it sounds. Because it's nonsense.
    Hey, I'm not the one arguing what's wrong or right. I don't mind either way... Players should always be given options which suit their play-style anyway. With that said, looting has been a core element in literally all RPG games like Diablo, Titan Quest, Everquest, WoW, Dungeon Siege, Elder Scrolls etc. It would definitely take some getting used to, to have loot magically appear in your bags.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, I'm not the one arguing what's wrong or right. I don't mind either way... Players should always be given options which suit their play-style anyway. With that said, looting has been a core element in literally all RPG games like Diablo, Titan Quest, Everquest, WoW, Dungeon Siege, Elder Scrolls etc. It would definitely take some getting used to, to have loot magically appear in your bags.
    Gaining loot from kills is a core RPG element. The method with which you gain loot is not and is different in different games. Be it click to loot, run thru to loot or it goes into your inventory automatically. Nothing core about the method.

P.S. XP/Rep is loot too, and it goes automatically into your inventory.
    P.S.S. World bosses loot now goes automatically into your inventory.
    P.S.S.S. Personal loot goes automatically into your inventory.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Because loot appearing in your bag would break immersion? While getting a broadsword from the body of a boar doesn't?

GW2 already has this in place, and it does allow players to focus on their gameplay, rather than searching around to see if they missed any pickups between fights. But with GW2 you only get this as part of their new mastery progression system, as a reward for a pretty significant investment of time and effort.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

I see no problem with the option to auto-loot trivial mobs. Looting in WOW - especially in crowded WQ areas - is really tedious and far from "1/2 second".

I understand that looting is meant as a reward for killing mobs, like unwrapping a present to get a reward. But in the current game iteration, you don't get a reward from normal mobs. In earlier versions you might have gotten a valuable recipe or BoE, but currently even those hoover just over the vendor price. You just loot them for currency or trade mats. That's it, no excitment comes from those.
    The real valuable items in this version already automatically appear in your inventory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    People will complain about anything

Personally I would miss this second of clicking, seing a box open and see the loot. Fine as an option, likely wouldn't use it
    Of course that's true, and i've done my fair share of the complaining.

Deleted
    I would like to be a little faster when i'm farming old Dungeons/Raids or maybe an AutoLoot in the Mailbox for old content ? Or simply a toy like the Looterang.