Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Active accounts and "have been logged in at least once in a recent period of X days" are different things. Private servers with their free registration are Petri dishes for bots, gold sellers and multiboxing. I would consider "accounts that have been logged on for X amount of time per week for Y weeks straight and have been leveling up while doing so" as active account, not "accounts that have been logged in at least once in a recent period of X days".
    What you consider is kinda irrelevant, they announced 180k+ active accounts during a period of 30 days and that alone for me is suficient.

Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK and WoW today are contrasting, they almost really aren't comparable because they are so different with a completely different audience. WoW has become very corporatized over the last few years and is very different than the original mindset of making the game glimmer first and then profiting.

Quote Originally Posted by voidillusion View Post
    they announced 180k+ active accounts during a period of 30 days
    Those accounts were fake, as there were less than 60,000 level 50+ characters.

Go play a classic server. I guarantee you'll be back to legion within an hour. It's painful how rudimentary vanilla WoW is compared to Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hashcrypt View Post
    Go play a classic server. I guarantee you'll be back to legion within an hour. It's painful how rudimentary vanilla WoW is compared to Legion.
    Its also painful and cringe worthy when comparing how simplified, watered down, and 'kiddified' current WoW is compared to Vanilla. Thus the glaring issue, they never maintained balance and went from one extreme to the next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Demithio View Post
    Its also painful and cringe worthy when comparing how simplified, watered down, and 'kiddified' current WoW is compared to Vanilla. Thus the glaring issue, they never maintained balance and went from one extreme to the next.
    https://www.wowprogress.com I bet you play in one of the only 188g that have managed to kill myth gul'dan 10/10

how simplified, watered down, and 'kiddified' current WoW
    How is it exactly more "šimplified" or "watered down"? The game mechanics is leaps and bounds ahead of the vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    How is it exactly more "šimplified" or "watered down"? The game mechanics is leaps and bounds ahead of the vanilla.
    im betting his reason boils down to its more user friendly and not as demanding or complicated as it used to be
    Never believe you have seen the peak of human stupidity and ignorance, or you will constantly be surprised by the new levels the reach almost every day

Quote Originally Posted by Merillo View Post
    https://www.wowprogress.com I bet you play in one of the only 188g that have managed to kill myth gul'dan 10/10
    Umm yeah, no. You're using one example of how difficult 'extra super hyper amplified mythic' (or whatever they're calling it these days) is, when its not the norm for 99% of the rest of the game. We all know they have amped the above mentioned and is difficult, thats not what I'm talking about. But, you already knew that, of course.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thorbalt View Post
    im betting his reason boils down to its more user friendly and not as demanding or complicated as it used to be
    Yes, and yes. However, at least I'm looking for a healthy balance, unlike the opponents of such. There of course is no moderation here. User friendly and less demanding are OK as long as its not taken overboard (thus the balance part), like with what has happened to WoW in recent years. Of course, arguing that is pointless here as the proponents of the game swinging to full convenience and ease of access mode will defend it to the bitter end. Really a shame there is no moderate thinking or desire for a truly balanced game.
    Last edited by Demithio; 2017-04-20 at 05:49 PM.

Deleted
    Umm yeah, no. You're using one example of how difficult 'extra super hyper amplified mythic' (or whatever they're calling it these days) is, when its not the norm for 99% of the rest of the game. We all know they have amped the above mentioned and is difficult, thats not what I'm talking about. But, you already knew that, of course.
    So you are complaing about easy content being easy, there is harder content why are you not doing it?

The 99% of the game is easy? Dont looks like, after 3 month of NH only the 25% of guild have cleared it all on HC and same for tov (released on november) whit a 27%.

Pls stop judging the game after few LFR runs

10+ Year Old Account
    probably a lot of small details were better, a lot of things are better now... but what I miss the most and would not mind getting back is the skillbook, at least as a mage i found uses for all 11 versions of frostbolt, different cast times different mana consumption, it just made rotations at least in pvp be more versatile and interesting.

Going into UBRS was an adventure, a thrill and a threat.
    I did not even know what loot it dropped or what bosses it had or what path we were going to take.
    That is an adventure, something you do for fun and excitement and not for some numerical reward.

WOW stopped being an adventure and completely turn into a numerical grind game.
    You don't sense any mystery or excitement when you enter a dungeon.
    All you think is "When will this end so i get this item or that currency"...

15+ Year Old Account
    That really hasn't happened. This game is far more complex then in Vanilla. The only thing they really removed were the artificial time sinks. You know, things that were completely pointless like running to a trainer to learn spells. They stop grinding the grind by piling things on top of you. You can basically just play the game now. The game also isn't new and mysterious like vanilla was.

People also like to point towards variety of spells and talents. But really unless you were a dummy you read a guide and knew what spells to use as well as talents. Your ability to play the game was dictated by your reading comprehension.

There's also guides and websites for every feature of the game which makes it feel like the game holds your hand but really it's the strong community that assists.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    This game is far more complex then in Vanilla. .
    I think you may be confusing complexity with an overabundance of gimmickry. Things added that try to compensate for the lack of core game play quality. Time sinks are a necessary part of an MMORPG. What you call 'time sinks' are actually important game play elements to others. The question is, how did Blizzard balance and moderate time sinks with accessibility elements in the game. The answer is, they didn't, not in the current iteration. I was never saying blast the game back to 2004, just have a balance between accessibility and so called 'time sinks'. There's been so many things removed from the game one could write a three page list and still not remember half of them.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Please Blizzard, in order to bring the game back to its true greatness you must bring back:
    Keys that take bag space.
    Mounts that take bag space.
    Remove xmog.
    Bring back 40 man raids as the only option.
    Bring back spell ranks and remove 3/4 of our spells.
    Bring back warriors being the only real tanking class.
    Bring back hybrids as lesser dps specs.
    Bring back heroism/bloodlust from shamans only.
    Shamans just for the Horde.
    Old graphics where better!
    Months of leveling! lets face it, the journey to max level alone should take a year.
    Remove particle effects from quest objectives, if I have to click a tiny brown object in the ground I want that experience to be realistic!
    No AoE Looting! I want to loot each corpse individually damn it!

Well, the list is long and the joke looses its appeal.

I honestly think the game has gotten better over the years. I began playing in BC and I have no fondness for it, even back then there was a lot of things I found to be "bad" that they have removed over the years. But we are all entittled to our opinion so I will respectfully disagree with Vanilla being better and move on.
    As I said, I wasnt calling for Blizzard to blast the game back to 2004. However, you seem to be implying such. So I suppose you didn't read real carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by deniter View Post
    Classic was an RPG, Legion is an action game.

I don't think you can say which one is better. Apples and oranges, you see.
    Yeah, I think this sums it up.

Because twitter wasnt a thing.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Classic WoW is a completely different game. I'd call it your typical old school MMORPG where the leveling process was the actual game, with the end game being just extra content to do once your finished. Therefor the world felt a lot larger, the community was a lot nicer and more active as you needed each other for different goals so you had to be nice to keep a good server reputation. Dungeons were also a lot more old school for being so huge and open, it was very easy to actually get lost as you didn't even have a map back then. The difficulty of leveling was a lot harder, with mobs being a lot stronger, your character being a lot weaker, and the quests being more difficult as you had no extra tools to find your locations and stuff. You really needed to read the quest to figure out where you need to head out. I can't comment much on raid difficulty as I didn't do much of it back at the time and my memory is already very vague, but bosses were tuned a lot different than nowadays bosses where gear matters a lot more. Todays bosses requires more attention to mechanics, which they have a lot of by now.

Modern WoW is almost entirely focussed on the end game. It has a lot of different things to do like raiding, dungeons, world quests and all, but it has no more focus on the journey'ish experience that classic WoW provided as the leveling experience goes by to fast. And with all the queue'able tools, there's no real need to be nice or even talk to anyone. These days most people are just isolated into their own guilds without having much interaction anywhere else. I'd say that the community is still a huge part of what makes a game great, but the community in WoW feels almost non-existant as there is no real need to go out and find new people to group up with. All the new tools are partly to blame for it. Whenever I clear a zone of WQ's and I group up, after like 20 groups no one even talked in chat at all. Despite these negatives, modern WoW still provides the best quality raiding and some of the better narrative driven quest chains. A lot of other QoL features makes up for the game aswell.

There's no ''better'' game and its easily possible to enjoy both and wanting to play them both. But as of yet I doubt that Blizzard will want to compete with themselves by releasing a vanilla server, maybe when WoW ends which might be sooner than we think (as we're running out of major bad guys and nearing the end by now). I would definately be interested in a remastered version of vanilla that makes the game better in a lot of ways without actually changing the game to much, it sure as hell doesn't need all those cross-feature tools that retail has. Maybe some extra difficulties for raids to make them really hardcore for 40-man.

Quote Originally Posted by caballitomalo View Post
    Please Blizzard, in order to bring the game back to its true greatness you must bring back:
    Keys that take bag space.
    Mounts that take bag space.
    Remove xmog.
    Bring back 40 man raids as the only option.
    Bring back spell ranks and remove 3/4 of our spells.
    Bring back warriors being the only real tanking class.
    Bring back hybrids as lesser dps specs.
    Bring back heroism/bloodlust from shamans only.
    Shamans just for the Horde.
    Old graphics where better!
    Months of leveling! lets face it, the journey to max level alone should take a year.
    Remove particle effects from quest objectives, if I have to click a tiny brown object in the ground I want that experience to be realistic!
    No AoE Looting! I want to loot each corpse individually damn it!

Well, the list is long and the joke looses its appeal.

I honestly think the game has gotten better over the years. I began playing in BC and I have no fondness for it, even back then there was a lot of things I found to be "bad" that they have removed over the years. But we are all entittled to our opinion so I will respectfully disagree with Vanilla being better and move on.
    I actually wish they'd bring back some of those things. And that just proves people prefer different versions of the game.

Two different games. One is a social MMO role-playing and adventure game and the other one is a solo-queueing faceroll action game.