Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Somehow I knew the moment they mentioned his cousin how this would end.
    That's because of what we call "hack writing".
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The whole human / elf romances are always disgusting.
    but funny, i enjoyed it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sangris View Post
    Somehow I knew the moment they mentioned his cousin how this would end.
    there was no reason to mentioned him otherwise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    i dont really mind them that much.

unless they have children, halflings and their creators deserve nothing but eternal void.
    that would make interesting story, their child would be a female who will marry med'an in future
    i can see it
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

The problem isnt that there was possibly a romance, its the fact that it had to be a human (again).
    Seriously, it feels forced that all three Windrunner sisters are/were into humans. It's like someone is projecting their fantasy of dating an swimsuit model way out of their league, so they made the hot elf chick (hot even by elven standards) fall in love with the scruffy human underdog.

Imo, Nathanos being Sylvanas' champion in life and undeath simply because he's one of the best rangers in the world would've made a better story, with the alleged romance being nothing more than jealous gossip of elven rangers upstaged by a human.
    Last edited by CthulhuFhtagn; 2017-04-20 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Eh Rhonin is a human archmage of significant power and Turalyon is a peerless Paladin. They are not really scruffy human underdogs. Only Nathanos seems to be one
    By elven standards, all humans are scruffy looking. As for the underdog part, only Turalyon stands out as a war hero (and incidentally is the only pairing that makes any sense), but Rhonin was just a promising mage when he and Vereesa fell in love, he didn't become an archmage and Kirin Tor leader until much later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Eh Rhonin is a human archmage of significant power and Turalyon is a peerless Paladin. They are not really scruffy human underdogs. Only Nathanos seems to be one
    I'm not sure I would call Nathanos a scruffy underdog. While he's not the same level of prestige as Turalyon or Rhonin, the Forsaken version of Nathanos was at one time practically a world boss-level raid target and it wasn't uncommon to see piles of player corpses around the Marris Stead back in Classic. Part of Sylvanas' ardor for Nathanos seems to be predicated on his very skill - and as a human in "Dark Mirror" Nathanos projects a great deal of confidence about his skills as a Ranger and Farstrider.

I won't argue the hackneyed or cliched part of the charge, especially in light of all three Windrunners repeating the very same patterns in terms of their relationships (that is just an odd contrivance in the overall story), but I don't think Nathanos is himself somehow undeserving of acclaim. Sylvanas is way too proud to settle for an unremarkable sot as her paramour in any case.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Nathanos was no slouch. His abilities were immense considering he was a HUMAN Ranger Lord. He wasn't just a random Farstrider, he was ridiculously good.

In Vanilla the quest to kill him says that the SI:7 sent after him died or returned home defeated and died in their sleep. So he takes out elite agents casually.

He also fights Genn Greymane on equal footing and we've seen Genn Greymane manage to punk Sylvanas.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    its not elune.
    elune is directly related to xe'ra, most likely the creator of that her according to khadgar, else her tear wouldnt unlock the lights heart.
    that's why we went to the exodar, only a direct relative to xe'ra can open it, o'ros got nuked before we could use him.
    xe'ra is a prime naaru, born at the very beginning of reality, making elune just as old and older.

besides that, elune directly interacts with us on azeroth, can purify others, protected tyrande, heal and even interacted with ysera briefly shown through the moon.
    while azeroth literally cant do shit in her current state, elune can talk, azeroth needs magni as speaker and even then they are communicating via emotions and thoughts not words.

edit: but enough of elune, back to nathanos.
    Outside of a random quest, there's no proof that Elune is connected to the Naaru; whereas, all other canonical evidence points towards her being the Titan within Azeroth. In short, this is merely Blizzard's writing at its finest *cough... cough*.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    pretty sure that both arcane and fel are drawn from the nether. fel is most assuredly drawn from the nether, but i'm not sure if they changed the lore about arcane being drawn from it as well.

elune is not the titan, though she could have been mistaken for elune. elune is a separate entity, we don't know what she is yet. but she's capable of doing whatever she did with ysera, which appears to have been creating a constellation... if that's what she did her power is on a level we haven't yet seen. only the titans would be comparable.

that's old lore. the chronicle is now the latest, highest canon lore and it says what i told you.
    Neither energy source is drawn from the Twisting Nether. Order (Arcane) and Disorder (Fel) govern the physical multiverse of Warcraft. On the other hand, the Twisting Nether was spawned from the chaotic residue at the start of the multiverse:

"The Twisting Nether is an astral dimension that lies in parallel with the Great Dark Beyond. The forces of Light and Void bleed together at the boundaries of the Twisting Nether, engulfing this realm is perpetual strife. At times, the volatile magics that pervade the Twisting Nether intrude upon the physical universe, warping reality beyond measure."

Also, if Elune is the God of Light (comparable to the Void Lords within the Void) then her powers surpass that of the Titans. To be frank, with the current lore centering her around the Well of Eternity, the Kaldorei, the Dark Trolls, and her constant presence on the planet, it doesn't make sense for her to be anything other than the slumbering Titan within Azeroth.

P.S. Xe'ra contradicts their own lore about the Naaru, and by all accounts, has been a Charlie Foxtrot.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2017-04-20 at 12:06 PM.

We need more male elves with female humans to balance this out! Or with male humans, I don't mind
    I second both these notions.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Also, if Elune is the God of Light (comparable to the Void Lords within the Void) then her powers surpass that of the Titans. To be frank, with the current lore centering her around the Well of Eternity, the Kaldorei, the Dark Trolls, and her constant presence on the planet, it doesn't make sense for her to be anything other than the slumbering Titan within Azeroth.

P.S. Xe'ra contradicts their own lore about the Naaru, and by all accounts, has been a Charlie Foxtrot.
    Now, that's just an assumption about power level hierarchy. So far, there hasn't been any indication that the Void Lords' power surpassed that of the Titan. It could be changed in the future when we get more information from the Void Lords, new big threat of WoW, but currently based on Chronicle lore, it's inconclusive at best and they are weaker than Titan at worst - depends on your interpretations of the wordings. Thus, if Elune is the Light equivalent of the Void Lords, there isn't any guarantee that she'd be more (or less) powerful than the Titans. Additionally, even if Elune is more powerful than the Titans - would that matter? Has there been any clear evidence that she isn't?

And I'm just curious, what about Xe'ra contradicted the Naaru's lore?
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    Now, that's just an assumption about power level hierarchy. So far, there hasn't been any indication that the Void Lords' power surpassed that of the Titan. It could be changed in the future when we get more information from the Void Lords, new big threat of WoW, but currently based on Chronicle lore, it's inconclusive at best and they are weaker than Titan at worst - depends on your interpretations of the wordings. Thus, if Elune is the Light equivalent of the Void Lords, there isn't any guarantee that she'd be more (or less) powerful than the Titans. Additionally, even if Elune is more powerful than the Titans - would that matter? Has there been any clear evidence that she isn't?

And I'm just curious, what about Xe'ra contradicted the Naaru's lore?
    Chronicle: Volume I states that the Naaru were formed by shards of light at the ordering of the multiverse. LGN states that Xe'ra is the Prime Naaru, so they either "fooked up" the lore, or we're dealing with word semantics.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Rhonin made Me'dan look like a well written character and Vereesa was added to be his arm candy what he makes up in sheer dumb forced winning in the books he took place in, his wife was air headed together they nearly made one poor character instead of two shitty ones. Turalyon and Alleria having a son was retconed in. I am convinced that someone in blizzard hq is projecting a desperate wish for an elf wife. All I can be thankful for is that Sylvanas was killed before she started popping out half elves. Undeath saved her character. And the scourge ruined their home, preventing any half elves from ever showing up to inherit land in Quel'thalas.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-04-20 at 12:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Chronicle: Volume I states that the Naaru were formed by shards of light at the ordering of the multiverse. LGN states that Xe'ra is the Prime Naaru, so they either "fooked up" the lore, or we're dealing with word semantics.
    I don't see how Xe'ra being the Prime Naaru contradicted that. Chronicle stated that "Occasionally, clouds of fractured Light gathered and gave shape to beings of far greater power, of far greater potentials. Among these were the naaru...". It didn't say that all Naaru were created that way neither did it say the Naaru were created naturally. In other words, it's possible that some very powerful Naaru were formed first (Xe'ra being one of them), then those powerful continued to give birth to / create the "lesser" Naaru, starting their own lineage. It's also possible that (note that this one is just a wild speculation, I'm just mentioning the possibility - I'm well aware this can be very off the mark) the original Naarus weren't created by a natural process, but artificially by the hand of some greater being(s).
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

If you wan't to play a human, go Alliance.
    You have options for elf looks that is essentially different skin color and eyes between factions so updated forsaken wouldn't be any different. I don't see it happening tho because that would grossly tip the scale of faction population. Swathes of emo loosers rerolling zombie "babes"...*cringe*. I play an undead and I have no problem with the model except the damn hunch, which all horde males have except fucking belfs. I don't get why its ok for the women of the horde to have proper posture but the males can't.
    Last edited by Zabatakis; 2017-04-20 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    You have options for elf looks that is essentially different skin color and eyes between factions so updated forsaken wouldn't be any different. I don't see it happening tho because that would grossly tip the scale of faction population. Swathes of emo undead loosers rerolling zombie "babes"...*cringe*. I play an undead and I have no problem with the model except the damn hunch, which all horde males have except fucking belfs. I don't get why its ok for the women of the horde to have proper posture but the males can't.
    Blood elves can make their skin as pale as high elf npcs I don't know where the "high elves are pale" thing came from. As for the hunch, it makes sense for undead Blizz said they willl eventually make straight backed orcs and option.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Blizz said they willl eventually make straight backed orcs and option.
    forgive me if I don't hold my breath on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zabatakis View Post
    forgive me if I don't hold my breath on this one.
    as you should, but its probably the only choice we have.
    Holy shit lol

Rhonin made Me'dan look like a well written character and Vereesa was added to be his arm candy what he makes up in sheer dumb forced winning in the books he took place in, his wife was air headed together they nearly made one poor character instead of two shitty ones. Turalyon and Alleria having a son was retconed in. I am convinced that someone in blizzard hq is projecting a desperate wish for an elf wife. All I can be thankful for is that Sylvanas was killed before she started popping out half elves. Undeath saved her character. And the scourge ruined their home, preventing any half elves from ever showing up to inherit land in Quel'thalas.
    Why are you so mad at half elves?

They're humanoids and biologically more or less the same, humans and elves. This isn't anything outlandish and is commonly seen in fantasy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Why are you so mad at half elves?

They're humanoids and biologically more or less the same, humans and elves. This isn't anything outlandish and is commonly seen in fantasy.
    because every single half elf is a plague on writing that takes special snowflake to the extreme. Not to mention that once again the whole Elf falling fora human trope, while common isn't good. It has always been awful. The only writer that pulled it off was Tolkien. Half elves are an insult to elves. They always will be.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-04-20 at 01:19 PM.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    because every single half elf is a plague on writing that takes special snowflake to the extreme. Not to mention that once again the whole Elf falling fora human trope, while common isn't good. It has always been awful. The only writer that pulled it off was Tolkien. Half elves are an insult to elves. They always will be.
    Were the Tolkien "half-elves" actually hybrid half-elves? It's been awhile since I've read the books, but if memory serves I thought the products of a human and elven pairing in Tolkien's narrative universe essentially got to choose which lineage they belonged to - and on making that choice they essentially became a member of that particular race (e.g. Elrond chose to be an elf and was granted all the intrinsic elven traits such as essential immortality whereas his brother opted to become human and incurred "the doom of Men"). In essence. they didn't get hybrid traits or incur an uneven mixture of portions of both of their parents' lineages?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Were the Tolkien "half-elves" actually hybrid half-elves? It's been awhile since I've read the books, but if memory serves I thought the products of a human and elven pairing in Tolkien's narrative universe essentially got to choose which lineage they belonged to - and on making that choice they essentially became a member of that particular race (e.g. Elrond chose to be an elf and was granted all the intrinsic elven traits such as essential immortality whereas his brother opted to become human and incurred "the doom of Men"). In essence. they didn't get hybrid traits or incur an uneven mixture of portions of both of their parents' lineages?
    Pretty much. Which is why I found it easier to accept.
    Holy shit lol