Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by burzian View Post
    Yeah I'm sure they're planning on lying to us with the intent to wing clip the warlock class. That makes a lot of sense. Hey, unrelated topic, but do you have any pamphlets in your trunk about what really happened on 9/11?
    You mean like they've done countless times in the past? I honestly can't tell if Blizzard pays you to be this ignorant or if you simply had the misfortune of being born that way.

They are really on the idea of making Affly a multidot class, and this nerf on MG is the reason... But overall, i dont see Affly lossing too much dps, and a least to me, the changes are well recive... MG sure is a boring talent.

I am Demo and never switched to the OP spec. I wish for all specs to be somewhat balanced but Aff was insane by a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by severan View Post
    Time to get the sand out of your vag. 1.8% nerf overall with some flexibilty added.

What the hell is your problem? Grow up dude. Take your negative comments somewhere else.

Please, explain to me like I'm a 5 year old child how it's only a 1.8% nerf? 70 > 20% is not 1.8%. Can you honestly say increasing affliction dmg by 15% offsets the MG nerf?

I'm ok with them nerfing an ability/talent but that means other abilities need to make up for the loss. A 15% buff to affliction dmg to
    Me personally is a lackluster change at best and dmg wise doesn't add up to what we're losing with the huge decrease in dmg from MG. Changing rotation or play style I'm perfectly fine with. I play Affliction because I love dots. But once they start forcing certain specs into specific roles is when I think it's time to speak up. And it seems like they want Affliction to be good at multi dotting, which means you're forced into either Destruction or Demo for stronger raid/ST dmg.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjarkan View Post
    They are really on the idea of making Affly a multidot class, and this nerf on MG is the reason... But overall, i dont see Affly lossing too much dps, and a least to me, the changes are well recive... MG sure is a boring talent.
    They want to make affliction multidot class and that's why they made tier bonus bound to single target and probably will not change it. Also stats on that tier as of now considering legendaries slots of all warlock specs are just retarded.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Extremeties View Post
    What the hell is your problem? Grow up dude. Take your negative comments somewhere else.

Please, explain to me like I'm a 5 year old child how it's only a 1.8% nerf? 70 > 20% is not 1.8%. Can you honestly say increasing affliction dmg by 15% offsets the MG nerf?
    You were wrong with your statement about the 15% buff not making up for the MG nerf and got called out on it, then get defensive and call people to "grow up". It's not rocket science, seriously. Sims aren't the best tool to show how good/bad a nerf actually is, in this case sims would even favor your stance since simulations assume perfect play and 0 movement (increasing MG value) but it still doesn't add up. If you want some math outside of sims, go to the other thread where i explained it pretty basically.

The thing you're missing is the fact that right now, MG doesn't increase your damage by 70% or even close to it. It's more in the 20-26% range. New MG value would be somewhere around 7-9% dps increase and the 15% global buff DOES offset that. If you're struggeling with drain uptime or the fight requires a bit of movement, the changes are actually a slight buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    You were wrong with your statement about the 15% buff not making up for the MG nerf and got called out on it, then get defensive and call people to "grow up". It's not rocket science, seriously. Sims aren't the best tool to show how good/bad a nerf actually is, in this case sims would even favor your stance since simulations assume perfect play and 0 movement (increasing MG value) but it still doesn't add up. If you want some math outside of sims, go to the other thread where i explained it pretty basically.

The thing you're missing is the fact that right now, MG doesn't increase your damage by 70% or even close to it. It's more in the 20-26% range. New MG value would be somewhere around 7-9% dps increase and the 15% global buff DOES offset that. If you're struggeling with drain uptime or the fight requires a bit of movement, the changes are actually a slight buff.
    Since when is having a childish insult thrown at me as he did, "being called out? He threw a random number out, 1.8%. That seems far fetched. And, Insults are childish, that's a fact so yes, grow up is warranted. Instead of having a constructive conversation about the matter, insults are thrown and you defend it which further shows where you stand... that said, I am trying to see just how the 15% offsets the nerf to MG. To me, it doesn't seem even close.

Do you mind explaining how 70 to 25% reduction in dmg from MG's effect is 20-26% range?

Well, they are spreading the dmg out to the dots with a slight nerf. Seems like a crazy good tradeoff to me, providing their numbers are correct. If true, AFF is coming out ahead imo.

Deleted
    Do you mind explaining how 70 to 25% reduction in dmg from MG's effect is 20-26% range?
    Ok. Once again, MG doesn't increase your dps by 70%. Currently, depending on drain uptime and whatnot, it's more like a 20-26% dmg increase (of your TOTAL dps, not just dot dmg during drain).

25 is roughly 35.7% of 70. So we take the old value of 20-26% dmg increase and multiply it by 0.357, resulting in 7-9% total dps increase for MG. Can you now see how the 15% buff offsets the ~64% nerf to MG?

I'm ok with them nerfing an ability/talent but that means other abilities need to make up for the loss. A 15% buff to affliction dmg to
    Me personally is a lackluster change at best and dmg wise doesn't add up to what we're losing with the huge decrease in dmg from MG. Changing rotation or play style I'm perfectly fine with. I play Affliction because I love dots. But once they start forcing certain specs into specific roles is when I think it's time to speak up. And it seems like they want Affliction to be good at multi dotting, which means you're forced into either Destruction or Demo for stronger raid/ST dmg.
    It's easy. The warlock math guru already did the math for you in simcraft. Look at the top dps for 7.2 then look at the top dps for 7.2.5. You get 1.8%. Your not looking at the whole picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Feio View Post
    Ok. Once again, MG doesn't increase your dps by 70%. Currently, depending on drain uptime and whatnot, it's more like a 20-26% dmg increase (of your TOTAL dps, not just dot dmg during drain).

25 is roughly 35.7% of 70. So we take the old value of 20-26% dmg increase and multiply it by 0.357, resulting in 7-9% total dps increase for MG. Can you now see how the 15% buff offsets the ~64% nerf to MG?
    I completely understand what MG does. I understand that increases our dot's dmg by 70% while channeled. I get it. If you think I thought otherwise, than my mistake for not clarifying that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by severan View Post
    It's easy. The warlock math guru already did the math for you in simcraft. Look at the top dps for 7.2 then look at the top dps for 7.2.5. You get 1.8%. Your not looking at the whole picture.

I take simcraft or any sims for that matter with a grain of salt. Why? Because sims can't replicate what a raid scenario is like, to a T

Well, I don't think tuning is done yet either. So imo, it's still a wait and see at this point. But so far this is heading in the right direction. More feedback is good for them about these changes, especially as we get to test this stuff out.

Also curious to see what this does, if anything, to AFF legendaries. My 7th just dropped for me, Corruption ring. Still no Helm, ah well.

Also this update is pretty surprising, from Blizz: "We hear you all on Soul Effigy. We’re going to remove it in the next PTR patch. It’s concerning when the community sentiment towards a talent isn’t that it’s overpowered or underpowered, but that everyone is terrified they’re going to have to play that way if it becomes strong."

T20 not going to be drain focussed. SC not nerfed for AFF. I like the way this is shaping up so far for AFF. And here I thought Destro was going to get all the (deserved) attention.

It's very nice to see them communicate and "hear us". Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.
    Last edited by Liarparadox; 2017-04-21 at 07:51 AM.

honestly the focus on the first row rebalance was always kinda burying the lede; whatever happens with malefic grasp/haunt/WiA they'll probably be pretty close for overall damage and we'll have to wait on tuning/fight mechanics to really see what's up.

the big scary news imo was that they were gonna make soul effigy a much better numerical option in comparison to conduit, forcing everyone to either play effigy or just take the numbers hit. Thank all the fucks in the sky that feedback seems to have gotten through about effigy being awful

Deleted
    Actually the canges to affliction don't look that bad. WiA and Haunt getting more viability is actually something good. And seeing as MG buid Dmg should stay roughly the same I think we will be fine. Really looking forward to this patch.

Deleted
    I completely understand what MG does. I understand that increases our dot's dmg by 70% while channeled. I get it. If you think I thought otherwise, than my mistake for not clarifying that.

- - - Updated - - -

I take simcraft or any sims for that matter with a grain of salt. Why? Because sims can't replicate what a raid scenario is like, to a T
    Yet you provide no proof or math that the nerf to MG and buff to everything by 15% is a nerf to overall damage and the sky is falling. Sims are very good at comparing 1 scenario vs another, especially when dealing with dmg changes. Easiest one being patchwerk ofc but that one does favor MG.

- - - Updated - - -

The sim will do the math for you which is what your trying to work out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slickwilly View Post
    The sim will do the math for you which is what your trying to work out.
    With simple napkin math (that I'm not sure is fully accurate, so feel free to chime in):
    Assumptions:
    - Our dots do 100% of damage today
    - MG increases them by 70%
    - Uptime of MG today is around 50%

Today: Total damage is 100% + ( 100% * 70% * 50%) = 135%

After: Total damage is 115% + (115% * 25% * 50%) = 129.3%

So overall, a 5% loss. This is probably then further reduced by the artifact traits scaling better on the higher ticking dots (Shadow dmg%, Perdition, Agony, Corruption)

I wish that instead of playing with my effigy, they just replace the talent that no one ever takes.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, your math is wrong. We MGing when we use our most damaging spell, the UA. It resoults in a nerf that is way bigger then the uptime might suggest because it cuts the ability we use to deal most of our damage by 30%ish.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsey View Post
    Also, your math is wrong. We MGing when we use our most damaging spell, the UA. It resoults in a nerf that is way bigger then the uptime might suggest because it cuts the ability we use to deal most of our damage by 30%ish.
    Does it really matter which damage ability we use? I did it relative for a reason. UA currently 100%, UA in future 115%. So same logic applies. And again, traits scale better, especially with Reap which we also use when we have the most damaging dots on the target.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Socronoss View Post
    Does it really matter which damage ability we use? I did it relative for a reason. UA currently 100%, UA in future 115%. So same logic applies. And again, traits scale better, especially with Reap which we also use when we have the most damaging dots on the target.
    but the uptime of 50% means 100% for UA and 50% for the rest. Also, we deal dmg with demon, Harvester of Souls (corr dmg proc) and DS, which is not buffed by MG.

I becomes a complex amount of math really fast tbh. hence a patchwerk sim before/after will tell it in the best way for MG possible.