Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see a studio to use Netflix to put out super long movies.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I really liked Marco Polo that was really good, I think that is Netflix Original.

As far as the super hero stuff, i stay away from that I have no interest in that type of stuff... I wish Netflix would stop suggesting stuff I don't like at all

Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

I've seen both Luke cage and Iron fist now, Even tho i like Marvel and super heroes in general, It's just something about these shows that feels weird.

I guess i enjoy the "Villain of the week" Type concept more, Since i very much enjoy all of the CW shows.
    It is taste/audience/type of show. And most are made for a specific group. You either hate or love the show

Netflix shows are more gritty, dark and are focused on specific people. They have a overall villain. And a slower pace.

AoS: is now a show of mini arcs. They have a over arcing story. But usually that contains a mini arc ( so far my favorite). Rip The patriot our hero mr mace

Gotham: Has a 1 season villain ( over arcing one) + villain/hench(wo)men of the week. A weird over the top show. ( want to say i love it, but the truth is i just like erin richards allot.

Flash/arrow/legends/supergirl: Also a main bad guy with a henchmen/problem of the week. Allot of focus on drama and relation ships ( even tough they suck at making them....iris and barry are a bad match the actors are boring together.

All of them have good and bad things about them. Personally like AoS the most. they dare to kill people and keep them dead and has a big nice story flow.
    And i dislike flash the most. Mostly because of the barry loves iris stuff ( again do not like the match no chemistry at all). And season 1 to 3 has been the same so far. Barry does something dumb. Big bad faster speedster arrives. Barry needs to get faster. 1 family member dies. Barry becomes faster and stops bad guy.
    Look at his mom when she dies, there is young barry, barry who watches but does nothing, barry who stops the killing and barry who stops other barry from doing what barry 3 did...( or something like that).

Side note: ABC ...(i think) is bringing out cloak and dagger. ( marvel)...looks like a teen drama/hero tv series.

Hey.

I've seen both Luke cage and Iron fist now, Even tho i like Marvel and super heroes in general, It's just something about these shows that feels weird.

I guess i enjoy the "Villain of the week" Type concept more, Since i very much enjoy all of the CW shows.
    Speaking for the superhero series, even though the Netflix ones vary in quality, I find all of them vastly superior to the CW shows. To me they are written so badly that they are unwatchable, (and I have tried multiple times).

Guess it all gets down to varying tastes.

Hey.

Well to be fair, Iron Fist is massive fucking shit. Not sorry for the language, I say it how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post

yay you listed 5 tv shows out of the 50 or so they have.

see my point? they have more shows than they keep an audience for.

my point was they should be spending more Focus on the shows people are actually wthcing then churning out more and more shit.
    You lack understanding of the film industry....or any industry for that manner. You don't rely on having just one huge hit. You attempt to have several decent to good products with a few great ones in there. So Hasbro needs to discontinue every product that isn't tickle me elmo? Because that's the only one people got murdered over, so clearly it's the only one worth investing in. Please, no more posting until you understand the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    You lack understanding of the film industry....or any industry for that manner. You don't rely on having just one huge hit. You attempt to have several decent to good products with a few great ones in there. So Hasbro needs to discontinue every product that isn't tickle me elmo? Because that's the only one people got murdered over, so clearly it's the only one worth investing in. Please, no more posting until you understand the content.
    That, and also, you'd be amazed at the amount of people watching extremely badly written and badly acted shows like Riverdale.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Well to be fair, Iron Fist is massive fucking shit. Not sorry for the language, I say it how it is.
    I noticed that aswell, Why did they make it so bad? The Iron Fist stuff wasen't the most interesting, I found some of the Ward and overall rand stuff to be more interesting

The Netflix series are of varying quality.

Daredevil was ridiculously awesome when it came out, the following seasons have been good but not quite as stellar as the first.

Jessica Jones was very good, at the level of Daredevil. The writing wasn't all that great, but the actress carried it anyway.

Luke Cage was complete and utter shit. The writing was shit, the whole story was shit, the characters were shit, the whole show was just one giant steaming pile of shit. But at least it can be forgotten quickly.

Iron Fist is now mediocre at best. It's not nearly as bad as Luke Cage, of course, but it's also not nearly on the level of Daredevil or Jessica Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaVolti View Post
    The Netflix series are of varying quality.

Daredevil was ridiculously awesome when it came out, the following seasons have been good but not quite as stellar as the first.

Jessica Jones was very good, at the level of Daredevil. The writing wasn't all that great, but the actress carried it anyway.

Luke Cage was complete and utter shit. The writing was shit, the whole story was shit, the characters were shit, the whole show was just one giant steaming pile of shit. But at least it can be forgotten quickly.

Iron Fist is now mediocre at best. It's not nearly as bad as Luke Cage, of course, but it's also not nearly on the level of Daredevil or Jessica Jones.
    Sorry, opinions and taste aside, 100% subjectively, Iron Fist is far worse than Luke Cage.

To me on my opinion,

Netflix is just churning out more shit shows than they can keep an audience with just to try find that one show that is a hit.

they still havent found itm and when they find that one good show they only do one season and move onto the next shit show to show off.
    House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, and Daredevil are all huge hits and all have more than a single season.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I noticed that aswell, Why did they make it so bad? The Iron Fist stuff wasen't the most interesting, I found some of the Ward and overall rand stuff to be more interesting
    I never read the comics, but the series is too similar to Arrow, but on 5x speed, the guy everybody think is dead comes back, now badass at fighting, and he wants to get his money/company back, and every single person he knows is tied to the bullshit that goes on in the city.

At least Arrow did it decently enough for a while (before the series became a resurection fest or some shit). Also the fighting scenes in Iron Fist are disgusting, the martial arts in Daredevil are better than in Iron Fist, and it should be the other way around lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it interesting how divisive Luke Cage seems to be. Some people absolutely love it and say it is by far the best of the Netflix Marvel shows while others totally hate it. I personally thought it was quite good, but I still enjoyed Daredevil and Jessica Jones better. Still have not seen Iron Fist.

i guess you missed the point i was making? that Netflix is churning out more shit then they should, they should foxus on the shit people are actually enjoying watching.

- - - Updated - - -

yay you listed 5 tv shows out of the 50 or so they have.

see my point? they have more shows than they keep an audience for.

my point was they should be spending more Focus on the shows people are actually wthcing then churning out more and more shit.
    What are you basing that on? I am pretty sure Netflix knows exactly what series people are watching. Just because you or your small circle of friends/family may not watch something, that doesn't mean no one is watching it. Series like Orange is the new Black, House of Cards, and Stranger Things were hugely popular and either already have multiple seasons or are getting more while others like Marco Polo, even though I thought it was good, it seems like it was not nearly as well received and has been canceled after the second season.

House of Cards & Stranger Things are the two best series they've done, and they are excellent. Daredevil is good if you can power through the very mediocre early episodes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    An alcoholic fighting his addiction is fighting a jihad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    You realize they aren't stopping the shows people are watching in order to make new ones, right? They're doing what literally every fucking TV network in history has done-present a variety of shows, continue the popular ones, and cancel the ones that aren't as popular. How exactly are they supposed to "focus more" on the popular shows, put out 2 seasons of House of Cards in 1 year rather than one season, like every other show in history?
    some they have stopped at the end of season 1, and dont have a relesae date for season 2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    alright put it like this, if you have 1 good experience out of 50 would you give that experience another chance, seeming as the last 49 attempts gave you a bad experience?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, and Daredevil are all huge hits and all have more than a single season.
    yep this has been bought up see my second comment :P
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Bojack Horseman is a great show tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post
    I find it interesting how divisive Luke Cage seems to be. Some people absolutely love it and say it is by far the best of the Netflix Marvel shows while others totally hate it. I personally thought it was quite good, but I still enjoyed Daredevil and Jessica Jones better. Still have not seen Iron Fist.

What are you basing that on? I am pretty sure Netflix knows exactly what series people are watching. Just because you or your small circle of friends/family may not watch something, that doesn't mean no one is watching it. Series like Orange is the new Black, House of Cards, and Stranger Things were hugely popular and either already have multiple seasons or are getting more while others like Marco Polo, even though I thought it was good, it seems like it was not nearly as well received and has been canceled after the second season.
    those shows you listed i watch, but i could list off a heap of Netflix Original's that you probably havent seen. or would probably not watch just for the fact that there are 2 many of them.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Narcos
    Daredevil
    Stranger Things
    House of Cards
    OITNB (I don't like it, but others love it)

Great Netflix original shows.

7+ Year Old Account
    Is it surprising that you won't like all shows?

Daredevil : I really liked this show over all.
    Jessica Jones : Kind of thought it sucked. Maybe it just didn't live up to the hype and as such I held that against it. Maybe it was that the lead just hasn't impressed me since her work on Breaking Bad. The supporting cast I thought was solid.
    Luke Cage : Thought it was alright but over all pretty boring.
    Iron Fist : The worst of the bunch. I would love to see them redo this in a scenario where they actually take the time to do it right. I want to believe the bulk of the issues with this particular show was how hurried it was.

Having said all of that, I know plenty of people disagree with me but it doesn't matter: we like what we like, there should be no surprise there.

alright put it like this, if you have 1 good experience out of 50 would you give that experience another chance, seeming as the last 49 attempts gave you a bad experience?

- - - Updated - - -

That's not the situation. If I have 49 bad experiences with a product, that product gets no more business. But that doesn't mean things made by the same company get treated the same way, that's illogical. These are all different products. I get what you're trying to say, it's just not true or meaningful.