Switching to frost from fire...

I'm switching from fire to frost as fire is just too much of a crutch now in DPS. And while the DPS increase is nice, I feel like doing world quests is much more..awkward, as it is harder to target more than a couple mobs at a time.

Is this the way it is supposed to be?

As a high ilvl frost mage it's quite easy to do world quests. Just always use your Pet freeze on multiple targets to get 2+ FoFs and use Splitting Ice as a talent. I Just cleave my way to victory

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    As a high ilvl frost mage it's quite easy to do world quests. Just always use your Pet freeze on multiple targets to get 2+ FoFs and use Splitting Ice as a talent. I Just cleave my way to victory
    welll you dont even need your elemental to do world quests and fyi, lonely winter is more dps anyway, im ilvl 908 and im like soloing the 5 man rares/bosses fairly easily, and it isnt particular hard to pull several mobs, you have quite a few abilities to help you do that, like blizzard, frozen orb and splitting ice talent.

If you have orb up it's easy, orb + blizzard + spam lance and that works for quite well for larger pcks

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    welll you dont even need your elemental to do world quests and fyi, lonely winter is more dps anyway, im ilvl 908 and im like soloing the 5 man rares/bosses fairly easily, and it isnt particular hard to pull several mobs, you have quite a few abilities to help you do that, like blizzard, frozen orb and splitting ice talent.
    I know, that Lonely Winter is better DPS wise.. But that was not the problem. The problem was that he is struggling doing quests as a frost mage. And playing WITH the elemental can help.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathson View Post
    I know, that Lonely Winter is better DPS wise.. But that was not the problem. The problem was that he is struggling doing quests as a frost mage. And playing WITH the elemental can help.
    yeah, it can definately add some extra mob control which is always nice for those big pulls, i just feel the elemental's frost nova is so clunky to use.