Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

I've seen both Luke cage and Iron fist now, Even tho i like Marvel and super heroes in general, It's just something about these shows that feels weird.

I guess i enjoy the "Villain of the week" Type concept more, Since i very much enjoy all of the CW shows.
    Luke cage and iron fist were the worst of the two recent ones imo. Daredevil was solid tho
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    some they have stopped at the end of season 1, and dont have a relesae date for season 2.

That doesn't mean they have given up on the series. Netflix's production is a little different than normal TV. They don't have to worry about filling a schedule or attracting advertisers so they don't have to plan out seasons the same way. Also, with regular TV, they release an episode a week so a long running series could take 26 weeks to finish airing where as Netflix will release all episodes at once. That makes it feel like there is a longer gap between each season. If a regular TV station starts a new series and then orders a second season after 12 weeks, they either are just about to finish airing the last episode or are only half way through the run of the first season, depending on the series length. Where as if Netflix put out a new series and then ordered a new season after 12 weeks, the series has already been off for three months so it feels like they didn't do anything about that series for a long time.

alright put it like this, if you have 1 good experience out of 50 would you give that experience another chance, seeming as the last 49 attempts gave you a bad experience?
    I look at it more like if I go to a restaurant and they have 50 different menu options and I really like one of them, I am not going to avoid going back to that restaurant just because the other 49 menu items did not interest me. I will sill go back for that one I really like and maybe down the road they will add something new to the menu that I also like.

those shows you listed i watch, but i could list off a heap of Netflix Original's that you probably havent seen. or would probably not watch just for the fact that there are 2 many of them.
    And there is nothing wrong with that. Just because I may never watch them doesn't mean that no one else will ever watch them. Netflix's goal is to have something to appeal to everyone and variety and quantity is the way to do that. Can that sometimes have a negative effect on quality? Sure, but I still understand that Netflix's goal is to get as many subscribers as possible and they still do put out quite a lot of high quality programs that I enjoy.
    Last edited by Skizzit; 2017-04-20 at 11:30 PM.

You watched the two worst of the Netflix shows, lol. Watch Daredevil and Jessica Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Sorry, opinions and taste aside, 100% subjectively, Iron Fist is far worse than Luke Cage.
    I don't agree with Mega that Luke Cage was bad, but it was still below the others including Iron Fist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SkagenRora View Post
    Hey.

I've seen both Luke cage and Iron fist now, Even tho i like Marvel and super heroes in general, It's just something about these shows that feels weird.

I guess i enjoy the "Villain of the week" Type concept more, Since i very much enjoy all of the CW shows.
    Iron Fist is just bad(It has the worst writing among the four Netflix+Marvel shows), Luke Cage isn't bad but it can feel like a miss if it doesn't appeal to your tastes.

Daredevil and Marco Polo are what I'd suggest watching, easily my favorite two shows on Netflix.

Don't watch Jessica Jones if you want a super hero show, severe emotional trauma is a major theme of the show.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

some they have stopped at the end of season 1, and dont have a relesae date for season 2.

alright put it like this, if you have 1 good experience out of 50 would you give that experience another chance, seeming as the last 49 attempts gave you a bad experience?
    Which of these popular shows on Netflix have stopped after 1 season? I'm trying to think of all the Netflix Originals stuff that I frequently saw getting praised, heard people talking about at work and on Facebook and stuff, etc, and, umm....all of them either have more than 1 season or have at least announced more than 1 season. So OOC, which of these supposedly popular shows is Netflix not focusing on and just dropping after 1 season?

And about your second point, that's a really, really dumb argument. There are different creative teams on all the Netflix shows. Same as any movie studio, or TV channel. Fox puts out a lot of shitty movies, but does that mean I'll never watch another Fox movie? No, cause I'm not a moron, and realize that Fox is just the company that releases the movies, the movies themselves have different directors, writers, casts, etc, and THAT is what determines their quality or lack thereof.
    Last edited by Stormcall; 2017-04-21 at 02:03 AM.

Well to be fair, Iron Fist is massive fucking shit. Not sorry for the language, I say it how it is.
    "I state my opinion" I fixed that for you.

yep this has been bought up see my second comment :P
    What about it? That they produce other shows that you do not like? Well, Same goes for every Network or Cable Channel...they provide a wide variety of programming to hit as many different demographics as possible. A lot of it you will not like.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
    I don't agree with Mega that Luke Cage was bad, but it was still below the others including Iron Fist.
    Subjectively, it is not. Can people stop being wrong for like one minute?

No mention of Voltron because that was amazing.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    No mention of Voltron because that was amazing.
    That is one thing i watched whole in a single day.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Daredevil was great
    Jessica Jones was also Great
    Loved Stranger Things
    Santa Clarita Diet was fun
    Havent seen Luke Cage, but Iron Fist is interesting.
    I can't however get into Legion that is on TV right now though.

It isn't necessary to say "subjectively" when stating an opinion, that property is implied. If what you mean is "objectively" then it needs clarifying, because it would mean you are a terrible judge of television programming as well as being bad at the use of those two words.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Selvarion View Post
    "I state my opinion" I fixed that for you.
    How is that an opinion? If I say an apple is a fruit, is this my opinion as well?

No, it's a fact that an apple is a fruit just like it's a fact that Iron Fist is bad.

Yes, people have different tastes, it can change their perception just like how you enjoy bad music and think it's good,. To you it's good, but subjectively it's not and that's perfectly fine, I also enjoy several bad things, the only thing that matters is that you have fun and enjoy yourself. Doesn't change the fact that things can be subjectively compared and criticized.

Iron Fist sucks regardless if people enjoy it or not, it subjectively sucks.

::Shrug::

I'm about half way though Iron Fist, and I think the show is fine. It's not the greatest ever, but I don't think it is nearly as bad as people have been making it out be. Allow me to commit some heresy here. At the mid point of the show, I think it is better then Jessica Jone and Luke Cage, as far as mid points go. Both Jone and Cage had much stronger starts to their respective show, but their middle parts are slow and boring as all hell. I think Iron Fist's middle so far is better.

Sometimes, I think in today's day and age we tend to get wrapped up in what we are told about something. Iron Fist is a very middling show. I get the sense that someone very early on told people that Iron Fist was pure shit and so when people watched it they started with the assumption it was junk and then found it to be junk. It's not that people can't legitimately think the show is bad, however, the overwhelming opinion that the show is just the worst thing ever just baffles me, because I just don't see it.

I have seen you say subjectively twice and I'm not sure if you are attempting to be humorous or what, but subjectively it can be good or bad as it is entirely opinion based as to the quality of the shows.

- - - Updated - - -

How is that an opinion? If I say an apple is a fruit, is this my opinion as well?

No, it's a fact that an apple is a fruit just like it's a fact that Iron Fist is bad.

Yes, people have different tastes, it can change their perception just like how you enjoy bad music and think it's good,. To you it's good, but subjectively it's not and that's perfectly fine, I also enjoy several bad things, the only thing that matters is that you have fun and enjoy yourself. Doesn't change the fact that things can be subjectively compared and criticized.

Iron Fist sucks regardless if people enjoy it or not, it subjectively sucks.
    Thanks for clarifying that you don't understand the difference between subjective and objective. Your opinion is basically meaningless at this point going forward.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    ::Shrug::

I'm about half way though Iron Fist, and I think the show is fine. It's not the greatest ever, but I don't think it is nearly as bad as people have been making it out be. Allow me to commit some heresy here. At the mid point of the show, I think it is better then Jessica Jone and Luke Cage, as far as mid points go. Both Jone and Cage had much stronger starts to their respective show, but their middle parts are slow and boring as all hell. I think Iron Fist's middle so far is better.

Sometimes, I think in today's day and age we tend to get wrapped up in what we are told about something. Iron Fist is a very middling show. I get the sense that someone very early on told people that Iron Fist was pure shit and so when people watched it they started with the assumption it was junk and then found it to be junk. It's not that people can't legitimately think the show is bad, however, the overwhelming opinion that the show is just the worst thing ever just baffles me, because I just don't see it.
    I have to agree with you. By the end of both I would put Jessica Jones and Iron Fist roughly at the same level with Jones maybe edging ahead due to a more interesting villain. Luke Cage on the other hand had some good music and a potentially good villain in the form of Cottonmouth, but the second half of Luke Cage was abysmal. Overall Luke Cage wasn't a bad show, but it really was not on par with any of the other Marvel/Netflix shows.

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone watch Thirteen Reasons Why?
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Anyone watch Thirteen Reasons Why?
    Third episode right now. All the high school nostalgia + god tier soundtrack = overCOMFYness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    Third episode right now. All the high school nostalgia + god tier soundtrack = overCOMFYness.
    Well I have read the book, am wondering if it is worth watching for not.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I didn't like Luke Cage either. Haven't watched Iron Fist though. I thought daredevil and jessica jones were really cool. I didn't like luke cage at all, it felt so disjointed and weirdly paced.
    I like cw shows in a guilty pleasure kind of way. I think flash is fun despite being juvenile sometimes. I liked the first 2 seasons of Arrow, and after that I don't think it ever got it together. Very melodramatic and soap-like. Lot is also fun to me because it's so campy. But they are, in my opinion, poor shows when compared to the netflix ones (atleast daredevil and jj). I found those 2 to be much better written, and felt distinctly well crafted in comparison.