Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Will Anduin become the Paladin that Arthas was meant to be?

Arthas was strong paladin, but he failed and became the thing he was fighting against. Tempted by the evil forces he succumbed. I think that Anduin won't do that.

I know that's Arthas from "alternate Azeroth", but would like to see Anduin becoming the one that Arthas was meant to be - strong paladin and true king of Azeroth(not the planet, the continent from Wc3 aka Eastern Kingdoms).

Isn't he a priest, though?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    If you look at the Anduin cinematic which you can find in Wowhead's and MMO-Champion's youtube channel, you'll see a possibility of him becoming a paladin.
    Last edited by mmoccea68bd2bd; 2017-04-20 at 11:33 AM.

Some priests don't always stay priests though...

Remember Delas Moonfang?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this would be a very fitting progression for his character. He's been influenced by Velen, and embraced the priesthood up until now. But his fathers influence and recent death may very well push him towards the way of the warrior, and we all know what a warrior-priest is in the Warcraft universe.

So I guess Hearthstone may be fucked at some stage.

P.S: The OP drawing is amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    With Anduin somehow reawakening and infusing part of Shalamayne with Light I'm also beginning to think Paladin may be in his future. I don't think Anduin will really have much intersection with Arthas, though; they're very different people with two very different ways of thought (and apparently very different destinies entirely).

He will be his own king with his own story regardless of whatever he becomes going forward.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    If you look at the Anduin cinematic which you can find in Wowhead's and MMO-Champion's youtube channel, you'll see a possibility of him becoming a paladin.
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    Some priests don't always stay priests though...

Remember Delas Moonfang?
    No complaints, I'll be glad to welcome him to the order.

Characters aren't limited to classes like we are. Arthas Rerolled a Deathknight, Illidan went from a mage to some warlock hybrid and finally a DemonHunter. Thrall went from a warrior to a Shaman. idk even know what Tyrande's class is anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Arthas was strong paladin, but he failed and became the thing he was fighting against. Tempted by the evil forces he succumbed. I think that Anduin won't do that.
    Did you get this idea from watching the cinematic? When i watched it, all i could think of was how Anduin is this blonde haired prince who is what Arthas was and how much he looks like what Arthas probably looked like as a teen.

I really hope we eventually get Arthas back in some way, the 2 princes can lead each army in the final battle

I cried inside looking at this picture...

Quote Originally Posted by Zoibert the Bear View Post
    P.S: The OP drawing is amazing.
    Not mine. It was drawn by Pulyx from the DeviantArt.
    http://pulyx.deviantart.com/art/Worl...thil-163780113

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    Did you get this idea from watching the cinematic? When i watched it, all i could think of was how Anduin is this blonde haired prince who is what Arthas was and how much he looks like what Arthas probably looked like as a teen.
    Kinda. Though I was always thinking that Anduin looks like Varian/Arthas mashup.

No complaints, I'll be glad to welcome him to the order.
    You're fine.

- - - Updated - - -

Not mine. It was drawn by Pulyx from the DeviantArt.
    http://pulyx.deviantart.com/art/Worl...thil-163780113

- - - Updated - - -

Kinda. Though I was always thinking that Anduin looks like Varian/Arthas mashup.
    Varian and Arthas were besties...

Anduin looks and acts like a mix of them, with a Tiffin wrynn/Jaina proudmoore (Pre-MoP) Heart.

Wow....I never realized....

Anduin is pretty much every badass human character into 1...

Just add in some jokes, and we're good.

10+ Year Old Account
    We lost Tirion and there's no great Paladin heroes left, except Lady Liadrin. It would make some sense for Blizz to have an iconic hero for the most popular class and spec in the game (not counting the current Demon Hunter craze).

I think Anduin could be some kind of proto-Paladin, one from an era long gone, who is actually part warrior like his father and part priest like he was initially brought up to be. Not an actual Paladin, but a warrior who uses the Light and is as accomplished with a sword as he is with a healing spell.

I guess Arthas was meant to be that at some point, but he was never the emphatic person that Anduin was. Maybe Arthas was meant to be a great Paladin, but he even more so he was meant to become the King of Lordaeron one day. Anduin is meant to be the eventual leader of the Army of Light.

So no, I don't think Anduin is meant to be the Paladin that Arthas was. I think he's meant to be something far far better.

7+ Year Old Account
    pic
    The boy-king serves at the master's table. Three lies will he offer you.

Deleted
    Or he will fall to evil too and become the new Lich King in the future expac "The return of the plot twist of the wrath of the angry Lich King".

Don't know how Blizzard will develop him, but now he's too 'good', predictable and boring

10+ Year Old Account
    Anduin will likely remain a priest, pacifism is in his nature. We are not likely to see him donning armor and charging into battle, more likely to function as a field commander at best. Sword is ceremonial, or he will give it to a champion. Horde has Rexxar, Alliance needs a Champion to compete =)

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Anduin will likely remain a priest, pacifism is in his nature. We are not likely to see him donning armor and charging into battle, more likely to function as a field commander at best. Sword is ceremonial, or he will give it to a champion. Horde has Rexxar, Alliance needs a Champion to compete =)
    I'd agree, however Anduin in the comic (which is canon unless stated otherwise) has killed a dreadlord despite being more pacifist.

I get the feeling this is a step to being a paladin since he can wield it to kill.

Paladins are literally priests with warrior training.

Deleted
    If anything, Anduin is following Turalyon's footsteps, not Arthas. The holy follower that was forced by world fate to become a paladin. Arthas became a paladin for very different reasons (arrogant and proud).
    Last edited by mmoc516e31a976; 2017-04-20 at 02:09 PM.

Deleted
    I want him to remain priest ;<