Poll: Should racial campaigns happen?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love for these to happen! I've always wanted to see some old-world story development while the over-arching theme takes place and I hope they do it sooner than later, and it'd be a good way for the real joke race (Goblins) to receive some much needed lore.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The orcs - along with the Horde - have a true leader, i.e. Thrall. However, the problem with Thrall is that "they" ruined his character in Cataclysm, left him with no purpose at the end of Pandaria, tossed him into Warlords for the sake of it, and shoehorned his "Mary Sue" arse into every plot line.
    Honestly just wish they would bring back Thrall, at least as leader of the orcs. He had so much personality and wisdom in WC3 up to Wrath. You can even keep the whole "Go'el" thing, just tone it down a bit.

Back to the topic, I think it would be cool to see the Darkspear and other Horde tribes get a real capital city. The gnomes definitely need to retake Gnomeragon, the goblins should probably take back Kezan. Quel'thalas should get a new King (hopefully Lor'themar with Liadrin as his Queen ).

I don't know about the other races, I would love to see the pandaren get a new Emperor. Maybe Baine could unite all the tauren subraces? Grimtotem, Taunka, Yaungol, Highmountain tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The orcs - along with the Horde - have a true leader, i.e. Thrall. However, the problem with Thrall is that "they" ruined his character in Cataclysm, left him with no purpose at the end of Pandaria, tossed him into Warlords for the sake of it, and shoehorned his "Mary Sue" arse into every plot line.
    Thrall could re-take the reins as the Orcish leader, of course; or it could go on to formally to Varok Saurfang or someone completely new to the story. I'm actually glad to see Thrall MIA for the time being, however; I've found much of his presence contrived (although WoD seemed like it had to happen given how much of his family history would be touched on there) and I think he's mostly done his bit and played his part. He's a legacy character so I wouldn't want him to disappear entirely - just step back into the shadows a bit, and let other characters have some time in the limelight.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by TheLoadbearer View Post
    I would also hope that they didn't make all the elves like Liadrin. And Halduron, too. He's a bit less proud than I'd like him to be. Now, ROMMATH. THAT'S what most blood elves need to be like. They need to be haughty and proud of their race, not apologetic and pitiful.
    +1 for anything to do with Rommath. He deserves more storylines.

On topic, it would be great to wrap up some storylines and shake up the status quo. Plus, this expansion we had different races coming to bolster their respective classes, would be kind of fitting for the next expansion to have different classes of every race come together to rebuild/expand/defend their homes.

7+ Year Old Account
    I totally think there should be Racial Campaigns, and might give an excuse to go back to some of the older zones. Though instead of making it so that only AFTER we do the campaigns, do zones change (meaning high-level and low-level people can't really meet up), have the changes for everyone, but you're clearly making an effort to make it all work. I really would love to have Quel'Thalas "fixed".

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I totally think there should be Racial Campaigns, and might give an excuse to go back to some of the older zones. Though instead of making it so that only AFTER we do the campaigns, do zones change (meaning high-level and low-level people can't really meet up), have the changes for everyone, but you're clearly making an effort to make it all work. I really would love to have Quel'Thalas "fixed".
    That's nice and all, but I would like to have the option to experience both sets of content. Like Theramore, there's a bronze dragonflight NPC that you can talk to to be phased with normal Theramore to keep it as a flight point and portal and everything. And when I heard that Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance were going to be revamped in MoP, for some reason I thought that the normal versions would stay the way they were, and the heroic versions would be the ones that are changed with Durand instead of Mograine, etc. I was very bummed to have lost so much of the Scarlet Monastery I loved so much, to become two much shorter and streamlined dungeons.

So low level players could level up normally so they experience the story in (somewhat) chronological order, then at max level they get to experience the new stuff in those zones. More content! I like new content, I just don't like it when the new content makes the old content inaccessible. Like, the Cata revamp of the old world. I much preferred the more aimless feeling that made it like an actual WORLD. It felt huge, with little threads to pursue everywhere in each zone. Now it's one linear quest experience in each zone. I prefer little bits of stuff, which builds the world and makes it feel big. I much prefer that over one big meta storyline that doesn't do the zone justice. I liked Eastern Plaguelands in Cata, just not even half as much as pre-Cata. Like Tyr's Hand wasn't done justice. Just pop in there, it's swarming with undead Scarlet Crusade, and you steamroll through them all with no effort. And it's not like "Oh, good job, you killed a few of them, now we'll see if we can beat them someday soon," it's like "you killed ALL of them! Great job! Now we hold Tyr's Hand! Now there's no potential for future story developments, and when paladins need some stronghold, they'll choose a dinky basement instead of a HUGE CITY."

It's like with roleplay. Vanilla was the good roleplayer who says
    "*I raise my sword and bring it down, attempting to hit you with it*"
    while Cata is the god-modding mary sue roleplayer who says
    "*Teleports behind you.* Nothing personal, kid. *Stabs you in the heart before you can react, killing you, and taking your girlfriend.*"
    And expecting the person who RPs as the killed character's girlfriend to just go along with it and ditch their friend to take this god-modder as RP-canon.

Deleted
    Racial Campaign like something absolutely lame like Blizz always pulls it off or like something usefull, like für example the Humans finally throwing the Pandaren out of Stormwind? On the other hand, there are many starving people and Pandarens look fat and tasty.