10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    State of mind after playing multiplayer today:

Hosting a multiplayer game with bad internet connection should be considered a crime against humanity.
    Yeah. Rubber banding is no fun.

But spinning Adhi can be funny . . .

Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    I like the game but this "no save - no checkpoints" thing on certain missions like the "strongholds" is really testing my patience
    I actually like it. It makes it...tense. I'm all for saving every 5 meters but if you'd be able to do that, it would lower the involvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care for the open world aspect in this game. So far my favorite part of the game was saving the asari ark. That felt more "Mass Effect" to me than the rest of Andromeda so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    I don't really care for the open world aspect in this game. So far my favorite part of the game was saving the asari ark. That felt more "Mass Effect" to me than the rest of Andromeda so far.
    I sadly have to agree. I think they took the Open World too far. The most enjoyable parts were the 'instanced' parts.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I sadly have to agree. I think they took the Open World too far. The most enjoyable parts were the 'instanced' parts.
    There's a lot of reasons "instances" and "theme parks" work while open worlds don't. As someone who has spent years developing open worlds for D&D, I can tell you, open-world development is HARD. Open worlds need to be living, breathing places that change and as you affect them, you change them. If you limit the player's ability to impact the world, it's not really an open world. If you don't provide a nearly endless stream of content, the world feels static. And obviously no game can provide infinite content as NMS proved. Infinite dirt is easy. Infinite things to do? Nope.

I think MEA would have done well with more things like the Ark missions. I really felt like we got jipped on the Arks, we see so little of what is otherwise an absolutely massive ship, same with the Nexus which never externally changes no matter how much plot progress you make except for adding more arks plugged into it, where are the other fins?.

I enjoy the open world a LOT more than DAI though. It felt a lot more realistic. Isolated pockets of "bad guys" instead of OMGBEAR! around every corner. Architects were kinda boring though. Fought one and never felt like fighting the others, I liked the dragon variety in DAI.

But ME games have always been strongest where the story is strongest, which are where all the instanced areas are, so naturally...those areas come across the best.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Deleted
    Same, I'm not a fan of the open world. I mean it could be great, look at Skyrim, but the way Bioware made it...just seems like a chore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I did a couple more instanced areas and absolutely had a blast! Then I go back to the open worlds and it's like... ugh where do I need to go now?

The open world aspect was a failure IMO. Just a giant map you have the option to explore... No real substance in any of it though. Just copy Skyrim.... we need more Skyrims.

Also probably giving this game MP a pass unlike ME3. To laggy, unbalanced, and overall, not as much fun.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL

I literally zoned in on a game as the extraction shuttle was leaving.

25000 credits and half a bar of experience for nothing.
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    The open world aspect was a failure IMO. Just a giant map you have the option to explore... No real substance in any of it though. Just copy Skyrim.... we need more Skyrims.

Also probably giving this game MP a pass unlike ME3. To laggy, unbalanced, and overall, not as much fun.
    So we're at the 'previous WoW expansion' point with Skyrim, where that which was trashed at the time of its release is praised in hindsight.

Back when Skyrim came out, all you saw on forums was how terrible it was compared to Morrowind and Oblivion. How empty the world was, how repetitive the dungeons were, how boring the main quest was, console rubbish and its shitty console UI, blah blah etc. I can't tell you how many times I saw some version of "the old Bethesda is dead".

Now suddenly Skyrim is the bar against which we measure other 'open world' games, much less games that really aren't trying to be like Skyrim? Andromeda has 4 large sections of 4 explorable planets and a bunch of smaller/medium/instanced areas in between. It isn't trying to be similar, it really isn't similar, and they made it clear before the game was even out that isn't the kind of 'open world' they were going for in the first place.

I tend to respect people's opinions even when they differ vastly from my own, but bagging on Andromeda for not being enough like Skyrim is nonsense. It was never trying to be like Skyrim.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2017-04-21 at 03:28 AM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So we're at the 'previous WoW expansion' point with Skyrim, where that which was trashed at the time of its release is praised in hindsight.

Back when Skyrim came out, all you saw on forums was how terrible it was compared to Morrowind and Oblivion. How empty the world was, how repetitive the dungeons were, how boring the main quest was, console rubbish and its shitty console UI, blah blah etc. I can't tell you how many times I saw some version of "the old Bethesda is dead".

Now suddenly Skyrim is the bar against which we measure other 'open world' games, much less games that really aren't trying to be like Skyrim? Andromeda has 4 large sections of 4 explorable planets and a bunch of smaller/medium/instanced areas in between. It isn't trying to be similar, it really isn't similar, and they made it clear before the game was even out that isn't the kind of 'open world' they were going for in the first place.

I tend to respect people's opinions even when they differ vastly from my own, but bagging on Andromeda for not being enough like Skyrim is nonsense. It was never trying to be like Skyrim.
    Where exactly in my post did I say Andromeda was an attempted copy at Skyrim?

Melee shotgun infiltrator looks like fun. using the human male for it but maybe one of the other races are even better at it.

got lucky with some boxes and obtained the asari huntress and salarian architect
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-04-21 at 06:35 AM.

I see a number of complaints about MP lag. Maybe I've been lucky but in all the games I've played we lost a host once and twice I experiences rubberbanding. All my other games were fine if you ignore the skill lvl of some players

10+ Year Old Account
    Where exactly in my post did I say Andromeda was an attempted copy at Skyrim?
    Let me quote that for you.
    Just copy Skyrim.... we need more Skyrims.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Nope. Try again.

Saying that the devs should try and copy Skyrim means how much I think they DIDN"T copy Skyrim...
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2017-04-21 at 08:57 AM.

When I read that, I interpreted that line as sarcasm.

Por que odiar si amar es mas dulce? (*^_^*)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    When I read that, I interpreted that line as sarcasm.
    I wish it was. Skyrim is great for the same reason every Bethesda game is great: the ability to mod it and make it better.

Otherwise Skyrim's open world is just as dull and full of completely random pointless shit as any other open world game, and to make it worse, their story is pretty lame.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    ME:A2 made by CDPR please

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    I wish it was. Skyrim is great for the same reason every Bethesda game is great: the ability to mod it and make it better..
    I absolutely loved Skyrim.

I didn't play it with Mods until they were released for XB1. But I had already played through it 3 times before that.

So, " is great for the same reason every Bethesda game is great: the ability to mod it and make it better." is just your opinion, as the above is just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    ME:A2 made by CDPR please
    Screw that! Dragon Age made by Projekt Red.....or just more Witcher. Whichever really.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

that bit you added wasn't stating that Andromeda was an attempted copy of Skyrim... it was a suggestion that they should have built the game more like Skyrim.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    I absolutely loved Skyrim.

I didn't play it with Mods until they were released for XB1. But I had already played through it 3 times before that.

So, " is great for the same reason every Bethesda game is great: the ability to mod it and make it better." is just your opinion, as the above is just my opinion.
    I'd say the modding resources is the first and foremost reason the game stands out so much. Elsewise, how does it compete with teh likes of Witcher and Dragon Age?

edit: I mean the mod scene is a source of near endless dlc and each dlc could be.... a single item or something like horse armor, OR Skywind. A whole game added in.
    Last edited by mickybrighteyes; 2017-04-21 at 04:39 PM.